Author Topic: cl_blockedwords  (Read 1115 times)

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
cl_blockedwords
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:53:57 AM »
Is there anyway to edit/add the words listed on the 'cl_blockedwords' filter? If so, where do you do it?

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: cl_blockedwords
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:11:07 AM »
I bet you'd love words such as "laggy" or "bad" blocked, eh?
Search function is your friend:
If you open config.cfg and search for "cl_blockedwords" then you'll find a hefty list of profanities. You can add new words, separated by commas. It is possible to do it ingame, but you'd have to type out all the current words to keep them all :)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »
Search function is your friend:

Well that quote's not entirely accurate, I don't think it is in there by default... :S
And those example would only stop him from seeing them, not the rest of the server.

If it's not there and you want to add it, type "cl_blockedwords" in the console, then condump words.txt, go to your paintball2/pball directory, and copy the lists of words out, and then you can just add to or edit the default list, and put it in config.cfg

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
But dont copy the list of words ingame into the console. The text it too long for it and the game can crash.

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »

Grow up.

If it's not there and you want to add it, type "cl_blockedwords" in the console, then condump words.txt, go to your paintball2/pball directory, and copy the lists of words out, and then you can just add to or edit the default list, and put it in config.cfg

Thanks VicouZ.