Author Topic: It's that time of year again...  (Read 6251 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: It's that time of year again...
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 12:46:33 PM »
Myers you had a negative attitude towards fl1p in a post in this thread.  Then you said the only negative attitude comes from someone talking about you or your team mates.  Hypocrite.  Apparently it also comes from you feeling the need to defend your self.

uhm... He started a hackusation about me in this thread, so I brought in negative attitude. How am I a hypocrite for saying exactly what I did....? Anyways... rather try to keep this thread on topic so that it gets noticed.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 01:02:12 PM »
You've always had a negative attitude. Even the name of this thread is negative.

About flip, I don't think his opinion about you is biased because I don't fancy you either for what you've done (if you've somehow made yourself look worse than you really are, then it's also your job to set it right). But this is just me defending someone I don't know from someone I don't know.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
I should've made this thread topic more positive? Why would I be positive to bring up a topic that is talked about every year but never accomplished? Since I started the only real change is interpolated hitboxes. Year after year the community offers suggestions that just never get completed. They go to a feature vote, and the feature votes page has some features with more +'s then people currently in the community, and they aren't set as priority. What's there to be positive for? The reason the game doesn't move fast is because the developer doesn't have the time to work on it, understood. So simple fix... allow the community to help, but he wont. DP2 is a fun game, but it's lasting off of a community that's all been around for many years and no new players are coming.

Many people have commented on the website alone not being that nice, and given way nicer designs which just got ignored. Or, people made tutorials for this game that got ignored. People made texture packs which got ignored. The feature vote makes no sense, either way if one of them does happen its jitspoe just picking it himself not the most in demand.

So it's not the easiest to stay positive about this community, people blame the community for that, but it's not. The community knows eachother by first name, and play the same people all the time with nothing changing besides the odd map. I don't see the reason to be positive when there's under 5 active americans clans and not to many more in the euro scene. But, me being negative i'd still put as more productive then a lot of other forum users ;)

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
^LOL Why's this guy even on the committee?
Myers, you care too much about what people say and get offended too easily... When the OP starts negative posts and attacks in his own thread, the thread is done for, and useless. No one will take this thread seriously now, and the only way to fix it is to ask for all posts in it to be deleted...

If you quit trying to defend your dumb friends and yourself and just let them talk dumb by themselves, you'll accomplish more and won't derail your own thread. They only made things worse in your own thread anyways, and haven't tried to help you with your initial goal in it.

I like your initiative in wanting to help the game, but you have not moderated your thread in that manner to help the community, which makes the community question your plans when you sidetrack just to attack other members of the community. That is why no one takes to your posts seriously anymore, because every other post is bashing someone. If you quit your biases and just show pure motive to fix this game and community, people would start to take you more seriously, and only then would you maybe be able to help out this game a little bit, when the community would start listening to you. Step one, either fix the thread and ask for all off-topic comments to be deleted, or lock this one and start a new one, and actually keep it on topic.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 02:25:13 AM »
Myers, the reason why you should look for the positive aspects of everything is because you'd feel better, you'd make other people feel better, and your behaviour would encourage others to make things better. Your thread has very slim chances of success because you only complain (talking about the first post). Making this game better shouldn't be a heavy weight on everyones shoulders, it should be something to look up for with excitement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRMogDrHnMQ
I recommend watching the whole video.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 05:18:18 PM »
Myers, If you want to accuse me of giving you info from the committee that is quite fine. We all know who your committee leak is but why waste the time. Post up logs of me telling you stuff. Probably deleted them just like you do your demos.... lol

I can write what I like. You have hacked most of the community would agree regardless of proof. I made a statement about your topic using facts. You attacked me. You claim you love this game one day, hack it the next, then you try manipulating everyone, the scream "i'm gonna quit if you guys dont like me", then continue to pretend you care about this game. Give it up. Since I give you so much about the what the committee discusses let me go ahead and give you some more info. How about when you have been accused of multi accounts then all of a sudden you have a brother that played. You decided to send jits a picture of you and your brother but asked him not to share it with the committee (especially flip) cause you were so embarrassed about being so small compared to your brother... I'll give you some props. Jits fell for that like a fool. I'm sure others here that spent a lot of time on summits vents would agree your so called brother never played. Only thing different between you and the rest of the idiots that hack is you have a quick mind. You'll get caught eventually. Probably why you sit in dp anyways. Only some what active game that you can hack to appear good in. GJ sonny boy. 

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
lolwut. I didn't want my picture given out online, I appologize for that? Don't know where you got the 'small compared to your brother' thing. But alright.

You do not know who the leaks are/were, you guys assume it was shep which he never actually leaked. You'd be surprised ;) Never said you can't write what you'd like, but I sent you a msg to remove off-topic posts which you ignored, terrible moderator :/

What is this about the deleting demos? I've never used that excuse on demo requests, which, if you haven't noticed I really don't get my demo requested. I'm not shk/Chemical, I don't make the random 1ball across the map shots. Infact, other then really Dystro, Riddick and a select few others, nobody openly says they think I hack.

I HAVE hacked, past tense, I've been banned before and served my time. Now, I do not hack, there's no proof I hack, my demo's show that. And my brother DID play, if you look he was in a few clans, and i'm sure some of the people that used to come on summits vent would agree, although, now it's more new people on that vent so they would not know.

Uhm... I really don't care if I appear good in a game, most games are more amusing when you're terrible. Once you get good it becomes repetitive and the amusement goes down. DP stayed amusing because of jumps. prob should lock this topic but I rather just let it go and see who else posts.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 04:26:03 AM »
prob should lock this topic but I rather just let it go and see who else posts.

please just lock it

this will just continue to become a flaming topic where people have no arguments except for "LOL you hacked!!!" and "no I didn't LOL". If you were honest about the idea to make this topic help out this game, you'd better lock it before it only ruins this game.

(Furthermore locking the topic will prevent it from being re-opened by Narga in a few years :) )