Digital Paint Discussion Board

Digital Paint Community => Other Stuff => Topic started by: MaDMaN on April 01, 2007, 07:39:39 AM

Title: Would you serve your country?
Post by: MaDMaN on April 01, 2007, 07:39:39 AM
Just wondering How many people would actually join or have been in the armed forces. I'm going to the army on June 19th
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: SmPeR on April 01, 2007, 12:44:03 PM
i would because ive wanted to join the marines since i was 8 :D
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: TinMan on April 01, 2007, 01:13:24 PM
I'm unable to be in the Armed forces of the USA because of disabilities, but that's a good thing if there's a draft. :P
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: pinobot on April 01, 2007, 02:36:36 PM
I'm not going to do someone else's dirty work.
Title: _
Post by: Dirty_Taco on April 01, 2007, 02:39:26 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: TinMan on April 01, 2007, 03:08:27 PM
I might aid the opposition. lol
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: SkateR on April 01, 2007, 03:32:45 PM
No.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: lekky on April 01, 2007, 06:37:41 PM
erm... No.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: nightryder on April 01, 2007, 06:53:22 PM
whats wrong with you tinman..whats your disability...flat feet?
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Spook on April 01, 2007, 07:07:29 PM
he has heart problems, therefore his pacemaker needs to stay in operation. he came name some of the other mental ones :P
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: JOE on April 01, 2007, 08:49:52 PM
I'll support our troops but im afraid without respawn
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: TinMan on April 01, 2007, 08:52:31 PM
I'm also colour blind.  XD
Title: _
Post by: P!nk on April 01, 2007, 11:03:41 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: TinMan on April 02, 2007, 12:29:30 AM
Yeah they are, they set up tables in our school's cafeteria and give you lanyards if you can do 40 push-ups or 10 chin-ups and such, I just flirt with them and get the lanyard anyways.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Playah on April 02, 2007, 04:14:39 AM
you get laid..
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: TinMan on April 02, 2007, 06:54:21 AM
You get laid anyways, dude, go to Hawaii. lawl
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: pinobot on April 02, 2007, 08:49:55 AM
you get laid..
Drinking until you drop and then sleep with a lot of guy's in one tent you're sure to get laid.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: S8NSSON on April 02, 2007, 11:56:11 AM
I've never served in the military, but always wanted to.
I think the military offers great opportunities for education and travel you just can't get anywhere else. Not to mention the experiences and life long friendships you'd make during your enlistment.

As for the "Would you serve...?"
100% yes.
I think it should be mandatory fro every able citizen to serve their country or get out.
The United States of America is the, hands down, greatest country in the world, and the greatest place to live. I would step out on the battlefield to defend that any time.
Some may think the USA are bullies meddling in affairs they don't belong in, or getting involved in situations for personal interest/gain, etc... Well you are probably 100% right. But you know something, that's the way it has always been since the beginning of man. Nations have conquered nations for personal gain. Wars have been fought for territory, conflict of interests, religion, strategic position, you name it. The USA is in a position of being the big dog on the block. This leaves us in the position of having other, smaller/weaker, countries looking to us for assistance and protection, and depending on us to not allow them to be conquered by regimes and countries they fear.

Why don't we shut our borders and let the rest of the world work out its own problems? We can do that! We are one of a very few countries that can feasibly seal our borders and still survive having the internal resources to do so. What then? Think about it. We become an isolation state, oh kind of like what happened prior to D-Day, and a regime/dictator/country systematically takes over country after country gaining resources upon resources till they believe they have sufficient power and might to look towards conquering us. Isolationism is not a wise move when people hate your existence to begin with.

But why are we hated, we are such nice people? We are hated because we are free. The design of our nation is not based around any one religion. The design of our nation is of the people, by the people, and for the people. This is designed to make us free according to the majority. Nations built off of religion, dictatorship, communism, and any other non-free method of rule absolutely disagree with our way of life, and in turn, hate our existence. For this reason these nations have tried, and will continue to try, to stamp out our beautiful free way of life.

We are not perfect. We are not a perfect nation by any means. We have flaws, we have corruption, we have crime, but we are free. We are free to make our own living. And MORE SO, to decide our own living, and what to do with that which we earn. You wish to buy crack and sexually promiscuous persons with your earnings, go right ahead. It's your freedom of choice. In case you missed the note circulating around, they don't have those kinds of choices in ever country on earth, ya know! And to those countries that do have these kinds of choices, but once did not, yes, you can probably thank the USA for helping them to get there.

