Author Topic: Newmap - Zlo_b1  (Read 2135 times)

obigl

• PGP
Newmap - Zlo_b1
« on: September 13, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »
Hey, newmap Zlo_b1.
2flags, mid high/mid low, 3v3/4v4.
Please add this map on servers.
Thx, oBi.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 07:56:27 AM by obigl »

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Newmap - Zlo_b1
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
Description
Nice to see you obi :) Okay, the map gameplay wise, seems pretty decent.

However many areas seem too open, as well as many flat ledges. I used to map with flat ledges, the problem is, when on low, you can't see that the ledges are there. I recommend using clipping panes to tilt them down a little.

Things that you should fix for b2

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 10:10:41 AM »
I ran through this map, This map is not newbie friendly what so ever with only ways to 2nd flag being double jumps. It's alright IMO but kind of bland in most areas.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »
I've uploaded the map to the EV1 beta server. I'll send you details in a PM.

Several things:

- Overall, the map did not feel like it flowed very well to me.  It mostly consists of flat terrain with large steps that are easy to get hung up on when strafe jumping around.  It just didn't feel very fun to maneuver in.
- Lighting is weird.  There seem to be point light scattered randomly around the map.  Some bridges are casting shadows UP for example.
- Lots of misaligned wood textures, as JMR pointed out.
- Visually, everything is blocky and primitive.  Doesn't look like much effort was put into making it look good.  You really need to make use of clipping planes to create some more natural terrain/rocks.
- Angled brushes on the tile textures for the low flag looks bad.  You should try to shape the brushes to line up with the edge of the tile textures.
- Flags should be accessible without trick jumps.
- Map filenames should always use all lowercase letters.

Not related to the map, but the wood, grass, and crate textures you're using look way brighter than the standard textures.  You need to change those as they can offer an unfair advantage.