Author Topic: Unable to get a headless ubuntu server up  (Read 306 times)

jsnotlout

• PGP
Unable to get a headless ubuntu server up
« on: February 05, 2024, 05:49:35 PM »
Ok, I really want to have a server running 24/7 on my machine, But it will not start. (its ubuntu server 23.04, running headless and I use SSH to log in)
Here is my script (named Start.sh):
screen -AmdS paintball ./paintball2 +set dedicated 1 +exec CVPaintball.cfg +set port 11111 +map arenaball
Since this didn't work, I tried just putting this in terminal (yes i did it in the directory with paintball2 file):
./paintball2 +set dedicated 1 +exec CVPaintball.cfg +set port 11111 +map arenaball

but it just fails saying cannot execute, Required file not found.
I have no idea what file it is referring to.

Its going to be run on boot with this script:
#!/bin/sh
runuser paintball -l -c "cd /home/paintball/paintball2/ && ./Start.sh"

Thanks for helping!

jsnotlout

• PGP
Re: Unable to get a headless ubuntu server up
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 10:20:45 PM »
EDIT:
I have fixed the issue by downloading the libraries.

dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get update
apt-get install build-essential gcc-multilib rpm libstdc++6 libgcc1 zlib1g libncurses5 libc6

The guide I was referencing was old, This one does a better job. Just don't use the wget command as it does not work, download the file and unzip it manually to the directory.
https://forums.digitalpaint.org/index.php?topic=26558.0

jsnotlout

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 11:05:14 PM »
The only issue I face now, is the server not showing up on the server list. I have port forwarded 27910 and allowed it through the firewall. The server appears to be running in the screen instance

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 05:15:06 AM »
It's an old thread, but you are starting your server with port 11111 and not 27910 (if you use the commands provided here).

The wget command is working fine, it's just an old link. Use build046 instead of build041.

Or you use the paintball docker image: https://forums.digitalpaint.org/index.php?topic=28768.0

jsnotlout

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 12:21:34 PM »
Thanks, I got the port changed, I forgot to mention that. And the server is showing up.
I didnt know where to get the updated build link