Author Topic: EuroPaint Cup #3 is coming!  (Read 4423 times)

b00nlander

• Autococker
EuroPaint Cup #3 is coming!
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »
The EuroPaint Cup Series - brought to you by the partnership between clan [QeHs] and DPger - is going into round #3. Once again 16 teams will face each other in a double elimination tournament, and once again we are expecting fierce battles for the crown.

This Tournament will be played on Sunday 4th November at 16:00 BST (British Summer Time), same time as always but this time it's on a Sunday.

The rules follow those that were used in the first tournaments, but please take some time go to over the rules given at weww.europaint.eu.

Each team may have up to 4 members, of which only 2 may play at any one time. Each match will last for 10 minutes, with each team allowed 1 observer in the server at any one time. Substitutions can take place at the end of any round, but substitutes are not allowed to join a team until the player they are replacing has left the team and joined observer. Every player is required to be using b18 or later, and must be logged into their account to enter a server and participate in a match. We also require every member of the team to record the whole match (servers are auto-recorded) as well as taking a screenshot at the end of every match. The map list for the tournament is not yet decided (an update on that will come soon), but you can expect similar types of maps like those played in the first tournaments.

Again, each round will consist of one 10 minute match on a map decided through elimination.

In order to register your team for this tournament please visit the Official EuroPaint website www.europaint.eu and sign up. Registrations will close at 00:00 BST Sunday 4th November 2007.To ensure your team secures a place please register early. Any teams that register, then realise they cannot play in the tournament must inform the EuroPaint administration as soon as possible, as any team that registers then does not turn up for the tournament on the day will be in breach of rule 4.4 and may be subsequently banned from future tournaments. Teams that have participated in previous tournaments have to join the cup again by "signing up" for the tournament #3.

As mentioned above, the first round is scheduled for Sunday 4th November 2007 at 16:00 BST. At least one representative from each team must be present on irc (#europaint) at this time and will be required to idle in the channel for the duration of the tournament. We have a dedicated irc channel (#europaint.scores on irc.gg-center.net) to report the scores of each match in real-time. We estimate from previous experience that the tournament will be finished by Sunday 4th November 2007 at 21:00 BST, so please ensure that you and your team members can commit to that time period before you register.

The list of rules for the tournament are available at www.europaint.eu, please ensure you read and understand the rules before the tournament begins, as not knowing the rules is no excuse for not following them (see rule 1.6).

Maplist:
fusionr
overrun
temple22
kungfu
fortress
bogwood
zen
rome

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact myself or another member of the EuroPaint administration team. You may contact us in any of the following methods:

- Email
 - lekky@europaint.eu
 - pure@europaint.eu
- Irc
 - #europaint on irc.gg-center.net
 - #europaint on irc.quakenet.net
- Website at www.europaint.eu   

Registration will open this weekend!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:46:05 AM by b00nlander »

MosEz

• Autococker
Re: EuroPaint Cup #3 is coming!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »
3v3 would be much better :/ but thanks for a new cup :)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 02:19:29 PM »
Good luck with this one b00n and lekky hopefully I won't have to 1v2 this time :D

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 03:40:11 PM »
Good luck with this one b00n and lekky hopefully I won't have to 1v2 this time :D

:)

Cheers!

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 05:47:06 PM »
Added to the DP Resource calendar (...that is underused):
http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/node/186

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:39:58 PM »
When can we register?
I was told 11am MST but the site hasn't been updated.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 12:45:42 PM »
yeah, can't find Lekky anywhere...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 05:13:36 PM »
Sorry guys my fault, busy with real life! If you want to check back tomorrow night it should be open for you. I'll update this thread in any case.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 06:54:34 PM »
Okay thanks Lekky.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 03:23:30 PM »
Ok guys registration is now open at www.europaint.eu Remember only to sign up if you can last the distance. Map list will be announced on Friday :P

Also remember that creating a team DOES NOT sign you up for the tournament, you need to explicitly sign up by click on the sign ups page.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 12:17:59 PM »

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 05:21:10 PM »
Should you really include a beta?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »
The map will be out of beta when the tournament comes around. The actual map will stay the same, its beta just to tidy up some things.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 06:24:03 PM »
Ok sounds fine then after looking at my schedule I won't be able to play :( but if I can help the little bit I'm there for I'd be glad to.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 05:38:13 AM »
registration is open for 3 more days, and only 4 spots left - time for you to register your team! :)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »
Are zen and myland2/myriver are final in three days?

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 11:24:09 AM »
i think its zenb1 and myland_b2

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 03:09:04 PM »
we will have the final of Zen and hopefully a close-to-final of myriver

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 12:42:00 AM »
oh darn

well, b3 is being compiled just now. So Ive fixed the guns in the map and some entity placement. Dont really know how close to finish it is because jits and fourthx found quite a few mistakes on the map what need to be relooked.

http://scythe.planet.ee/dp/myland2/myriver_b3.bsp - guess pure and lekky have to review it first.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:52:29 AM by blaa »

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 06:45:34 AM »
due to the unfinished state of myriver, we have decided to use rome.bsp instead. first post has been updated.
also, links to download the tournament's maps are presented on the europaint-website; currently there is only a beta-version of zen.bsp available, the full version will go online later today.

PS: there are still 2 open slots for you! :)