Author Topic: adding to eradicator's plan  (Read 22808 times)

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: adding to eradicator's plan
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »
I guess this idea would only work if the idea of "Official" servers is introduced.

I think caps/grabs should be kept as a different stat tho, not like Kilo said (record everything in points). So we could have a K/D ratio, and maybe something like a Cap/Grab ratio.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »
just like I said :D

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 06:22:09 PM »
probably need to show how many minutes played ( on a team)
I wouldn't count grabs, just caps
deaths per minute
kills per minute

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »
people who play blitz non-stop will have a higher k/m than someone who plays a real map

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 09:41:47 PM »
Or you could just do something like a point system. The scoring is like this.

1 kill = 1 point
1 death = -1 point
1 grab= 2 points
1 cap = 3 points

Or something like that; this would make it more challenging considering that everyone has their off days and stuff.
Thats a pretty good idea...but get rid of that for maps that use speed spawn cuz then you'll get loads of spawners...and they'll have the highest kills and like less than half in deaths.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 10:05:21 PM »
It could possible be written in code that the minimum respawn time for servers to report stats would be like 30 or whatever number.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 10:32:44 PM »
Mmhm. I think it'd just be easier to have 'Official' servers, though.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 10:59:20 PM »
Make that 16 player official servers with no low respawns and I am happy.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 02:21:26 AM »
sheesh, y'all almost make it sound like it (ranking system) would be more trouble than it's worth. :P

godzilla

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 03:47:43 AM »
guys i think we should all agree that a ranking system would be good so that leaders of clans could check out there profile or something.

theres lots of ideas on how to do it so we should all combine them.

maybe you can only get points form a private server if your matching or sumfin because then it is unfair that someone who plays a low spawn time map because they can just keep spawning the other team.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 11:48:03 AM »
well one thought that just occurred to me is perhaps a clan based ranking system instead of a global ranking system.  In the clan ranking system you could do k/d ratio, k/m ratios, total kills, k/paint used, or whatever, but it would be counted in matches only. How you would go about creating a system like this I don't know, but Clans could choose a multitude of criteria and then players in the clan could be ranked based on how they preform in clan matches.
-Cusoman

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2007, 04:18:34 PM »
I want both! Get to coding jitspoe! ;D

godzilla

• Stingray
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 02:03:39 AM »
lmao kilo i think it would take some time before it happens
paintball is not as big as a game like counterstrike or battfield.

but i like cusomans idea on clan rankings.

so when someone part of the clan gets alot of points they could become a co-leader or something higher

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »
we should make a ranking system like
(change the names if you want ;])

private (50 total kills)

LIEUTENANT (500 total kills)

corparel (5000 total kills)

captain (10000 total kills)

general (50000 total kills)

and sooo on!

like my idea jits????

have to give full credit to eradicator tho for orig idea!

Thanks Godzilla, but I'm not the only one who has had this idea and I probally wasn't the first to think of it either, but thanks!
anywhoo, I think those numbers should be way higher for stadards of ranking, but thats a pretty good idea.
But....I was goin for the idea that rankings should be related to those in games such as RS where there is #'s 1-(how ever many there needs to be). Also I think Kilo's idea definitly needs to be incorperated into this as well. His idea is what can seperate people who try from people who don't try(camping excessively) and dont follow rules.
And as soon as a hacker is detected he gets kicked off the list and has to start over when he gets unbanned.(another idea).
And listen I may not know almost anything about developing but I sure as h.e.l.l would like to help out in any way I can, and I really want a chance, so don't ignor this.
Peace for now.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »
I think the only way something like this could really work out is if it were strictly limited to match environments.  Otherwise people will jump on a speed server, spawn camp for a few minutes and get 500 kills to improve their rank, or constantly switch over to the winning team, and use other cheap tactics to get points.  Match only stats would:

a) Promote matching and clan activity.
b) Reduce stress on the stats/login server, since matches aren't as frequent as pub play.
c) Allow for more team-oriented scoring (ie: award points for matches won, rounds won, flag captures, etc.)
d) Make the stats have more meaning, rather than just how many "pub newbies you can pwn"
e) Allow for much more detailed statistics.

One thing I'd like to do is have the points scaled by the rank of your opponent.  For example, if you kill somebody with about the same number of points that you have, you'd get, say, 1 point.  If you kill some newbie who has almost no points, you'd get next to nothing.  If you kill somebody who has like twice as many points as you, maybe you get 2 points.  This would encourage people to match against higher-ranked players so they can rank up faster rather than repeatedly preying on newer clans to pad their stats.  It would also allow the skilled players to quickly climb up in their ranking and it would be more about who is has skill rather than who has the most free time to rake up points.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »

One thing I'd like to do is have the points scaled by the rank of your opponent.  For example, if you kill somebody with about the same number of points that you have, you'd get, say, 1 point.  If you kill some newbie who has almost no points, you'd get next to nothing.  If you kill somebody who has like twice as many points as you, maybe you get 2 points.  This would encourage people to match against higher-ranked players so they can rank up faster rather than repeatedly preying on newer clans to pad their stats.  It would also allow the skilled players to quickly climb up in their ranking and it would be more about who is has skill rather than who has the most free time to rake up points.
Well the only problem with what you said is that clans wont want to match clans worse then them, only better, which means if clan A wants to match B, who is better, B will refuse because it wants to match C, which in turn wants to match D, up the line so no matching goes on.  my scenario is a bit of an overkill yes, but new clans will definitely not have as many matching opportunities as older clans.  A way to fix this is to have a semi-standard. meaning if u are at a certain rank, then no matter who you kill, aside from the rank of newby, you get the same points, so that way elders will match newer members and vise versa.
-Cusoman

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 12:32:08 AM »
Exactly Jitspoe, that's what I was indirectly getting at on the page over, it's an alright idea in practice, not original, and definitely not perfect, but maybe if someone smooths out the rough edges it might be something worth voting for.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 05:01:46 AM »
If this would come, the speed server has no ranking, of course. Its a fun server.

What about PONG and KOTH ?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »
Well the only problem with what you said is that clans wont want to match clans worse then them, only better, which means if clan A wants to match B, who is better, B will refuse because it wants to match C, which in turn wants to match D, up the line so no matching goes on.  my scenario is a bit of an overkill yes, but new clans will definitely not have as many matching opportunities as older clans.  A way to fix this is to have a semi-standard. meaning if u are at a certain rank, then no matter who you kill, aside from the rank of newby, you get the same points, so that way elders will match newer members and vise versa.
-Cusoman
Ah, but if you match a better clan and lose, then you'd only be hurting your score.  You'd want to match a higher ranked clan, but not one so high that you have no chance of winning.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2007, 08:59:21 AM »
True, Jitspoe, i forgot that you get points no matter who you match.  ;)  I think that maybe a test server should be run, and people that 'sign up for testing' can get the passwords and play there, people of all skill, and then have a test match server, where clans could play, to test out a ranking system.  Personally i think the newly promoted committee should create a separate topic about this, or you could use this one, and could read everyones opinion.  then they should decide on a system, and create a test server to see how it works in reality, not just on paper.
-Cusoman