Remember world history my friends. There has always been war, there will always be war. War will never cease to exist. Those that really believe we can live globally without conflict are seriously dreaming. Research the history of mankind. As we are each individuals, that individualism will always bring about disagreement. And when these disagreements happen on a large scale we end up with world conflict, and sometimes this leads to wars. It happens, and is going to continue to happen. Sorry for the bad news.

To those US citizens that are not proud to be so. To those US citizens that would not lay down your life to fight for the freedoms we have, and preserve this freedom for future generations. To those US citizens that sit back in your lounge chairs, getting whatever education you desire, drinking your beer, making or not making the money you chose to make or not make, spending that money on whatever it is you so choose to spend it on. To those US citizens that feel embarrassed to be US citizen.

I have something to say to you...

Just Leave the country, get out of my face, you make me absolutely sick to my stomach.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: kNoC on April 02, 2007, 12:41:30 PM
i would serve yes...

do i wanna go out and join after this post no...
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: PiCaSSo on April 02, 2007, 12:45:58 PM
I'm permanently partially disabled, too old, and the "service" wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole but if I could, I would have joined the Air Force.  If they'd take me I would defend my country in a New York second and if any crap ever makes it across our borders I'll defend my country the best way I can anyway.

Well, thought out post Keith and I agree with every bit of what you've said...  To those who enjoy the freedoms that the other people who ARE defending our country provide, then refuse to defend your own country or trash talk it, you clearly need to go live in another country.  You simply don't deserve to be here.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: XtremeBain on April 02, 2007, 03:56:56 PM
Well said, S8N.

I'm not too excited about serving my country to clean up the streets after the USA "re-allocated" their Afganistan-based forces... but with respect to Canada fighting for its freedoms, I'd strap on my skis (http://www.armyimages.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=clsimages&template=detail_e.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=6372&site=clsimages) and serve in a heart-beat.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Eiii on April 02, 2007, 08:13:25 PM
I was kind of with you there S8N, until you said communism was an unfree form of government. That's kind of just any American patriot's anti-communism thing. I don't really know why it still exists, that kind of should have ended when the Cold War died down.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: TinMan on April 02, 2007, 11:25:47 PM
Communism is a great idea...it's just never works out like it's supposed to.  :P
You can say that about all governments though.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Eiii on April 02, 2007, 11:36:58 PM
...which is why my opinion on his opinion turned sour when he said that.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: S8NSSON on April 02, 2007, 11:38:44 PM
yeah whatever...I notice you are always the skeptic no matter what on these forums.

Read to the point and stop knit picking for christs sake darn
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Eiii on April 03, 2007, 01:22:39 AM
The point I see in this case is something along the lines of "aaaaaaaaaaaaaah pseudo-blind patriotism", due to two main points you make.

First, the insulting other governments thing. Dictatorship: meh, theocracy: depends on the religion, communism: not at all. Already covered that.

Second is the 'we are completely free' bit. Mainly this part:
We are free to make our own living. And MORE SO, to decide our own living, and what to do with that which we earn. You wish to buy crack and sexually promiscuous persons with your earnings, go right ahead. It's your freedom of choice.
Uh, you do know there are laws against prostitution and drug use, right? Those kind of limit our freedom. Blah blah blah, social contract, give up some rights in exchange for protection and such, blah blah blah. We are not entirely free. That's more of an anarchy, which has yet to work as a government, or even be attempted as far as I know.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: MaDMaN on April 03, 2007, 02:11:01 AM
I really appriciate everyones honestly. Im going to the Marines for 12 years active and 8 inactive So i figured i would see what everyone thought about it. Surprised that there  has not been alot of flaming
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Spook on April 03, 2007, 02:16:10 AM
oh of course we all urge you to go die or get wounded fighting a pointless war. best of luck to you though, i just hope you don't see some of the things my uncle saw, like little kids running up to cars to kill themselves and one or 2 soldiers. You should never get hit by enemy fire from what i hear too, my uncle said the iraqis actually hold their guns like the terrorists in CS, and fire into the air "as if they were firing magical boomsticks" gotta love my uncle but he is going through post tramatic stress syndrome and it's kinda sad how he withdraws from everyone at times
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Nitroboy on April 03, 2007, 11:47:52 AM
I really dont know if I would join the army. I don't like the idea of killing a man for just a bunch of bs that has happened. Alot of what terists do is worng, but I dont belive killing someone will do any good. Maybe when I get older I will have different views on this, but for now, I wouldn't
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Nitroboy on April 03, 2007, 09:37:59 PM
Now that I think of it, if we kill people that kill people (terrorists), then why do we say that killing is wrong? We are just killing more people, thats why I think that war is wrong. On the other hand, the airforce looks pretty fun, lol.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Eiii on April 03, 2007, 10:49:15 PM
Now that I think of it, if we kill people that kill people (terrorists), then why do we say that killing is wrong? We are just killing more people, thats why I think that war is wrong.

