Author Topic: How to install other maps on a server  (Read 1534 times)

Deathmaker

• PGP
How to install other maps on a server
« on: June 09, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »
Hey guys started a PB server up on one of our chicago boxes last night seems to run smooth and the play is great.
Need some help on installing custome maps I download some maps from one of the links on your site.
Know how do I install them on the server and what about redirect we have one but I dont' think it will support these types of map..
Thanks for any help.

Chris.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:16:21 AM by webhead »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Help with custom map install
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:55:02 PM »
Just put them in the pball/maps directory.  You can then add them to rotation by putting them in your rotation list and restarting the server, or logging in and typing "rotation add <mapname>", and if you want to save the map list for the next server restart, "rotation save".

Deathmaker

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 04:04:59 PM »
Ok I added a secound server and added the custome maps but im getting txt files not found when the servers starts or when I add them to the rotation list it seems to add them anyway because the maps are there and in the rotation list but the erros bother me.
I looked for the txt files and can't find them.
Any ideals or help on this.

Thanks

Deathmaker

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 10:52:28 PM »
BUMP!! ;D

« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 11:22:39 PM by Deathmaker »

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 12:01:59 AM »
secound lol

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 02:15:41 AM »
those *.txt files that the server is looking for are optional files for each maps which descripe the supported gametypes and the minimum and maximum of players on the server to allow the map being picked in the rotation process. They are not required, not too many exist yet (because the mapcreators usually are too lazy for that :P) and you can create them at will if you want them... but that will require some knowledge of the maps first.