Author Topic: Shockk : Looking for a good clan to join  (Read 6846 times)

shockk

• 68 Carbine
Shockk : Looking for a good clan to join
« on: September 23, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »
Hey I'm Shockk, I've been playing for 3 months now, don't let that fool you into thinking I suck. I've been in no names clans and  VQ (thats right i think) in my first.

I'm looking for a good clan that plans on staying for a while. Loial's already temp-banned me from server becasue he thinks I'm lying about the whole 3 months thing. :) XD

anyways, ive learned how to strafe jump and i do it well, and I'm looking for a good clan to give and learn from. Thanks

Shockk out

shockk

• 68 Carbine
Re: Shockk : Looking for a good clan to join
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 09:15:35 PM »
I've been in no name clans and VQ in my first week**** spelling mistake

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 10:11:08 PM »
VQ has been dead for like 4 or 5 months, so you weren't in that.

On a side note modify your post instead of double posting.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 11:14:19 PM »
What server did Loial temp ban you from?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 12:12:57 AM »
I'm looking for a good clan that plans on staying for a while. Loial's already temp-banned me from server becasue he thinks I'm lying about the whole 3 months thing. :) XD

Dude how do u know why he temp-banned you. If u were temp-banned you couldnt really have gone back and asked. I was there when he temp-banned you, and Loial (i think) was getting really annoyed by your actions in the server. You kept asking "can i join GT" or "can i have a tryout" and Loial answered you about 5 times then you kept asking and he said that it's an invite only clan. Then..you kept asking what is an invite only clan and then i answered you but you ignored it so Loial temp-banned you. Not because you were good and he couldnt believe you only had played for 3 months because you annoyed the dp community on that particular server.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 12:25:36 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:04:48 AM by Dirty_Taco »

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 06:51:50 AM »
When did you get temp banned? You were playing an hour before you posted this topic, and were still on when I left...

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 07:00:18 AM »
Ij is a good clan to join.

BuLLzEyE

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 08:04:48 AM »
VQ has been dead for like 4 or 5 months, so you weren't in that.
Acually, it has only been gone for 2 or 3 months.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 02:04:39 PM »
Whoa whoa people, ill try to respond to everything. I'm pretty sure VQ hasnt been gone for 5 months.

i EAT noobs are you in Ij?

yootz, i got temp banned when we were playing ub_cliff, i cant tell by the chart there that it was a diff game ( i can tell by whow as on what team)

YOU CAN TELL IF YOU ARE TEMP BANNED, just try to connect again and it says "Temp-Ban"

Rick, the whole temp ban wasnt the point. THE POINT WAAASSS, alot of people dont believe when I say I've played for 3 so months. I was asking for 1v1s becuase I wanetd a challenge against someone good. If you heard me, I was not just asking him.

I'm not sure what server it was, i dont keep track of that.

BACK TO THE MAIN POINT. I'm looking for a skilled clan who is respected and is committed.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 02:19:13 PM »
Rick, the whole temp ban wasnt the point. THE POINT WAAASSS, alot of people dont believe when I say I've played for 3 so months. I was asking for 1v1s becuase I wanetd a challenge against someone good. If you heard me, I was not just asking him.
BACK TO THE MAIN POINT. I'm looking for a skilled clan who is respected and is committed.

My best advice for you would be to get yourself into some scrims or pickup games through IRC with some decent players and make sure you keep your demos together.  In the mean time idle in few channels of clans that you would be interested in joining.  Get to know the members, an idea as to how the clan operates, and take a look at some of the other channels that the members are idling in.

The most important part is to resist the urge to bug members if they want to go play some fort20.bsp pub or try to get them to help you 2v2 your friend's clan.  If you just sit back, have a decent conversation with these guys in a couple different channels then you're going to start getting recognized.

Once you've got a decent ammount of demos from pugs, matches and scrims you can watch each one of them and pick out 2-3 (not necessarily your best) and see if a leader from this clan would like to watch them to get a better idea of how you play and what skillsets you would bring to the team.

By then you and the leader should know each other pretty well since you've been spending a lot of time hanging out in their IRC channel.  If all goes as planned, you should find yourself in a pretty sick clan.

I'm always willing to help anyone out if they want to send me a couple demos to watch.  As long as they're 3v3+, not pub demos and you're acting civil, I'll probably watch them and give you a couple pointers to improve your play.  Likewise, if you want to watch any of my demos from various clans/scrims/tournaments just drop me a PM on IRC and I'll see what I can find to upload (beware, I play with 90 fov ;)).

Edit: 100 posts until 1000

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 02:21:52 PM »
Once you've got a decent ammount of demos from pugs

Try dachshunds and labs too.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »
what?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 02:50:14 PM »
what?

You don't have to read my entire reply, I know it's kind've long :-\.  I'm sure if you just continue harassing server admins for 1v1s and bragging about how you're so good for only having played for 3 months you will land a good clan eventually.  It almost worked for SkateR, afterall.  If you're not going to invest in yourself, any decent and respected clan isn't going to invest in you.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 02:53:34 PM »
harassing? bragging? When i say I've been playign fro not long it means, take me seriously. And i don't have a clue who Skater is.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 03:01:10 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:04:41 AM by Dirty_Taco »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 03:03:46 PM »
If this is true then you definitely do not have enough experience yet to be in a clan.

I wouldn't necessarily say that.  He's probably way better off staying away and never ever knowing who SkateR is.

eagle

• Stingray
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 04:38:58 PM »
should we make a page of people who want to get into a clan?

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »
Hmm, okay so in the end, can you guys point me towards some good clans to aim for?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 05:25:02 PM »
I would start by going to clans like InT or a b squad or a couple other "less skilled" clans (no offense meant by that to those clans).