Digital Paint Discussion Board

Digital Paint Community => Other Stuff => Topic started by: jitspoe on November 04, 2008, 11:43:26 AM

Title: Who did you vote for?
Post by: jitspoe on November 04, 2008, 11:43:26 AM
If you're undecided, this might help: http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Olbaid on November 04, 2008, 12:16:04 PM
McCain.
Title: _
Post by: P!nk on November 04, 2008, 12:23:57 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: y00tz on November 04, 2008, 12:42:38 PM
4-0 McCain so far? Talk about an unrepresentative crowd...
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 04, 2008, 12:51:37 PM
(http://www.dhgroup.com/en/seg/images/groups-side-photo.jpg)
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Zorchenhimer on November 04, 2008, 12:59:37 PM
I never got around to registering to vote.  Mostly because I can't decide who to vote for.  I have a feeling Obama is gonna come out on top though.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 04, 2008, 01:01:35 PM
On a side note:

We were reviewing next year's health insurance benefits today at work.  I told our HR manager that "this will all be irrelevent if Obama wins" ....
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fitz on November 04, 2008, 02:52:55 PM
Should change this to, "Who did you vote for and why did you vote for him?"

It seems a lot of people vote but have no knowledge of the candidate they're voting for. Should be interesting to see why people voted the way they did.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: jitspoe on November 04, 2008, 03:47:16 PM
Added an "Other" option for anybody who may have voted Libertarian or did a write-in.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: nightryder on November 04, 2008, 03:54:41 PM
does either candidate promise to pay back their debt?
canada does have alot of american money in its banks, and if it becomes worthless, were out of alot of money.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 04, 2008, 06:18:44 PM
Chose McCain because there are a mountain of reasons NOT to choose Obama Bin Ladin
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 04, 2008, 07:20:18 PM
Ahe, given the number of people who aren't old enough, this should have been who would you vote for. ;)

EDIT: And to offset Picasso: Obama, because there are a mountain of reasons NOT to choose a corrupt, incompetent secessionist.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: nightryder on November 04, 2008, 08:52:36 PM
Chose McCain because there are a mountain of reasons NOT to choose Obama Bin Ladin

why do you have to call him that?
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Dukky on November 05, 2008, 02:15:41 AM
Obama won.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: coLa on November 05, 2008, 04:12:47 AM
thanks for the update
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: S8NSSON on November 05, 2008, 07:38:26 AM
A mute point now, but...
As far as policy goes I don't think either one could do any worse than has been done in the last four years.

The fear I have with Obama is the repercussions of what is inevitable.
I think it is inevitable that he will be taken out. They've (white supremacists, etc...) have already tried.
When that happens there will be a race riot like no other, that may even escalate into an all out race war and possibly revolution and the collapse of the USA as we know it. Hope everyone is prepare for that.

Living in Georgia I can tell you straight up that a lot of black people voted for Obama just because he's black, period. Without regard to his experience or policies what so ever. Brilliant!

Welp...higher taxes, socialized medicine, another terrorist attack, race war and/or all out revolution...here we come!!!
Hope you have your guns ready!

USA...Goodnight sweet prince.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: blaa on November 05, 2008, 08:21:58 AM
yeah s8n. Lets not vote someone because something bad might happen, lets choose the safe way, lets choose the army.

lol "zohan, play safe! stay in the army"


/// why were there thousands of supporters, who act like brainwashed, when either of the candidates held speech or whatever. Looked so meddling odd and funny, but at the same time sad.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Playah on November 05, 2008, 08:28:19 AM
...a lot of black people voted for Obama just because he's black, period. Without regard to his experience or policies what so ever. Brilliant!
Guess how many "white" people did vote for McCain because he's white...
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 05, 2008, 08:29:19 AM
Quote
Welp...higher taxes, socialized medicine, another terrorist attack, race war and/or all out revolution...here we come!!!
Don't forget free gas and housing.

