Author Topic: Incorrect Password  (Read 6383 times)

firefly

• PGP
Incorrect Password
« on: September 23, 2007, 09:41:37 AM »
Hi there

I downloaded the game today, and made an account on the forums. When I add a profile, and try to log on, despite the fact I know my password and am typing it in correctly, it says my password is wrong. I am pretty sure I am entering it  correctly, even after changing it on my user and then entering it, it still doesn't let me log on.

Any ideas?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Incorrect Password
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 09:47:10 AM »
The forum account details aren't what you use to login. Get an account at www.dplogin.com.

edit: hmmm... looks like you already did. Just try retyping the password a couple of times.

firefly

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 10:24:06 AM »
Still doesn't work. I know my password, and it doens't work.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »
Make sure caps lock is not on. Also uncheck the Remember Password and Auto-Login boxes before you put it in. Then once you put it in you can recheck those boxes.

firefly

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 11:57:04 AM »
Nope
Still doesn't work. It tells me to check the console for the eroor

Is this normal?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »
Yes. Go check the console and see what it says then post that here.

firefly

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:10:01 AM »
It says:
firefly
Incorrect password for username

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 08:00:01 AM »
go back to the global login setup and retype password...

that happened to me last night... i said "login failed. incorrect password for username." i thought i'd be kicked off the server but i didn't... while waiting to get back in play, i went to setup and global setting and deleted all the "****" and retyped my password and it worked for me...

firefly

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 10:07:23 AM »
I'm putting in the password I signed up for my game account on, and it itsn't working.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 10:25:20 AM »
Can you login to dplogin.com?

Also if you want you can send me your login info in a PM and I will try it and see if it works for me.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 03:01:57 PM »
Delete your Global Login profile and make a new one.  This time use the same name for your profile as your username.  You should have a blank text box to key your password into.  One thing that might be causing the problem is that you have to keep your mouse cursor over the textbox while you type your username/password in.  Whenever your cursor comes off a text box, anything you type gets discarded.  Let us know how it goes, there currently aren't any issues with the login server.

The Sicilian

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 07:58:27 AM »
I too am having the exact problem.  I make sure I'm typing the correct password, and the 'profile' and 'username' fields have the same name.  I get the same error message "Incorrect password......"

I only downloaded the game today n created an account shortly after, so I suspect there may be a problem with the server for new users.

ne help?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »
so I suspect there may be a problem with the server for new users.

I am going to say that's not right because the login server is the same server for new and already registered players. Unless somehow the new accounts are not getting activated event though you activate them.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 12:32:32 PM »
Can you log in to the website at http://dplogin.com?  If so, make sure you're using build 19, and make sure you completely clear the password out of the text box.  It may be longer than what you've typed.  Also make sure that your name in the multiplayer setup is the same as the username in the profile.

The Sicilian

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 07:57:07 PM »
yeh i have no troubles logging in2 http://dplogin.com.  i am using build 19, and i am making sure the password box is completely clear of any characters.

Would the fact that my username has a space in it have anything 2 do with it?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 10:58:15 PM »
That space is most likely the problem.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 02:20:09 PM »
The space should get stripped out automatically, but try it without spaces just to see.  You can set your login name without spaces then just type name "The Sicilian" at the console to change your in-game name.

firefly

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 01:53:01 AM »
Ah ok. I was wondering if I can delete my account, and it seems from above that I can.

Edit: Completetely forgotten password, tried all things i thought it might be, but to no avail.

Any chance of it being deleted by someone else please?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 02:24:29 PM »
Ah ok. I was wondering if I can delete my account, and it seems from above that I can.

Edit: Completetely forgotten password, tried all things i thought it might be, but to no avail.

Any chance of it being deleted by someone else please?
I can reset the password for you - send an email to jitspoeATyahooDOTcom from the email account you've registered with.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 02:20:23 PM »
Here's a question. Why do i get kicked when logging on? Here's the scenario... I'll log in and play. I will then add my clan tag to my name. I will log off later. When I log back in i get kicked. If i remove my tag in setup I can log in. When I was in CoW I never had this problem. Why now?

Thnx,
The Unknown Player