THIS MAN IS A GENIUS. HE IS THE GREATEST THINKER OF THE CENTURY.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Spook on April 04, 2007, 12:03:57 AM
war is never a necessity in my opinion, if we get nuked by a muslim (or any other extremist group for that matter) what gives us the RIGHT now declare war on their country??! Did that country raise those extremists to hate us, no, they were taught by other extremists which is a small percentage of the population of the country. Did iraq send terrorists to hijack planes and destroy our world trade centers? no. they were doing it in the name of their extremist views, trying to "purify the world"

now sadam hussein did need to be taken out of power, but we didnt need to bombard baghdad to achieve that, we could have simply used a lone sniper who was never seen or heard to finish the job silently under the radar of the rest of the world. but by invading iraq, look how many young kids we are "killing" because their extremist friends/mentors are telling them to kill the americans. We are taking the lives of so many people each day by driving around their city, holding road blocks and traffic gates. because this war was started hundreds, possibly thousands young adults and children have lost their lives trying to drive us out.

Oh and lastly, look how far this country is in debt. So much that it won't be paid back in our lifetimes, our childrens lifetimes or even their childrens. the total debt is in the trillians, and most of that came from the war, of course there are other economic problems causing it too, like importing more then exporting.

that is my 2cents in this whole thing, sorry for the long read ;P
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: BLONDIE on April 04, 2007, 09:02:00 AM
The sad thing is if the bill gets passed to pull all the soldiers out of Iraq by August 2008...they are just going to send them all to Iran.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: BLONDIE on April 04, 2007, 09:12:59 AM
spook watches too much 24
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: S8NSSON on April 04, 2007, 10:26:02 AM
To me arguing politics is pointless. I think my way, you think yours. You are not going to change my correct way of thinking, and I should think I won't change your incorrect way of thinking.

Quote
Quote from: Nitroboy on Yesterday at 08:37:59 PM
Now that I think of it, if we kill people that kill people (terrorists), then why do we say that killing is wrong? We are just killing more people, thats why I think that war is wrong.

THIS MAN IS A GENIUS. HE IS THE GREATEST THINKER OF THE CENTURY.
Like most liberals, you just don't get it, or you get it, but think some democratic solution will solve it.

Ever watch Terminator, the first one?
Quote
Reese: "Listen and understand! That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop-EVER, until you are dead."
THAT'S exactly these terrorists. So what do we do? Close our borders? We can do that (addressed that in previous post). Or do we hunt the terrorists, and whoever harbors them, down and eliminate them. I say we hunt them down. Sorry, just the way I feel about it. I don't like the idea of sealing our country off from the rest of the world when my family came to this free open boarder country legally and reaped the rewards of opportunity found here. I think this countries borders should remain open at all costs so others may legally come and go and enjoy the benefits and opportunities our country offers..


Quote
war is never a necessity in my opinion, if we get nuked by a muslim (or any other extremist group for that matter) what gives us the RIGHT now declare war on their country??! Did that country raise those extremists to hate us, no, they were taught by other extremists which is a small percentage of the population of the country. Did iraq send terrorists to hijack planes and destroy our world trade centers? no. they were doing it in the name of their extremist views, trying to "purify the world"
I feel differently about war. Although I don't necessarily feel war in a necessity, I feel, as selfish human being, of which we all are in some respect, be it religious or otherwise, war is inevitable. As we are different, we will clash. Nations will clash, religions will clash, there will always be conflict. Utopia cannot not exist because we are what we are, inherently selfish, all of us.

Quote
now sadam hussein did need to be taken out of power, but we didnt need to bombard baghdad to achieve that, we could have simply used a lone sniper who was never seen or heard to finish the job silently under the radar of the rest of the world.
You could not just remove Saddam. The entire regime, government, and infrastructure had to be removed. If you don't understand why you should research it.

