Author Topic: New Map: Discovery  (Read 26745 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New Map: Discovery
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2007, 02:11:59 PM »
I don't think it's possible to see over the walls anymore.  I've put the newest beta up on the beta testing server for play testing.  It's probably good to go.  One minor thing -- with your cave paintings, the pixels in the transparent area are white, so when  you move away and the texture gets mipmapped, the white pixels blur in with the black giving a funky outline.  You might want to fix that.  You may also want to make the paintings slightly transparent so you can see a little bit of the rock texture behind them.  Maybe make a HR4 version as well, with more detail.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
I finished the map now.

Just edited some last small things at barrels, boxes and the cave texture. A HR4 version of this cave painting will come later, maybe someone can help me with that a bit.

Download discovery.bsp
Download discovery.rar

Serveradmins, please upload the map on your server. It is already uploaded on the OTB server.

Thanks to everyone helped me with the map / textures or gave suggestions. I am always realy happy if someone told me a nice idea for a map, because i am not so creative :D

I hope that all of you will enjoy playing this map.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2008, 04:59:11 PM »
I fixed some texture and brush mistakes and added dsm barrels, that this map is playable with 5 or fewer players.

@Serveradmins: Please replace the old file with this new one. There are not enough changes for making a new map called like discovery2. It is updated on the otb and arctic server.

ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/discovery.bsp

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2009, 07:17:14 PM »
I fixed some texture and brush mistakes and added dsm barrels, that this map is playable with 5 or fewer players.

@Serveradmins: Please replace the old file with this new one. There are not enough changes for making a new map called like discovery2. It is updated on the otb and arctic server.

ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/discovery.bsp

Cool.  Glad to see people updating their maps.  Sorry it took me so long to get around to it, but I've updated the version on the EV1 servers.  The DSM barrels are kind of confusing, though.  It might be better to completely block the paths off with a solid wall.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »
I worked on my maps again to fix and change some things.

- aligned one arrow texture
- changed dsm-barrels at the caves
- deleted dsm-barrels at the ice

I hope the gameplay in a 2on2 will be better with this dsm-barrels. The last version was almost a one-way map, where you were able to camp and line the doors ;)

Download map (discovery.bsp)

@ Serveradmins: Please replace the old mapversion with this new file. Thanks!