Quote
Hope you have your guns ready!

The gun show is this weekend and I'm making a HUGE investment as the Messiah has made it quite clear he is against the 2nd amendment.  It will be interesting to  see how bad the price of firearms go up now.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: SWSoggyWaffles on November 05, 2008, 11:48:26 AM
<Hello again from the 2 year absence>

Didn't vote, too young, I would not have voted either way, both candidates sucked. But since Obama won, what I see coming can only be described as similar to the plot of Half-Life, minus Aliens and Portals.

Obama - can be compared to Breen - wants to create a second constitution and revise how the country operates and turn it into a socialist country, like Breen controlling the world from the Citadel. Obama wants to create some sort of child defense regime where he takes the youth of the country and uses them for our military defense, against what? Ourselves? - which is like the Combine, and humans being taken to work for their will - Those who defy this new form of government will eventually lose t and go all out against it - as the Rebels are trying to bring a downfall to the Combine control -

And so eventually this country will be torn apart against itself and were all gonna die painfully in some Half Life 2 size war.

Oh yea, and Canada will become White Forest.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Zorchenhimer on November 05, 2008, 01:25:15 PM
/me heads off to Home Depot to pick up a crowbar.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fullmetal_Steeb on November 05, 2008, 03:49:57 PM
The gun show is this weekend and I'm making a HUGE investment as the Messiah has made it quite clear he is against the 2nd amendment.  It will be interesting to  see how bad the price of firearms go up now.


I think I might be the only person who remembers Obama's speech where he says, quite clearly, that he ISN'T against the second amendment, and DOESN'T want to take away firearms or the right to use said firearms. Or maybe Republicans just aren't willing to admit that the evil liberals might not be as controlling as Bush makes them out to be.

Also, I've been waiting for a chance to get at this socialism thing. First off, how many people do you know that actually KNOW what socialism is, other than the usual comparisons to all-out communism? Being that almost no Republicans actually know the definition of socialism, I'm really surprised that they throw the word around so much.
Second, do you actually think that Obama wants to completely redistrubute all wealth in America equally, take billions of dollars from rich Americans and give it to poorer citizens, and outlaw all capitolism? No. At the very most, there will be a slight tax increase for people who are making over a quarter of a million dollars. People who are making that much aren't going to miss $1500 a year that much. We're talking about people who buy cars and homes for fun.
Thirdly, considering that at least probably a third of Republicans are poor and/or uneducated, if they actually knew what socialism WAS, you would think they would be jumping at the chance to have free money thrown to them. Once again, they have no clue what socialism is, they just know that it's associated with communism, which is "bad" (as for why, I can't explain that).

Obama is not socialist.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 05, 2008, 04:27:36 PM
From http://www.ontheissues.org/Gun_Control.htm

Quote
Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

You sure do assume a lot about Republicans, but that's ok. It's expected.

BTW - get your facts straight. It started at $250,000.00.  The last quote from the Obama camp was $150000.00 according to his VP. see here: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292008/news/politics/biden_blows_fuzzy_tax_math_135787.htm

Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fitz on November 05, 2008, 04:41:31 PM
From http://www.ontheissues.org/Gun_Control.htm

You sure do assume a lot about Republicans, but that's ok. It's expected.

BTW - get your facts straight. It started at $250,000.00.  The last quote from the Obama camp was $150000.00 according to his VP. see here: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292008/news/politics/biden_blows_fuzzy_tax_math_135787.htm



Did you actually spend time to read that list which you quoted? Where does it say he wants to ban all guns? As far as I'm concerned, there is no need for people to own semi-automatic (which can be converted to fully automatic quite easily) assault rifles. Furthermore, a handgun ban in major cities would most likely lead to less murders, crime, etc. As it is, you can currently buy something like 21 handguns in Philadelphia without question. Is that ethical? Does one individual need 21 different handguns?