Quote
but by invading iraq, look how many young kids we are "killing" because their extremist friends/mentors are telling them to kill the americans. We are taking the lives of so many people each day by driving around their city, holding road blocks and traffic gates. because this war was started hundreds, possibly thousands young adults and children have lost their lives trying to drive us out.
The USA, and it's allies, always fight with strict rules as compared to the enemies they face. We have spent great money and research developing weapons that can pinpoint a weapons factory while leaving a hospital right next door untouched. And, btw, we didn't "bombard" anything. We use precision strike weapons. There's a huge difference. Civilian casualties have been extremely low as compared to other wars, and certainly as compared to the around the clock carpet bombings that have been done by both enemy and ally in previous conflicts. Do we make mistakes with our precision weapons, sure we do, we are human and therefore imperfect. But we do a lot better than in the past.

Humans are selfish and greedy animals. Each believes what he/she believe is the way to believe. Each will, and often do, fight for their own agenda. Humans have always waged war, and will always wage war. This is a fact of humanity. Some will not agree with the circumstances under which these wars are waged. In the US we have the freedom of speech and the power of vote to help the majority put the people in the positions to make the decisions that the majority agree with.

Stop crying and go vote. Otherwise, be quiet!
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: jitspoe on April 04, 2007, 03:39:41 PM
Quote
You are not going to change my correct way of thinking, and I should think I won't change your incorrect way of thinking.

Haha, that's right up there with, "You're entitled to your wrong opinion."

There's a lot of truth to that, though.  It seems when it comes to politics and religion, everybody thinks they're right, and those who disagree are wrong, no matter how much evidence or logic is used to prove otherwise.  I don't think I've ever seen a debate change somebody's way of thinking on those subjects, so I tend to not even bother anymore.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Spook on April 04, 2007, 04:35:21 PM
Quote
hahahahahahahahhaahahhahahhahahahahahhaha... you have got to be one of the most spineless people i now know.

I have my reasons, the main one just seeing how traumatized my uncle was after serving only 6 months in iraq. Hearing about little kids getting blown to pieces really didn't help my thought of the war either
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: TinMan on April 04, 2007, 04:40:53 PM
War doesn't solve problems, it is the problem, and that's it as far as war goes.
Terrorist threat = war, already happening, been happening, more war just keeps making it a higher threat
Racism = war, ended by more war? nope, just smothered a bit
'nuff said.
Title: _
Post by: Dirty_Taco on April 04, 2007, 11:01:48 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Nitroboy on April 04, 2007, 11:19:30 PM
Stop crying and go vote. Otherwise, be quiet!

Yea, umm....I'm not old enough to vote. I need to wait 5 years or something.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Y2J on April 05, 2007, 01:22:52 AM
Quote
There's a lot of truth to that, though.  It seems when it comes to politics and religion, everybody thinks they're right, and those who disagree are wrong, no matter how much evidence or logic is used to prove otherwise.  I don't think I've ever seen a debate change somebody's way of thinking on those subjects, so I tend to not even bother anymore.

One of the first times I've agreed with jitspoe in awhile.

I feel weird.

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't post it. Way to take some initiative.

Now onto more Piccasso bashing.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Anarchy on April 05, 2007, 12:24:07 PM
never.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: GreenAffairz on April 05, 2007, 02:44:15 PM
I like Canada, so I think I would.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: DaRkNeSS on April 07, 2007, 11:34:58 PM
I'm not going to go into the forces after school, but if there is ever a draft I would definitely go.



I wonder what would have happened if all the patriots chose to be like all you brave DP players and not fight for your own country.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 08, 2007, 12:09:14 AM
I wonder what would have happened if all the patriots chose to be like all you brave DP players and not fight for your own country.

The question doesn't say "would you fight", it says "are you planning on it or have you already?
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: bitmate on April 08, 2007, 12:04:23 PM
In Germany you can choose if you want to serve in the Army, or do some public work, such as helping disabled persons.
I picked doing public work at my local German Red Cross department. Basically it's sitting in front of a computer 24/7 doing paperwork and stuff like that :P
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Matze on April 08, 2007, 02:13:50 PM
You should add, that in germany we have a conscription for about 9 months (basic military education).

