Author Topic: Can you add this: We need a way to report people for misuse while playing.  (Read 9517 times)

stabbs

• Stingray
Re: Can you add this: We need a way to report people for misuse while playing.
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »
I can't find it.  I've been reading all the posts, but there are a lot.  I only see references to the fact that it exists, but not how to turn it on. 

If it does exist on that post, can you tell me at least what page it is on?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 03:08:42 PM »
It's on by default.  cl_swearfilter I think is the cvar to enable/disable it.

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »
thanks.   Also, one last thing.  Where is the file that contains all the words that are filtered?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 03:15:23 PM »
There is no file. The words are stored in: cl_blockedwords

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »
Is there a way to add to the words?  (I haven't tried anything on the game yet, so if some of these answers seem obvious, it is just that I haven't tried much yet because I can't get on at the moment, but I don't want to wait to try and lose all of your guys' help while I've got it.)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 03:20:17 PM »
If you open config.cfg and search for "cl_blockedwords" then you'll find a hefty list of profanities. You can add new words, separated by commas. It is possible to do it ingame, but you'd have to type out all the current words to keep them all :)

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 03:24:12 PM »
Thanks a bunch.  And I guess I still have two questions, but I promise this is the end. 

It appears that for the swearfilter to be on, it is set to "1".
I type cl_swearfilter in the console and it says "cl_swearfilter" is "1"   .   To turn it off, do I just type cl_swearfilter 0 ?  I'll assume that.  But, I haven't noticed that it filters the words, unless it just doesn't filter them if I type them.  Is this true?  Does it not filter your own for yourself if you have it turned on?

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »
Wait, I didn't find the words in config.cfg.  I'm in the pball/configs/ folder, is that the correct place?  I type cl_blockedwords in the console and I see the words, but not in config.cfg

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »
Thanks a bunch.  And I guess I still have two questions, but I promise this is the end. 

It appears that for the swearfilter to be on, it is set to "1".
I type cl_swearfilter in the console and it says "cl_swearfilter" is "1"   .   To turn it off, do I just type cl_swearfilter 0 ?  I'll assume that.  But, I haven't noticed that it filters the words, unless it just doesn't filter them if I type them.  Is this true?  Does it not filter your own for yourself if you have it turned on?

The swear filter doesn't filter your own text. '1' makes it drop the line entirely, '2' makes it replace the word with asterisks.

As for the config, you're in the right place, I'm not sure why there isn't a list though :(

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 05:33:29 PM »
The cl_blockedwords doesn't archive by default.  I figured for a first run, it might be best to make the list not save in case we need to update it later.  Really, though, the default list should have just about everything covered.  If you just type "cl_blockedwords", it should print out the whole list.

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »
It doesn't have everything, because people find other ways to type the same words that don't get caught by the filter.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
It doesn't have everything, because people find other ways to type the same words that don't get caught by the filter.
True, which is why I set it up to not filter players own text so they don't sit there thinking they have to find ways to evade the filter.  They can happily type whatever they want, and we can happily ignore it.

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »
Great idea.  Didn't think of that.

Well, thanks a lot for the update.  I'm loving build 25.  It is nice to ignore all of those people's cussing.  Thanks a lot for the build.   I like the new sounds too.  Great game!!