As for the taxes, get YOUR facts from reliable sources (in other words, get YOUR facts straight)
http://www.barackobama.com/taxes/
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 05, 2008, 04:54:29 PM
If you ban handguns, only criminals will have them. That's a fact. Check the crime rate in DC.
Check the crime rate in which assault style weapons were used.  Other than a few high profile cases, most are very common rifles and handguns.
Converting a rifle to full auto is not as easy as you portray it. Can it be done? yes. Is it easy? No. That's from a gun smith.
By banning semi-automatic weapons, the only thing left are revolvers and bolt-action rifles.  Not much there compared to all semi-auto weapons.
As far as owning 21 handguns ethical, what's unethical about it? Some people collect coins, some collect pr0n, some collect guns. Non-issue.

As far as taxes, when Biden said that, he said that as a representative of Obama.

I think we can agree to disagree on these points. BUt everything that I have posted ( including the NYT article) are facts.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fitz on November 05, 2008, 05:09:16 PM
If you ban handguns, only criminals will have them. That's a fact. Check the crime rate in DC.
Check the crime rate in which assault style weapons were used.  Other than a few high profile cases, most are very common rifles and handguns.
Converting a rifle to full auto is not as easy as you portray it. Can it be done? yes. Is it easy? No. That's from a gun smith.
By banning semi-automatic weapons, the only thing left are revolvers and bolt-action rifles.  Not much there compared to all semi-auto weapons.
As far as owning 21 handguns ethical, what's unethical about it? Some people collect coins, some collect pr0n, some collect guns. Non-issue.

As far as taxes, when Biden said that, he said that as a representative of Obama.

I think we can agree to disagree on these points. BUt everything that I have posted ( including the NYT article) are facts.
It is true that we will disagree on certain points, but just let it be known that Obama does not want to (nor can he constitutionally) completely abolish the right to bear arms. You will always be able to own your .50cal sniper rifle to shoot down those terrorist airplanes that are about to fly into your house :)

As for the article, yes it's true, but the first thing it states is that it is a gaffe - a mistake made by Biden. Again, Obama's tax plan is online (http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/taxes/Factsheet_Tax_Plan_FINAL.pdf) and as of right now there is no evidence to suggest that it is different otherwise.

If you would like to make a case as to whether or not he will actually PRESENT that budget plan to congress next year, then you do have a valid point. In all likelihood he will present that budget, but things could be switched and changed to suit his sponsors' demands (Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, and Merriyl Lynch are his top sponsors... taxing them would only piss them off). Again, we're going on his word, but in all sincerity, most people will stop caring by next year...
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 05, 2008, 05:19:48 PM
It will be interesting to see what he actually puts out there on the plate.

Personally, the thing that really grates me about Obama was the whole "sharing the pie" bit.

But I have a lot of patience.

What I REALLY hope the Dems don't pass is the new legislation nationalizing 401k accounts. This would be my #1 worry above all.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 05, 2008, 05:48:52 PM
Obama - can be compared to Breen - wants to create a second constitution and revise how the country operates and turn it into a socialist country, like Breen controlling the world from the Citadel. Obama wants to create some sort of child defense regime where he takes the youth of the country and uses them for our military defense, against what? Ourselves? - which is like the Combine, and humans being taken to work for their will - Those who defy this new form of government will eventually lose t and go all out against it - as the Rebels are trying to bring a downfall to the Combine control -

You're scary. 'Second Constitution'? 'Socialist Country'? I'd love to see your definition of socialism, to be honest.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: S8NSSON on November 05, 2008, 06:14:27 PM
Fair Tax
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 05, 2008, 06:16:42 PM
And the harm in that is...?
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: lekky on November 05, 2008, 06:34:06 PM
Can't vote obviously as I'm English, but I would have voted for Obama. McCain was too close to Bush, and to be honest I think he's too old, and didn't give me any indication as to his suitability for presidancy. I mean yes, you served however long in a Viet prison, but so what.. He's too old, and the thought of Palin anywhere near the White House is just scary (She comes across as an idiot for want of better term).
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 05, 2008, 06:37:58 PM
why do you have to call him that?

