Author Topic: bob WAS WARNED THEN KICKED  (Read 10451 times)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: bob WAS WARNED THEN KICKED
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 10:22:19 AM »
Coming from nearly 1000 hours of play time with BoB, I can say I have never once been under the suspicion that he had been cheating in a match, tournament, scrim, pickup or practice.  I recruited BoB to eR33t when he wasn't much more talented than loial and I have seen his progression as has the rest of eR33t and the players closer to him throughout the community.  BoB wasn't much more than a pub player with average aim and below average maneovering abilities when he first joined eR33t but after about a year of experience with eR33t he was in the top of the community in both regards.  I haven't been involved in his development much since but I have seen that he has developed his all around skills greatly making him a better team player and an excellent asset to eR33t.  He competes at a level much greater than anyone who I have seen accuse him of cheating.

Now for the gun dropping comment..  It isn't expected by anyone in the community for any good player to take on a major disadvantage in the act of fairness.  I don't see the New England Patriots playing without a quarterback.  If anything, it should motivate other players to do better.  There's no point for mediocre players to think they are good because they can beat a known good player with a 2:1-8:1 shots/second advantage.

But since it is your server you can impose any rule that you would like on it because you get to amke the calls.  However if these types of acts continue don't expect respect from anyone that has been around for any extended period of time.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2005, 11:12:46 AM »
it's the only build that doesn't have a messed up mouse sensitivity.
The mouse sensitivity adjustment was made after several requests (some specifically from bain and blitz after they had been using nocheat).  It can be toggled with the m_xp cvar.

As for the whole cheating accusation -- I doubt bob was cheating.  Once you get to a certain level, good playing skills are far more effective than any of the available cheats.  Aimbots?  Practically useless since you're firing projectiles at moving objects.  You need to lead them properly.  Wallhacks?  Good knowledge of the map and prediction of where players will be usually outweighs that.  On some maps they may offer a significant advantage, but I doubt it would make much difference on airtime.  Speed hacks?  Way too obvious, and I think the server settings are already set up so that they're not even possible.  With a map like airtime that's designed for speed jumping, it's no surprise that bob was able to make it in your base quickly.

I was running airtime, no difficulty for the average player to cover but BOB was in your base before you could get the air purged.
You start out with loaded co2, so you shouldn't have been purging in the first place! :)

If you want to force the use of the new build, type this at the console:
rcon <password> set sv_minclientbuild 14

All in all, though, bob does sometimes say things that would warrant a kick, but as was mentioned earlier, don't mix two completely different issues.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 11:49:58 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:16:05 AM by Dirty_Taco »

WarWulf

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2005, 11:51:40 AM »
how dare u acuse me of abusing quake2. i dont even use quake2 and further more i would support anti cheat software with no doubt.. ur a idiot. bob doesnt cheat as well. ganja he for sure cheats.
soo stop with the nay say lose ur ego and acept the death...

RuiNeR

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 12:35:09 PM »
Wallhacks rule, I wouldn't play without them (its no fun)

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2005, 01:33:02 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:15:38 PM by IronFist »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 01:33:50 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:15:59 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 06:03:38 PM »
All in all, though, bob does sometimes say things that would warrant a kick, but as was mentioned earlier, don't mix two completely different issues

Ok dokey Jitspoe Im learning.

"But since it is your server you can impose any rule that you would like on it because you get to amke the calls.  However if these types of acts continue don't expect respect from anyone that has been around for any extended period of time
" Got it Bain thanks just trying no to chace new players away.

Bob you goof ball you know me Im not the smartest cookie and I ment well(not from  your viewpoint) , as a mattere of fact palmtree was one of first request, we used to have a great time. Now your no fun to play with I guess you out grew my skill level which I know its posssible .

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 07:25:40 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:15:33 PM by IronFist »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 07:45:50 PM »
your never play blah!

SdC.Captin

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2005, 10:01:37 PM »
hI iM nEw ToO teH hOlE chEETiNg sEEn LoL!! culd nE oF U guyZ HoOk Me uP WiT sUm lEET HaX daT i no U guYZ haVe LoL!!

thnkx - velocity "ther is no spoone" - the matricks

lmao that pwned movie

WarWulf

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2005, 08:48:45 AM »
QUOTE: Let's handle this like men and start ejecting good players from the community.

First to go would be of course me, then Blitz, then Bain, then Bob, then SyncMaster, and a few others.

well u allready got rid of me.. kindda funny i just finnished writing my own map compilers. and working on my own custom model character builder. could of made them work with dp. o well jitspoes loss

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2005, 11:04:42 AM »
WarWulf: What on earth made you so bitter?

WarWulf {OWNER OF #DPL}

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2005, 02:44:15 PM »
ok this is the last time i tell you cause u seem to forget. i was working on a dpl (still have the code to prove it) i asked u more then once to support it but i didnt, then fryth comes along makes a league. names it dpl. u suport it. GET BENT excretory opening. all i ever did was try to help the dp community. and this is the thanks i get... acused of cheating my some meddling clutz on a fourm?????? GET BENT.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2005, 03:09:13 PM »
Sounds like SCO.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2005, 03:18:21 PM »
Define "support," because I really have no clue what you're going on about.  There hasn't been a DPL in years -- you're still bent out of shape over something that happened so long ago?

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2005, 03:22:50 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:15:24 PM by IronFist »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2005, 03:35:20 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:15:56 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005, 05:57:03 PM »
*taco smells himself

Hi UNI!!!

Donk

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2005, 06:07:16 PM »
Good lord...

Hush. Bob doesn't cheat. Own you?  Maybe... Cheat? No. Bob has been playing with a collection of the best players in dp for several years now, and has no doubt shared tactics with them. Is it impossible that he's just plain better than you? I imagine that the dp witch hunt will never end, but I assure you that Bob is not one of them.

On another note, SCHLONGIT DT! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! YOU RUIN EVERYTHING! OMF:LKJ@ EMUKODIAKROFLCOPTER! WHY DONT YOU EVER SHUT UP!???

Oh, and WarWulf = Pro-Tee.

Your majesty,
     -Donk