Author Topic: What drives away new players?  (Read 23387 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: What drives away new players?
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2008, 02:33:43 AM »
Nice suggestions bain. I was hoping for a hard coded non-console command request...but i guess that is not really important to real gaming. w/e

Maps that have jumping exploits. (only one way to learn this.....practice)

(Bigest problemin DP)...too much exploits, maps or mods. (Dont forget the purpose of joining the game .....Insta-gib with one paint ball, with unified textures.      Not a Jump / CTF / MODDers delight   FTW.

Lastly in-game / ts / IRC....there is still no admins hard banning with any unity.

WTF?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2008, 11:54:23 AM »
Er, this totally is a CTF game.
Lastly in-game / ts / IRC....there is still no admins hard banning with any unity.
WTF?
Yes, let's all follow loial's example and ban anyone who isn't logged in. That'll bring new players to the game.

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2009, 12:11:07 PM »
i like what yall are talking about, but, bring back the old quake2 commands, like the kickvote (player)   and the mapvote (map)   and the other commands like that, then if someone is cheating you could temp banthem, but leave out the banvote (player)  i doubt that wold be too popular, maybe make it tbanvote (player) (time)   that would be good, but make it a max tban of 30 minutes

AND GLOBAL BAN THE HACKERS FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE AND BAN THEM FROM THE PAINTBALL IRC CHAN, AND THE PAINTBALL FORUMS, AND IF THEY HAVE A HISTORY OF HACKING, AND THEY HACK AGAIN, DONT BAN THEM FOR LONGER, BAN THEM FOR EVER!!!!!!!

Thats partialy the reason that players get driven away, the newbs dont like it because of they suck the first time they play, they get there @$$ kicked, and because the normal good players are mean to them (i.e. - skater, vanity, and oher good, and stuck up players)

make it like quaklive, where the servers are seperated by your skill lvl, and judge the skill lvl by the person's kill:death ratio,
but make the homeowned servers a whole diff catagory

thats what i think
(kind of alot, if i say so myself) lol

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2009, 01:05:59 PM »
bring back the old quake2 commands, like the kickvote (player)   and the mapvote (map)   and the other commands like that, then if someone is cheating you could temp banthem, but leave out the banvote (player)  i doubt that wold be too popular, maybe make it tbanvote (player) (time)   that would be good, but make it a max tban of 30 minutes

Those aren't "old quake2" commands at all, they were found in mods like bwadmin, osp, etc. There are some feature requests floating around for more vote options and vote commands, but they aren't a priority.

Hyphy

• PGP
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
Some of the players that call everyone newbies and what not.

Promaster

• Stingray
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2010, 01:11:26 AM »
new players stop playing coz of the douchebags in the community instead of helping them and telling them what to do.