I didn't "have" too, I chose too. A right (freedom of speech), that may very well diminish with our new president elect. I meant it more as a humor statement anyway.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 05, 2008, 06:39:45 PM
Ahe, given the number of people who aren't old enough, this should have been who would you vote for. ;)

EDIT: And to offset Picasso: Obama, because there are a mountain of reasons NOT to choose a corrupt, incompetent secessionist.

In what way was McCain "corrupt"?

Living in Georgia I can tell you straight up that a lot of black people voted for Obama just because he's black, period. Without regard to his experience or policies what so ever. Brilliant!

Same thing I've been hearing around here...
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 05, 2008, 06:50:28 PM
In what way was McCain "corrupt"?
Oh, I was talking about Palin.

I know of several black people that seem more excited about Obama's race over anything else. It's a shame, I agree. But you can't honestly say that the other side didn't have a significant population voting based off of misinformation, rather than a lack of information.

Lekky:
McCain has a looong history as a senator, and he's certainly very competent-- if his campaign had reflected that, I would be much happier with his prospective presidency.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 05, 2008, 07:20:25 PM
Oh, I was talking about Palin.

I'll ask the same question about her then.

I know of several black people that seem more excited about Obama's race over anything else. It's a shame, I agree. But you can't honestly say that the other side didn't have a significant population voting based off of misinformation, rather than a lack of information.

I'd say thank you to the MEDIA and the laziness of the average American voter to research what they see before making a choice to vote.  A mis-informed voter is as bad as those who don't vote at all.

Lekky:
McCain has a looong history as a senator, and he's certainly very competent-- if his campaign had reflected that, I would be much happier with his prospective presidency.

Gotta agree in respect to his campaign.  I felt it was quiet lacking as well.  Obama spent much more money on advertisement/television spots.  He did a very good job of reaching people through many sources.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fullmetal_Steeb on November 05, 2008, 08:07:40 PM
... A right (freedom of speech), that may very well diminish with our new president elect ...

You do know that Democrats support civil rights MUCH more than Republicans, right? The only constitutional right reds fight for is having their guns. Get your parties straight.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 05, 2008, 10:12:32 PM
I'll ask the same question about her then.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jOTk11gvqDAgD0cY3i4WjI_2YOxwD93PJCT00
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jwb6ekOiK0T9yFvw_WURcrdPI65QD93V4AJ82

Less than respectable, on both counts.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 06, 2008, 12:01:32 AM
You do know that Democrats support civil rights MUCH more than Republicans, right? The only constitutional right reds fight for is having their guns. Get your parties straight.

You've obviously been watching too many extremely lefty liberal TV channels.  I'm sure Biden was thinking about "freedom of speech" when instead of responding to a legitimate question from a lady from a local news station in Florida he made the statement "are you joking", never answered the question then the Obama liberals abolished any future interviews with that news channel. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1148272/orlando_tv_station_punished_for_joe.html

Then what say you to the fact that three reporters were kicked off of Obama's plane?  http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-ticket2-2008nov02,0,2691635.story.

Rather than civil responses they resort to these tactics?

I never referred to anyone's affiliation  or who does or does not support civil rights so get your response straight chump.

I am only referring to the fact that if the Obama camp doesn't like the question or a person's opinion, they resort to a coward's way out rather than a simple civil response.  Do you think "Joe the Plumber" was a Republican created conspiracy too?  Pfft!