Alternatively you can choose to do civilian service for the same amount of time.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: pinobot on April 08, 2007, 02:49:27 PM
I wonder what would have happened if all the patriots chose to be like all you brave DP players and not fight for your own country.
The'd be no more war.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Edgecrusher on April 16, 2007, 02:22:08 AM
In Germany you can choose if you want to serve in the Army, or do some public work, such as helping disabled persons.
I picked doing public work at my local German Red Cross department. Basically it's sitting in front of a computer 24/7 doing paperwork and stuff like that :P


Same thing in Croatia here. But with one diference. Last war on these teritories (how do they call that now... West Balcan) ended 12 years ago. At that time I was 10-11, and I´ll never forget the bombing runs above my city. And I live on a teritory where the fightings were not so bad as like in Vukovar, Osijek, Sisak, Dubrovnik... excrement, all I wanna tell you that there are no heroes in war, just casulties (mostly civilian), and gun ho army on both sides looking for a ˝glory˝ of their country. Don´t be stupid, most of the young people in the army today are brainwashed kids (18-19), with no future ahead of them, just weed smoking and kill-spreeing trough some other country because politicians needs to make profit for large companyies. Be smarter than that.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: S8NSSON on April 16, 2007, 09:21:07 AM
In a Land not so very far away, but in a much distant time...

"UHG UNGOWA"
"ME EEGOR"
"I AM STRONG AND BRAVE"
"ME LEAD YOU AND SAY WHAT ARE THE RULES"

"UHG BOOGAHOOGAH"
"ME KRAG"
"ME STRONG AND BRAVE TOO"
"ME MAKE NEW RULE"
"ALL THAT LIKE MY RULES COME WITH ME"

Eegor: "WE HAVE PROBLEM, KRAG TAKING WOOLLY MAMMOTH FROM GREAT PLANES, DRINKING WATER FOM OUR SPRINGS, LESS FOR US, WE MUST DO SOMETHING."

Eegor sends a representative to go out and speak with Krag on behalf of the Eegor Clan. This representative is promptly slaughtered and eaten before any talks ever happen. Eegor is mad. Eegor gathers his men, arms them with rocks sticks and bones, and attacks the Krag Clan. Blood is spilled and many die. In the end Eegor drives Krag and his people out of the land and all is well. Krag leaves, but is not happy. Krag vows to one day return for revenge, and to gain control over the prime mammoth hunting grounds and fresh water springs.

Consequently, as the Eegor Clan grows it must expand its hunting territory and will soon, once again, encounter the Krag Clan. War shall come again.

These experiences are lessons that will be passed down from generation to generation. The Eegor and Krag feud will continue on for a long time. Other clans may split off from either clan and also have conflict, or take allies with any clan. It will never end.

What you have just read is crazy and stupid sounding. But it is also probable that what you've read was similar to what may have happened in real life a long long time ago as the first wars of man were waged.

You have what I want or I have what you want. It's the basis to all wars. How can anyone believe there can be human life without conflict?

The human race grow exponentially. We must reside on land, and we must consume resources. Both of which are not infinite.

War will worsen with time. There will come a time when there is not enough of what we want and need to go around. In some instances that time may already be upon us, or fast approaching.

We are humans, we are destructive and selfish.
Be a realist, or hide your head in the sand and live in fantasy land.

Fact: All these neutral nations that don't war, or are passive and keep to themselves, when the power nations run out of what they want and need, and your nation has some, the power nations will come and take it. Sorry, I speak the truth.

Cruel world, eh?
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: BLONDIE on April 16, 2007, 12:20:17 PM
ROFL s8n is amazing haha
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Edgecrusher on April 17, 2007, 02:07:27 AM
War was alyways here with the future intention of staying. The real question is ˝Would you serve your country?˝ If you are still looking for an answer read a book about politics in 20th century (the best one known to me is ˝A century of war˝ by Engdahll. There you´ll see what are the things that drive each and every country to wage campaigns onto each other. Although the marker is on Anglo-American global ˝planing˝ the objective is always the same. Read some and only than you can decide does is it worth to spill yours, friends or enemy blood in order to feed some greedy bancars, politicians etc... pockets with blood money. Btw. they have never seen real conflict, only if you count their game of Risk and never will. Neither them, neither their sons.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: S8NSSON on April 17, 2007, 10:52:46 AM
I hear you EC.

So then, maybe we also need to ask, "What should be the consequence of refusing to serve your country?"

