Author Topic: New Map: Darkened_Sanctum  (Read 2493 times)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
New Map: Darkened_Sanctum
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:24:25 AM »
Second map of the series, Darkened Sanctum.

This map is very small, most likely not for the pub-scene and more for matching scene (2v2).

I like the idea of it very simple yet, could come with some game-play maybe if i could test it.

Required files aren't working for me but that could be fixed easy.

Screen-Shots---

Lucky7

• PGP
Re: New Map: Darkened_Sanctum
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:15:17 AM »
I realy like the map, but i saw something that has to be eddited. Attached a demo. I hope it helps :D

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:15:36 AM »
thats scary :o

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »
Required files aren't working for me but that could be fixed easy.
You need to replace "requiredfiles" "pball/textures/viciouz/rainb.tga" with "requiredfiles" "scripts/cwc.txt", otherwise the game won't download the script. Oh and you should use the texture from viciouz instead of the texture pball/rainb :D

Btw. why did you use so many func_walls? I think you just wanted to have all this stuff detail.

I'll have a look at the map this weekend.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 12:33:39 PM »
SZ_GetSpace: overflow
WARNING: message overflowed for RoBiNHooD

Error: can't test my map.

Edit - Too many entities, will fix.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

2nd Edit - Beta 2. -- Fixed box stuff, made not as many things func wall, added ammo, and fixed on top of the casket room. Also added required files correctly (I think).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:12:24 PM by RoBiNandL!nk »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
Cool map.  I've attached a demo with some suggestions and put it up on the beta server.  I'm missing one of the sounds, and it looks like your rain texture is referencing the wrong image (pball/rainb instead of viciouz/rainb).  Also, the zip isn't structured properly, but I guess it's not that big of a deal for beta maps.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 05:44:14 AM »
Sorry for the late response. Nice map, great that it works now with the flames...

Next to the wrong waterfall texture and the func_walls jitspoe already mentioned, there's only one very bad thing I could figure out...you can't die when touching the flame :P

R_speeds at the are now up to ~5500 wpoly and ~15fps for me :'(
Maybe you should think about deleting the water low mid, if this doesn't adversely affect the gameplay (because of the reflection). Or make the water flowing, I guess flowing water doesn't reflect.

Misaligned.

Would be cool if you could fix this bad looking hole.

Misaligned.

This is something for jitspoe. I'm not sure if you'll also create new hr4 textures for the flame. But if you'll ever do this, please delete the texture issue you can see from certain angles sometimes. The problem is that you can't lower the brushes one unit, because the flame will be cut off then.

Online @ [OTB] Beta!

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:11:32 AM »
I was thinking of using the water of what jitspoe did with midnight2 (In the jail). I don't know if that would help but i think it could. Will fix all of the posted problems later today.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:02:59 AM »
I was thinking of using the water of what jitspoe did with midnight2 (In the jail). I don't know if that would help but i think it could. Will fix all of the posted problems later today.
Reflective water is built into the engine now, so I don't see the point in faking it.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 01:10:28 PM »
Would it be better for the R_speeds? since its so shallow i think it could actually look better too.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »
Depends if you have reflective water enabled or not.  If you do this, make sure you don't use a warp surface, otherwise you'll get the reflection and the mirrored geometry showing.

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 07:11:57 AM »
looks nice