I have no doubt that after Obama's first 4 year term is up that EVERYTHING that is screwed up in this country will still be blamed on George Bush...  Hopefully I'll be wrong but if you think things are bad now, let's see your response 4 years from now.  Oh, I forgot.... It will be the Republican's fault even though we have had a majority Democratic Congress 2 years prior to the election and now we have a complete Democratic US of A government with lil ole pres too.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 06, 2008, 12:37:41 AM
There's poor practices on both sides (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/palin-fears-med.html); both were running to win.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 06, 2008, 12:56:46 AM
There's poor practices on both sides (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/palin-fears-med.html); both were running to win.

OOOOooo  Eiiii you said it all before I had a chance to respond to your response to the Palin discrepancies.  I'll respond anyway...  Are you so naive that you can't understand or believe that there is some form of isolated trash that can be drudged up on the majority of ANYONE in a political position or that political officials don't find some way to include their own family in special events.  "Less than respectable" to include your family or want them there? 

If the things one does affects an isolated few, it's one thing but what I'm concerned about are the things one does that has or may affect an entire country.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 06, 2008, 01:00:42 AM
I've no problem with her bringing her family along, it's more the use of large amounts of state money to do it that I have a problem with.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fitz on November 06, 2008, 02:26:18 AM
I have no doubt that after Obama's first 4 year term is up that EVERYTHING that is screwed up in this country will still be blamed on George Bush...  Hopefully I'll be wrong but if you think things are bad now, let's see your response 4 years from now.  Oh, I forgot.... It will be the Republican's fault even though we have had a majority Democratic Congress 2 years prior to the election and now we have a complete Democratic US of A government with lil ole pres too.
A Democratic Congress... with a Republican president? Veto much?

And what do you suppose McCain would have done in this oh-so-dire-time of economic failure (which can be blamed on the republicans by the way, but that's another story)

OH! Wait! He's a Maverick, that's right! Back to Reaganism, because THAT worked so well. LoL.

Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: S8NSSON on November 06, 2008, 10:15:54 AM
All our problems today are because of democrats. Everyone knows that.
Bush was the perfect president. Clinton crushed this country and made it look like it was Bush's fault.

Democrats are the cancer killing /USA/

we need the FAIR TAX....NOW.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fullmetal_Steeb on November 06, 2008, 11:31:44 AM
You've obviously been watching too many extremely lefty liberal TV channels.  I'm sure Biden was thinking about "freedom of speech" when instead of responding to a legitimate question from a lady from a local news station in Florida he made the statement "are you joking", never answered the question then the Obama liberals abolished any future interviews with that news channel. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1148272/orlando_tv_station_punished_for_joe.html

Then what say you to the fact that three reporters were kicked off of Obama's plane?  http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-ticket2-2008nov02,0,2691635.story.

Rather than civil responses they resort to these tactics?

I never referred to anyone's affiliation  or who does or does not support civil rights so get your response straight chump.

I am only referring to the fact that if the Obama camp doesn't like the question or a person's opinion, they resort to a coward's way out rather than a simple civil response.  Do you think "Joe the Plumber" was a Republican created conspiracy too?  Pfft!

I have no doubt that after Obama's first 4 year term is up that EVERYTHING that is screwed up in this country will still be blamed on George Bush...  Hopefully I'll be wrong but if you think things are bad now, let's see your response 4 years from now.  Oh, I forgot.... It will be the Republican's fault even though we have had a majority Democratic Congress 2 years prior to the election and now we have a complete Democratic US of A government with lil ole pres too.

It seems you're getting civil rights mixed up with... something not even related.

I think that there's no first amendment right to be on campaign buses, planes, or any other private area with a candidate. If they didn't want to have the reporters there, that's their decision to make.

I also think you're getting freedom of press mixed up with freedom of speech, but hey, I'm not a constitutional law professor or anything. The fact is that it's the right of the press to ask the questions, and the right of the candidate to answer or not, depending on if the question is as idiotic as "Isn't that Marxist?". I honestly don't think that question even needed to be answered. Now the "cowards way out" would be to say McCain associates with terrorists.

