Author Topic: Leak Problem  (Read 1356 times)

chappy

• PGP
Leak Problem
« on: October 19, 2007, 11:01:45 PM »
Hi i just started making maps today and im having fun with it. I made a map just with a few object and a spawn point, but every time i would export it to PB2 there would be a leak, so i followed wat to do if you've got a leak and my entitie(s) is in the room i made and i have made layer after layer outside of the room but there is still a leak. problem is i went to 'leak check' and i thought because i named my file something different it will be in the map's folder and then i go to the maps folder and i cant do a leak cheat from them, but i forgot what the directory was that it sends you to straight away. i was doing a (.pts) leak check.  someone plz help me. it was a dumb thing to do.

heres the file i am working on.

Thanks

Chappy

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Leak Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 12:20:37 AM »
 Interesting. I got leak message too, but couldnt use the Leak Search.

And the layer technique you are using is wrong.

The map you made is not such a hard work to remake. Just start over and try to avoid leaks. Use grid - 16 units, maybe 8. Align brushes correctly.

chappy

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 12:22:31 AM »
Okay thanks for the advice, i've changed my 'outer layer' method after looking over the method i used.

thanks for the quick reply.

Chappy

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 12:32:37 AM »
The playing area is inside a box. No, not surrounded by a box; IN a box (one brush). That's problem one.

Problem two is that the whole map itself is in a box too. Once again, not surrounded by a box; IN a box (one brush).

Removing these two boxes fixes your leak.

chappy

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 01:05:07 AM »
ive tried to make it again but its leaking and i cant fix it. heres the map.

chappy

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 01:40:38 AM »
How do u make ladders for PB2 in the BSP thing, because i've tried making wat succesfull ladders look like but it didnt work.

Chappy

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 02:58:30 AM »
 You select the ladder parts and hit s to bring up a menu. Then on the menu mark the box infront of "ladder". That easy.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 03:14:49 AM »
ive tried to make it again but its leaking and i cant fix it. heres the map.

Add an info_player_deathmatch, and "qbsp vis" compile it. Should work fine with no leaks.

chappy

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 12:24:46 PM »
Okay thanks guys, turns out i deleted that map because i thought it wouldnt work but i made a new one that im working on now anyway.

Thanks guys

Chappy

chappy

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 09:13:18 PM »
Here's my map for all that want to check it out, tell me if theres something wrong with it tho.
it the .map file