Author Topic: Prefab Pack  (Read 1445 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Prefab Pack
« on: October 11, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »
Post prefab objects or request prefab objects for someone to make I will put them in a pack (yes I kind of copied this of the CTP and the CMP).
I'll make some soon to put in here too of course.
Thanks,
Apocalypse
Edit: Sorry for the horrible explanation :-\

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
Re: Prefab Pack
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:38:38 PM »
prefab?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:45:30 PM »
Objects?
Such as the mill or ferris wheel floating around these boards?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »
Prefabrication is the practice of manufacturing the components of an assembly in one location and assembling them in another.

You want ideas and images?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 04:17:16 AM »
 Ok. Good idea imo. You should make a .map file and have lots of different rooms. Each room for each type of things you plan to have (ligths, objects etc).
You should ask people around (S8N) for some objects they have used in their map (The street light in airtime3) and what they have just created to kill some time or to try if something is possible.
Make sure you do not rush things and take your time.
This could improve the quality of details in maps. Not only that new mappers could easily take objects what they couldnt create themselves, but some might want to try something new aswell.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »
You want ideas and images?
Yup that'd be great.
prefab?
Prefabricated objects.
Objects?
Such as the mill or ferris wheel floating around these boards?
Yup that's what gave me the idea plus a couple requests.
Ok. Good idea imo. You should make a .map file and have lots of different rooms. Each room for each type of things you plan to have (ligths, objects etc).
You should ask people around (S8N) for some objects they have used in their map (The street light in airtime3) and what they have just created to kill some time or to try if something is possible.
Make sure you do not rush things and take your time.
This could improve the quality of details in maps. Not only that new mappers could easily take objects what they couldnt create themselves, but some might want to try something new aswell.
I like the idea I'll just have to keep it inside the purple barrier for those who don't know how to stop the error when you go outside of it, so that they can look at it in qbsp or whatever.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 06:42:07 PM »
this is a great idea. Good work Apocalypse, but i have some suggestions.
1. You should have a group of people basically rate each prefab submitted and put only the most useful and well constructed in the prefab pack.
2. Anything that is submitted should be able to be edited and re-submitted by other people to get improved prefabs.

Hope this works out, and again, great idea :)
-Cusoman