As for Joe the Plumber, I don't think some unlicensed plumber from Ohio is really a political expert, and I think that way too much emphasis was put on that guy to begin with. That being said, I don't think the Republican party planted him out in his yard when Obama went by and manipulated them to meet each other, him to say some Republican stuff and then the media to turn him into some kind of national sensation. I think that he is a regular American guy who happens to have ideas that I, and apparently many other Americans, disagree with.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 06, 2008, 12:07:15 PM
I really hate him referenced as an unlicensed plumber, as most plumbers run under the license held by the business.  It's just a wee bit misleading.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fullmetal_Steeb on November 06, 2008, 03:44:14 PM
You're completely right on that. My bad.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 06, 2008, 04:30:19 PM
All our problems today are because of democrats. Everyone knows that.
Bush was the perfect president. Clinton crushed this country and made it look like it was Bush's fault.

Democrats are the cancer killing /USA/

we need the FAIR TAX....NOW.

Poe's law makes me sad and confused. :(
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: iEATnoobs on November 06, 2008, 04:45:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

GG Black People
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 06, 2008, 04:55:42 PM
I'm speechless......
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Garrett on November 06, 2008, 05:04:36 PM
There's poor practices on both sides (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/palin-fears-med.html); both were running to win.
So true.

I hate politics.  All the politicians do is stretch the facts and BS their way into office.  Obama promises change and I don't doubt that but he convinced a quarter of the country into thinking as soon as he gets into office and kicks out Bush, he will instantly get the troops out and pull us right out of the economic crisis.  This impossible and people don't realize that these 'changes' he is purposing won't take complete effect until he is up for reelection.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 06, 2008, 05:38:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU
GG Black People

Yikes. I'd say that it's easy to find misinformed voters on either side, if you look in the right places.
Title: _
Post by: Dirty_Taco on November 06, 2008, 06:49:57 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: iced on November 06, 2008, 08:23:40 PM
hey guys..just lettin everyone know that Hallmark Edited to hide a very disturbed person\

Have a nice long vacation iced. So far this has been a very civil discussion until you brought racism into it.  Comments like that WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Spook on November 06, 2008, 08:32:59 PM
That's cute, especially since you can't even spell his name.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: iced on November 06, 2008, 08:36:38 PM
i dont even want to kno how to spell his name

and ur cute :*) especially cuz u care about spelling on the computer...thiz is1nt 4 sch00l e$$4y
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: iEATnoobs on November 06, 2008, 09:37:04 PM
Biden for president!
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Garrett on November 07, 2008, 10:47:37 AM
Thanks Knack.  I am getting sick of these chain text messages with those 'jokes.'
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 07, 2008, 10:49:30 AM
I believe that so far the thread has been relatively polite for such a hot topic.  There was absolutely NO need for what he posted.

Thanks for keeping it clean guys.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Prime24 on November 07, 2008, 11:48:49 AM
I couldnt vote, i wasnt old enough...i dont care about politics to much but i guess its cool we got a black president now...history in the making, also if obama pulls out the troops...atmays can play dp again =]
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Spook on November 07, 2008, 04:09:13 PM
also if obama pulls out the troops...atmays can play dp again =]

Obama has kids, so obviously he doesn't pull out... /joke.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 07, 2008, 08:08:58 PM
jitspoe, you know better than to start a political thread on this forum. I'm amazed this thread hasn't turned into a flamefest/been locked yet.

I've never voted and never will.

I don't believe "Too ignorant to vote at all" was one of the choices in jitspoe's vote thread and as far as I'm concerned if you were able to vote and chose not too, you don't deserve the right to respond at all.  Have a good evening :)
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: vLaD on November 07, 2008, 09:17:32 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA YES ON 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 07, 2008, 09:42:53 PM
It's fantastic that black people have come to the point that they too can actively oppress minorities which they don't think should have any rights.
(Blacks voted 70-30 for. Irony much?)

