Author Topic: Are My Textures Allowed? (Ask within)  (Read 13144 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Are My Textures Allowed? (Ask within)
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 10:47:08 AM »
rockitude: Those are kind of a grey area.  It's not that there's an obvious advantage, but the colors are pretty different from the original textures.  I would prefer that you just use the official ones and provide feedback on what to improve if there are things you don't like.

Aveiro:

atmays: The crates look really light.  I would change those.  I'm not sure why you'd want to use the low res textures in the hr4 dir.  Does that not look really bad to you?  And things like the flag texture are just broken...

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »
rockitude: Those are kind of a grey area.  It's not that there's an obvious advantage, but the colors are pretty different from the original textures.  I would prefer that you just use the official ones and provide feedback on what to improve if there are things you don't like.

I asked for someone else. I use the official ones since they appeared.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 12:35:14 PM »
atmays: The crates look really light.  I would change those.  I'm not sure why you'd want to use the low res textures in the hr4 dir.  Does that not look really bad to you?  And things like the flag texture are just broken...

I think the compressed low res textures are better for my eyes. I will switch out the crates ASAP.

Smacker

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »
By the way I still do not get why Jitspoe and committee are dealing with this. Since there is no official league or cup where players could get disqualified or banned, why are players getting banned for textures? Everybody has a chance to change the textures and if you find somebody with some bright textures, just do not play with him. I understand why multiaccounts are banned, but these things.. What about crosshairs  or double jump script? Start spending your time on improving the gameplay, not community.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
The line has to be drawn somewhere.  People don't like playing against players that have an unfair advantage.  How would you know if they have unfair textures so you can avoid playing against them?  Being able to see players better gives you an advantage, just like wallhacks or aimbots.  How much of an advantage is debatable, but it is there, and it upsets some people.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2013, 12:56:59 PM »
The line has to be drawn somewhere.  People don't like playing against players that have an unfair advantage.  How would you know if they have unfair textures so you can avoid playing against them?  Being able to see players better gives you an advantage, just like wallhacks or aimbots.  How much of an advantage is debatable, but it is there, and it upsets some people.
I understand your point of view Jit, but i think right now you are going way "ban everything that isn't official". I agree light-color barrels made big change, but i don't think it's case with grass that's a little lighter than original.
I think that textures that have color quite close to player textures of certain teams should be controlled a bit, but we don't have team green...
Anyway another issue is that players have brightness set up very high, and for example: i cannot complete towerjump because it's simply too dark for me, and most players do it, because their brightness is set very high, even author was not aware that it is simply too dark under normal brightness settings... I think that this should be next issue to resolve...