Digital Paint Discussion Board
Development => Mapping => Topic started by: oNd on February 17, 2008, 04:10:23 AM
-
I made map and i went export map and it writes me "Can't find map .... " .. Where is problem??
Once it functions.
Sry my english is very bad.
-
Copy and paste the full error message from the compiler.
German: Kopieren und fügen Sie den vollständigen Fehlermeldung vom Compiler. (Sorry, wenn mein Deutsch ist schlecht, ich kann nicht sprechen, ich nur einen Übersetzer)
-
If there is a space in the name of the .map file such as "my thing.map" it will not work. Make sure there is no space.
If you dont know what i said someone will hopefully translate it for you.
-
If there is a space in the name of the .map file such as "my thing.map" it will not work. Make sure there is no space.
Didn't even know of that error. I always out of habit use the underscore (' _ ') for spaces.
-
Yeh, my brother had that problem 2day exporting his map. Told him to get rid if the space in it and it worked. When it exports it looks for the .map file without the spaces so in a "my thing.map" case it would look for "my.map" and ignore the space and everything after it.
The message:
************ ERROR ************
Error opening C:\BSP\pball2\quake2\pball\mapfiles\my.map: No such file or directory.
Then it cant find it. So needs so space to work.
-
I click on export -> qbsp.bat and..
Can't find map maps/inprogress/mymap.bsp
PS: I dont understand German, i am from czech republic ;)
-
[...]
PS: I dont understand German, i am from czech republic ;)
My bad on the German part.
Is the full name of your map, mymap? If it isn't, do what Cameron said.
-
I now test export shock.map and can't find map maps/inprogress/shock.bsp
-
Where are paintball and BSP installed?
-
bsp: C:/bsp
pb2: C:/games/paintball2
-
Please paste the compiler log. (what comes up in the black box)
-
So, can't find map is away but here is this:
(http://www.assassins-clan.wbs.cz/sshot020.jpg)
and here it is:
(http://www.assassins-clan.wbs.cz/bsp.jpg)
-
bad quaility..w8
-
Everything looks fine, I don't know what's causing the problem.
-
(http://www.assassins-clan.wbs.cz/bsp2.jpg)
-
Try exporting it twice, it doesn't always work first time.
-
I try 10 times :(
-
and i now try export sigecastle.map and cant find map
(http://www.assassins-clan.wbs.cz/bsp3.JPG)
(http://www.assassins-clan.wbs.cz/sshot105.jpg)
-
Open up the game and type (in the console) "map inprogress/default" and see if it gives us the same error. But it looks like something completely unrelated to your map. Can you load any other map? (go into "Start New Game" and try to load a map)
-
Yay, someone actually has the problem i have out of the middle of no-where. What happens is that when you export it, everything is fine. When you press any key and it boots paintball it says it cant find inprogress/mapfile or what ever. I have to goto C:/bsp/pball2/quake2/pball/mapfiles and get the bsp file from there and paste it into the map folder in paintball. BTW my paintball is in the same location as his.
-
So, can't find map is away but here is this:
(http://www.assassins-clan.wbs.cz/sshot020.jpg)
and here it is:
(http://www.assassins-clan.wbs.cz/bsp.jpg)
Looks like it might have worked there, but the game failed to load for a different reason. On some of the others, the map didn't exist (ie: siegecastle). Make sure you're saving the map into the correct location. It should be in c:\bsp\pball2\quake2\pball\mapfiles. If you save it somewhere else then try to compile it, it won't work.
-
In my case that doesnt work. I'm pretty darn confident that the bsp and paintball are in there default locations and i've checked all of the files and they link it to the right place. I think im just gonna do a reinstall of bsp and see what works.
His error messages are kinda the same as mine except that i dont have the joystick thing.
-
I had that Problem too but all that needs to be done is to put a folder named inprogress into the C:/games/paintball2/pball/maps
-
yeah, same with me. I just put up with it. It's no big deal - I just mucked up the folders when I downloaded it and can't be bothered to re-download it
-
But its a waste of time. I DONT LIIKE WASTING TIME. Re-installing it doesnt work.
-
Still having the (socket) problem? Trying uninstalling either b21 or Vista; that fixed it for me [for now].
-
Install/move pball2 and bsp to folders in your documents folder, and change the files in the bsp tutorial. Sometimes windows doesn't like the program not being in the documents or programs files folder.