Author Topic: How to play the Quake2 jump mod  (Read 70376 times)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Re: How to play the Quake2 jump mod
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
Go on ic3y Jump, then you play the q2 Jumpmod

Is it possible to play this single player? Kind of like how you can start your own LAN server in Paintball 2 and play by your self?

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 09:26:09 AM »
Is it possible to play this single player? Kind of like how you can start your own LAN server in Paintball 2 and play by your self?

Once you've gotten all the necessary files and placed them in the right place, either by doing what jitspoe said or by connecting to the icey's jump mod server (if you connect, you'd have to manually move the maps to paintball2/jump/maps), then you can play the mod offline. First, you have to run the mod (type: game jump), then you choose whatever map you want to play (type: map ariejump47) and play.

Normal paintball2 jump maps do not work as they should on the q2jump mod, but most of them have been fixed to some degree on icey's jumpmod server. To get them, you'd have to play all of them on the server.

Here are some commands you should know though.
!help                this command will show you some commands that you can use
maplist #          you can see what maps the server has, the # signifies a number
score               you can see your times with this
cl_hudstyle 0    will make the game use the correct hud
team easy        makes you play on the practice mode
- store             saves your location
- hook/unhook  hook to shoot, unhook to release. Good for changing your location
team hard        use this mode once you want to get a time
kill                   will make you restart from the start or the storepoint
inven               opens the menu, use the [ and ] keys to choose stuff

Edit: Spelling mistakes etc.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:10:06 AM by joonas »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »
In addition to joonas' helpful post, if you downloaded the files from ic3y's q2jump server, you still need to get those from the website or you won't have the gamex86.dll you require.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:44:07 PM by webhead »

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:22 AM »
Oh yeah, that file. The 1.0 version is old though, so use this one instead (goes into the paintball2/jump folder).

What's new:
-Timer starts once you press something, not the moment you spawn
-The timer uses 3 decimals instead of 2 now
-I don't know
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:15:16 AM by joonas »

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »
By the way, if you want to see the top times and scores of all the maps played on ic3y's server, click this. http://www.ic3y.de/jumpscores/_index1.html

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 01:40:38 PM »
This is a mega old post but the next server ip is 85.17.208.106:27950, not whats listed right now

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2011, 07:38:47 AM »
Noob question, but why doesn't a dj script work on that server? is there a separate config file?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2011, 08:07:38 AM »
Noob question, but why doesn't a dj script work on that server? is there a separate config file?

Yes there is, at least for me. It should be under C:\games\Paintball2\jump\configs if you installed PB to the normal place and have played the q2 jump server before.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 01:46:57 AM »
the quake 2 demo doesnt work for me it has more or quit in more then 2 websites uninstall and quit when ever i go to quit it exits it and its not on my computer.i go to websites but theres basically nothing to do on them that relates to it. plz help me.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2011, 02:16:02 AM »
the quake 2 demo doesnt work for me it has more or quit in more then 2 websites uninstall and quit when ever i go to quit it exits it and its not on my computer.i go to websites but theres basically nothing to do on them that relates to it. plz help me.

I didn't really follow through with that you just said, but you don't need to get the quake 2 demo to play the jumpmod. Ic3y has a q2jump mod server that can be played right through paintball2, no downloading is necessary.

Edit: I looked at the cnet site jitspoe had on the first post. One review there said that the file doesn't work and that you should get the demo through steam instead.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2011, 02:43:18 AM »
Separate config. Use http://files.ic3x.de/programs/pb2q2jump_ic3y/PB2Q2Jump_07.exe
Uncheck move all jumpmaps (there is a bug)

Ingame on q2jump -> bind space +dj

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »
joonas ty for that but it didnt really help,i want to play the other server the 94.136.46.3:27950 but  it wont let me it keeps coming when trying to run it through paintball.exe up with contains illegal bytes.what do i need to do to fix that.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 12:41:40 AM »
joonas ty for that but it didnt really help,i want to play the other server the 94.136.46.3:27950 but  it wont let me it keeps coming when trying to run it through paintball.exe up with contains illegal bytes.what do i need to do to fix that.

Playing on that server is going to require some annoying procedures that you need to do. You can't play on it through pb2 because the server doesn't allow you to have modified files. It's like that to ensure people can't cheat.

Do this:
1. Download and install Q2.
2. Download and install the mod called R1Q2.
3. Edit the config file with your personal settings. Q2 doesn't store them if you change them while ingame.
4. Make sure that your antivirus program doesn't remove the anticheat.dll file.
5. Move all the maps and textures into their correct places because downloading in Q2 is very slow.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2012, 05:08:42 PM »
Playing on that server is going to require some annoying procedures that you need to do. You can't play on it through pb2 because the server doesn't allow you to have modified files. It's like that to ensure people can't cheat.

Do this:
1. Download and install Q2.
2. Download and install the mod called R1Q2.
3. Edit the config file with your personal settings. Q2 doesn't store them if you change them while ingame.
4. Make sure that your antivirus program doesn't remove the anticheat.dll file.
5. Move all the maps and textures into their correct places because downloading in Q2 is very slow.
can u give me the link to the right q2 i have to download

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »
I got an idea for pb2. How about a mod that u put in pb2\jump or whatever and it let's u do the wireplay other servers XD I don't thinks it's possible though  hah

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »
I got an idea for pb2. How about a mod that u put in pb2\jump or whatever and it let's u do the wireplay other servers XD I don't thinks it's possible though  hah

Well you would have to have the anticheat.dll that you need for the wireplay server, as well as a modified client like r1q2 that will run the anticheat.dll. I think he has better things to do with his time than managing all that business.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »
Well you would have to have the anticheat.dll that you need for the wireplay server, as well as a modified client like r1q2 that will run the anticheat.dll. I think he has better things to do with his time than managing all that business.
:( would be helpfull though

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »
pls post another link i cant access the site says ive been blocked

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 12:32:06 AM »
pls post another link i cant access the site says ive been blocked
For what?

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 01:47:01 PM »
a link to dl the jump mod i cant access that site from anywhere.