Author Topic: New Guns?  (Read 15323 times)

edeholland

• PGP
Re: New Guns?
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 08:25:04 AM »
I dreamt about paintball a few nights ago, and the strange thing is there were mortars.
They could be carried instead of a normal gun, but the only way to shoot with them is sitting on the ground. You cannot shoot with it while moving, and you have to pack/unpack before shooting/carrying it to another place (much like trebuchets in Age of Empires 2, if you know what I mean). Its weight also disables you to move fast or jump high.
It shoots several paintballs at the same time, and has a superb accuracy.

A disadvantage may be that it encourages camping.

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 11:16:12 PM »
I dreamt about paintball a few nights ago, and the strange thing is there were mortars.
They could be carried instead of a normal gun, but the only way to shoot with them is sitting on the ground. You cannot shoot with it while moving, and you have to pack/unpack before shooting/carrying it to another place (much like trebuchets in Age of Empires 2, if you know what I mean). Its weight also disables you to move fast or jump high.
It shoots several paintballs at the same time, and has a superb accuracy.

A disadvantage may be that it encourages camping.
theres a chance mortars MIGHT (as in, a horridly low chance, but dreamers dream, afterall) but it should use at least 75 or so paintballs a shot, and a long time to even get the mortar working, along with a long time to take down and the inability to move (not a gun, but a secondary weapon, like grenades) but since mortars have a high trajectory, it would probably just end up bouncing off ceilings both visible and invisible, most likely tkilling half a team -.-.
btw, its ammo should probably just be a single, long range paintball.
EDIT: i meant paintgrenade
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:54:16 PM by marth »

godzilla

• Stingray
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2007, 02:57:31 AM »
but a pgp does the exact same thing pretty much AQUA

?

edeholland

• PGP
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2007, 05:14:33 AM »
I was thinking of a kind of Gatling Gun. You cannot climb ladders with it, but it doesn't use CO2. And it gets overheated very, very quickly, so you need protection by your teammates. You can only stay close to your base with it, since the ammunition lasts only a very short while. You can hide behind its shield.
The sad thing is, it makes digital paintball way different from normal paintball.

godzilla

• Stingray
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2007, 05:21:04 AM »
isnt digitall paintball ment to be like ordinary paintball?

why is everyone saying we need new guns.

i think this game was made so it was a realistic game.

instead of saying we need stuff like grenade launches, sniper rifles, Gatlin Guns etc....

it needs to be as realistic as possible so it satys with the theme of "paintball"

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2007, 09:09:42 AM »
Heh,

We don't need Shotguns, Rocket launchers, or Flamethrowers...

If we did Need NEW guns then I'd go with having newer Paint ball guns, Like dm7's for example, but the ones we have now are clearly fine.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2007, 10:21:59 AM »
i think this game was made so it was a realistic game.

Ever seen someone do the shazam33 jump at 90+mph in real life? :P

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2007, 05:28:53 PM »
Ever seen someone do the shazam33 jump at 90+mph in real life? :P
hes got a point rofl

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »
+1 for the paint bazooka.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »
DM7's look like somebody shoved a barrel, grip and chair leg into a blob of silly putty. :-\

godzilla

• Stingray
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2007, 05:44:18 AM »
i reckon that there should be diff coloured guns like in photo ^^^^^^^^

then we would be able to disdinguish between a pgp and a autococker

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 07:33:54 AM »
You can't pick up a PGP, it's a default weapon.

And PGP and AC, are anything bot not similar.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2007, 02:40:47 PM »
Only problem with colored guns is they may cause confusion with players and give the team color matching the gun color an advantage.  For example if you're running by and catch a glimpse of blue movement out of the corner of your eye and stop to investigate, but it just turns out to be a colored gun rotating, it would be kind of annoying.

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 11:57:13 PM »
Only problem with colored guns is they may cause confusion with players and give the team color matching the gun color an advantage.  For example if you're running by and catch a glimpse of blue movement out of the corner of your eye and stop to investigate, but it just turns out to be a colored gun rotating, it would be kind of annoying.
jits has got a point (of course xD) but it would be nice if some of the guns looked a bit more different from each other,i rarely know what im picking up unless its an autococker or a mag  :-\

godzilla

• Stingray
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2007, 09:38:27 PM »
but it would be nice if some of the guns looked a bit more different from each other,i rarely know what im picking up unless its an autococker or a mag

yeh and if your trying to shoot someone you dont know if they have a pgp or a mag....

but i see your point jits about the confusion thing.... we could just have the guns blue,red,purple,yellow and colours for each team. the colored guns in your foto look cool but if there is going to be colored guns we need to assign certain colors to certain teams(something like a darker blue for the blue team)