I've said before that I believe service to your country should be mandatory in the US. To what extent I don't know, but at least to some extent. I think every man and woman should give service for the right to live in the US. If they don't want to then they should leave the country.

And why is this such a big deal? Obviously the people making the choices that some people disagree with were voted into office by majority. If you disagree that means you disagree with the direction and choices of the country. This may also mean the US isn't the country for you. So hop on a plane, boat, car, or walk on out of the country and go find one you do agree with. Is that so difficult? Of course not.

If you are not willing to serve your country, for whatever reasons you may have, you should leave that country and go find a country you would serve.

Everything has a price. The luxuries, or lack of, that every country has, or has not, was paid for by generations of service to that country by it's people, be it in investments of brains, or brawn, and be it by volunteer choice or forced. Somebody paid for what your country is today. Somebody is going to pay for what your country is tomorrow.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into thinking any way is right or wrong. There's a lot wrong and right in any and every country on this earth. You rolled the divine dice that placed you in the country in which you currently reside. Deal with it, serve your country, or go find another one. Plain and simple.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Edgecrusher on April 17, 2007, 12:44:32 PM
I hear you EC.

So then, maybe we also need to ask, "What should be the consequence of refusing to serve your country?"

I've said before that I believe service to your country should be mandatory in the US. To what extent I don't know, but at least to some extent. I think every man and woman should give service for the right to live in the US. If they don't want to then they should leave the country.

And why is this such a big deal? Obviously the people making the choices that some people disagree with were voted into office by majority. If you disagree that means you disagree with the direction and choices of the country. This may also mean the US isn't the country for you. So hop on a plane, boat, car, or walk on out of the country and go find one you do agree with. Is that so difficult? Of course not.

If you are not willing to serve your country, for whatever reasons you may have, you should leave that country and go find a country you would serve.

Everything has a price. The luxuries, or lack of, that every country has, or has not, was paid for by generations of service to that country by it's people, be it in investments of brains, or brawn, and be it by volunteer choice or forced. Somebody paid for what your country is today. Somebody is going to pay for what your country is tomorrow.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into thinking any way is right or wrong. There's a lot wrong and right in any and every country on this earth. You rolled the divine dice that placed you in the country in which you currently reside. Deal with it, serve your country, or go find another one. Plain and simple.

You see here in Croatia service is mandatory. I´m serving right now, but in civilian sector, cause I don´t wanna be brainwashed by some stupid excretory opening whose only point in life is to be a better killer. I rather do it in PB :)

Point is: as of 1.1.2008. service is no longer mandatory in Croatia. Why? Even though the last war here ended only a decade ago, there´s no point for tax paying people to contribute in servicing a military machinery. NATO will take car of that (unfortunately).

And for the conclusion: One of the first right of human beeings is a freedom to choose. So why must I service right now military when I should be looking for a job? Mandatory no. If somebody want´s to serve, go ahead. I´ll kill pixels instead.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: digi on April 23, 2007, 12:40:33 PM
fk no.

not gonna risk my life for some stupid sh*t that i don't even believe in. LETz Go BomB AFGaNiStAN YaZZZz!!!!!

Morons.
Title: _
Post by: Dirty_Taco on April 23, 2007, 01:43:01 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Apocalypse on April 26, 2007, 05:29:08 PM
I would join the Air Force I've always wanted to be a pilot. Plus I would be willing to defend my countries freedom. (I might of already dundundundun!)
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Eiii on April 26, 2007, 06:31:46 PM
the possibility has not been ruled out: what if you are not willing to serve any country?

Sealand!
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Lunatic on April 26, 2007, 06:32:29 PM
nope.
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: soldier on April 30, 2007, 04:21:05 PM
Sort of thinking about it, but not to seriously, not really old enough to consider that seriously (woops!) lol.

But I have done writing for various purposes, and it has often been based on the military, etc. and I know all of the ranks and units (or almost all) by heart. Go ahead, someone test me (but it has to be military)
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Sharp on May 01, 2007, 01:50:29 PM
Wow i love this community, There no patronising aHoles here =]
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: soldier on May 02, 2007, 06:52:17 PM
Wow, S8anson, you reallyyyy put your time into those posts.... and I agree with sharp, lol
Title: Re: Would you serve your country?
Post by: Eiii on May 02, 2007, 07:50:10 PM
Wow, soldier you reallyyyy put your time into reading people's names...

I can't hit the [-] button fast enough. :(