Author Topic: adding to eradicator's plan  (Read 22812 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Re: adding to eradicator's plan
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »
I volunteer to be one of the people in cusomans idea :D

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »
Maybe server admins like the GT's could make like a server and call it GT ranked server 1. But all the other server admins could do this too. Also speed servers should be unranked servers.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2007, 01:21:15 PM »
I got two more little toughts for this:

1. another fun stat to have would be who you have kiled the most out of the whole dp community
2. total paintballs used in "ranked" servers

edeholland

• PGP
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2007, 02:45:45 PM »
I got an idea. There should be a special server that has the same map and game mode all the time, and records the score in Kilo's way.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2007, 02:48:49 PM »
well another idea that just crossed my mind, instead of having one ranking system that judges based on weighted criteria, what if there were multiple ranking systems.  one for k/d ratio, one for least paint used per kill, one for most killz, one for least deaths, one for total paintballs used (i agree with eradicator), and so on.....  Yes i realize this would have multiple "best players of DP" which i don't think would be bad.
-Cusoman

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007, 09:16:28 PM »
Yes but what I'm saying is basically there would be a link at the top(such as forum) and it would say global ranking system and you type in your name and it has your number next to it (what place: ex.. 1. JiGsAW) and then goin across all yours stats. set up just like the in-game scorboard but with a ranking next to it.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 09:01:11 PM »
You lost me here:

We?  You're going to help Jitspoe design, code, test, and implement this elaborate and unnecessary task?  Sweet, thanks.

hahahahahahahaha XD Good one man :)

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »
Threads from 2007.
French players are dumb.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2011, 09:40:06 PM »
Threads from 2007.
French players are dumb.
You're right. Althought, I'm Canadian... Not French. Nice try though.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2011, 10:39:48 PM »
French Canadian...

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »
This game should have challenges like in COD Modern Warfare 2 that make your climb the ranks faster than killing people. The challenges should increase your rank by difficulty, harder ones make you get closer to being promoted, easier ones make you get closer by little.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 01:47:46 AM »
This game should have challenges like in COD Modern Warfare 2 that make your climb the ranks faster than killing people. The challenges should increase your rank by difficulty, harder ones make you get closer to being promoted, easier ones make you get closer by little.

Create a feature vote for it. You'll need to explain that in greater detail though. Like:
- Whats the highest rank?
- What happens when you get to the highest rank? New gun? New game? Emblem? Unlockables?
- Who determines what the challenges are
- What would the challenges be? Kill 100 people with a Carbine? (Baring in mind this could encourage spawn camping again...)

Personally, I think rewards are a good idea. But for your K/D ratio in a game, you get rewarded points. So if you have a K/D ratio of 0.71 you get 71 points. If you have a ratio of 3.56 you get 356 points - with the highest ratio possible being 5.00 (500 points), then, once you've collaborated a sufficient amount of points you can buy an extra grenade, buy a new gun? etc. etc... But this could be getting to much based on Cod..

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 07:24:37 AM »
This game should have challenges like in COD Modern Warfare 2

can you all stop comparing DP2 (created as a hobby) to highly professional games like COD etc. (hundreds of professionals working on the development)?

First of all it doesn't make any sense to even make a comparison, than it would also ruin the good-old DP2 game-play. If you want to unlock challenges, go play MW2.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 12:55:49 PM »
Agreed.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
it would also ruin the good-old DP2 game-play.

The full release is definetly going to be a lot different than the alpha 1 release. the game is no where near finished. There's definently going to be major changes. I thought it would make the game a lot more interesting to have challenges in it

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
The full release
I seriously wouldn't even worry about what any "full release" would be like, at this point. :P

Union

• PGP
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2014, 08:08:29 AM »
Yo, Jitspoe!

People could just go in a match with their freind and let them kill the over and over again.
Alot of people spawn camp before the match started because everyone re spawns instantly.