Author Topic: [Feature Request] Custom skins.  (Read 6646 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: [Feature Request] Custom skins.
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 01:35:39 AM »
It may technically be possible to have custom skins.  This was supported back when it was a quake2 mod.  The server had to have the skin, and there had to be a skin for every color.  Skins used to just be a single pcx file.  I'm not sure how it would work with the new model format that supports multiple textures.

As for the friends list: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10262 - please discuss it in the appropriate thread.

KillZone_MAS

• PGP
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
I thought the reason why we don't allow custom skins is so that people will modify them to gain an unfair advantage. What people will do is change the skin for purple players to yellow, red players to blue, etc.

If we have a uniform that people aren't allowed to change that gets placed over the model, (like helmets are placed over the skin in Minecraft) that should work.

If you're playing DM, the uniform will be removed from the model, allowing you to see the whole skin because I don't really see a purpose for the PB uniform in DM other than to make the player look like a paintball player.

make that player wearing a vest, something like that :P

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »
do you mean the bright skins or just like random characters?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »
make that player wearing a vest, something like that :P

Exactly. When playing CTF, Pong, etc, a vest that's the color of the player's team will be placed over the player's model. When playing in DM, this vest will be removed.

do you mean the bright skins or just like random characters?

What do you mean by bright skins?

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 05:39:05 PM »
Exactly. When playing CTF, Pong, etc, a vest that's the color of the player's team will be placed over the player's model. When playing in DM, this vest will be removed.

What do you mean by bright skins?

in all of the quake games they have an option to make your enemy's full model one color. (usually bright green)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 11:25:37 PM »
in all of the quake games they have an option to make your enemy's full model one color. (usually bright green)

I mean random characters.

Let's say for example a player wants their model to have a Slenderman skin. When they're playing team games like CTF, a team colored vest (and maybe a helmet) will be placed over the model so that the player with the Slenderman skin can't hide in shadows but can use their vest (and maybe their helmet) as camouflage so they can crouch in front of barrels and not be seen to easily.

In DM, the vest (and helmet, provided that it's added) will be removed from the model so that the player can fully show off their cool Slenderman skin.   

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 12:56:54 AM »
no keep the same skins and not let them be customized. trust me we'll all regret this in the future.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »
no keep the same skins and not let them be customized. trust me we'll all regret this in the future.

If a vest (and maybe helmet) are placed over the model in team games, I don't see how this would affect game-play much.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »
When I read the thread title I was like 'Awesome, some different paintball uniforms would be cool', but then I read you want to be a Slenderman... WTF is that and WHY THE intercourse would you want to be it in a Paintball game.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 09:00:14 PM »
who tf is slender?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »
When I read the thread title I was like 'Awesome, some different paintball uniforms would be cool', but then I read you want to be a Slenderman... WTF is that and WHY THE intercourse would you want to be it in a Paintball game.

To be awesome. I was just using him as an example anyway. You can have a skin of whatever you want: Chuck Norris, James Bond, Albert Einstein, Naruto, etc.

who tf is slender?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man

leoalex50

• PGP
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 02:21:19 AM »
would it be ok if someone could use a custom skin if one of the models (the male model that is) is not working?

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 11:58:08 PM »
i really hope this wont get implemented, custom textures is bad enough.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 06:03:05 PM »
This would great with a ranking system, for example once a player ranks progressively the player would unlock some skins for their gun, and once they leveled to the max they would recieve all gold everything :)

I made my gun have Ed hardy skin once, it looked nice, but thats then I didn't know about the whole modification thing and that it was bannable.