Author Topic: Rain + fireworks in maps  (Read 1694 times)

Playah

• 68 Carbine
Rain + fireworks in maps
« on: October 09, 2007, 03:48:45 AM »
So, a couple of weeks ago i was playing gwars.bsp on the OTB speed and i see that you can make fireworks. How to is shown in the demo below. It's pretty simple and maybe many people know about it.
I thought i'd post it up here because i haven't seen it anywhere here on the forum.

Now what can you do with this? This can be good for screenies of pb2 and decoration of maps.

Some other thing i've noticed is grenades falling at topspeed from the sky (i can't find the demo anymore). It looks for me like rain. Maybe mappers could animate rain like this. A problem that might come up with this is idea could be lag. It's up to the mappers to find out if that's the case.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:56:44 PM by Playah »

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Fireworks in maps
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:23:58 PM »
Well, those fireworks are initiated by a player's throw and not automatically. I'm not sure you can throw a grenade using entities (but I could be wrong... it has been a while...). You can already make "fireworks"/explosions using one of the entities.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:21:40 AM »
Do the fireworks created by entities look as realistic as the nade ones do? I havent seen fireworks created by entities yet.

About the "falling nades": Maybe it was just a glitch. Maybe it can be reproduced.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 12:24:23 PM »
Search for birthday.bsp :)

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »
or silvester.bsp

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 06:55:36 PM »
Do the fireworks created by entities look as realistic as the nade ones do? I havent seen fireworks created by entities yet.

They're pretty bad.

http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/mapmaking/visualeffects

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 03:56:05 PM »
A demo of rain in a "dp2 map" is attached. Actually, it's a jumpmap called orangejump1.bsp. I couldn't find something similar to this being posted.