PS: I have no clue what the white vote was, it probably wasn't much better. I'm just sayin'.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Zorchenhimer on November 07, 2008, 11:11:23 PM
(http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/election.png)

hehe.
Title: _
Post by: Dirty_Taco on November 08, 2008, 12:48:29 AM
Post removed
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 08, 2008, 02:13:21 AM
Perhaps you're too ignorant to realize people can have good reasons not to vote?

Being a felon? :D
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: eradicator on November 08, 2008, 09:54:09 AM
Think about it like this, if McCain got elected and took office, chances are he'd kick the bucket in about a year and a half. So What happens then? Sarah Palin takes office in place of dear old McCain.Then we are truly intercoursed. That's one major reason why my vote goes for Obama. Oh yeah, and Obama is Pro-Choice. WOOT
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Smokey on November 09, 2008, 02:54:45 PM
hey guys..just lettin everyone know that Hallmark Edited to hide a very disturbed person\

Have a nice long vacation iced. So far this has been a very civil discussion until you brought racism into it.  Comments like that WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
yet obama bin laden is acceptable.

and picasso, you make yourself sound so darn ignorant with that comment.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 09, 2008, 08:05:08 PM
yet obama bin laden is acceptable.

and picasso, you make yourself sound so darn ignorant with that comment.
You, like Pierce, are entitled to your opinions.  Peirce might be on to something with his initial post as a thread like this can't help but turn into a flame fest with guys like the 2 of you inviting it by popping into the thread and offering nothing of substance to it.  I have my reasons for disliking Obama but it would do me no good to debate those reasons in this forum as guys like you would only enjoy the typical flaming you always have demonstrated in the past.

I remind you guys that the question of this thread is "WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?" Not "Did you vote?"

I won't respond to this post anymore... Have a good evening
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fullmetal_Steeb on November 09, 2008, 08:07:32 PM
I remind you guys that the question of this thread is "WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?" Not "Did you vote?"

And he answered that he didn't vote for anyone, so he did answer the question. I don't see what you're getting at. Not that it matters now that you aren't responding...
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: IronFist on November 09, 2008, 09:12:44 PM
(http://packethammer.com/randfiles/ragetrain.jpg)
Title: _
Post by: Dirty_Taco on November 09, 2008, 09:59:43 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: S8NSSON on November 10, 2008, 10:22:53 AM
Think about it like this, if McCain got elected and took office, chances are he'd kick the bucket in about a year and a half. So What happens then? Sarah Palin takes office in place of dear old McCain.Then we are truly intercoursed. That's one major reason why my vote goes for Obama. Oh yeah, and Obama is Pro-Choice. WOOT

And you think Biden is going to fair any better when Obama is assassinated?
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Garrett on November 10, 2008, 10:39:16 AM
And you think Biden is going to fair any better when Obama is assassinated?
At least its not just my high school who is saying this.  Anyone else believe this?
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: KnacK on November 10, 2008, 01:39:16 PM
2 scenarious:
1. Obama gets whacked.
2. The US gets hit with anotehr terrorist attack.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Eiii on November 10, 2008, 03:01:45 PM
And you think Biden is going to fair any better when Obama is assassinated?
Er, he clearly will. He's got experience comparable to McCain in US politics.

2 scenarious:
1. Obama gets whacked.
More likely than lots of people would like to admit. I think he's going to be very careful, though.
Oh, fun fact-- If Obama is killed, even the secret service admits that the atmosphere the McCain/Palin campaign created would probably be responsible.
2. The US gets hit with anotehr terrorist attack.
I honestly don't see why you think this would happen. We've clearly been keeping them at bay by doing their job for them here at home.
Title: Re: Who did you vote for?
Post by: Fullmetal_Steeb on November 10, 2008, 03:40:24 PM
Right, being more diplomatic with other countries is just inviting them to kill thousands of our civilians. Threats of violence did much better...