Author Topic: Quark files for Pb2  (Read 3516 times)

meegosh

• PGP
Quark files for Pb2
« on: June 01, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »
I am trying to locate the quark files for this awesome game. I have been talking with a few people in regards to this with no luck.

If anyone has a tutorial or even some tips on how to get it working please let me know. Right now I have a new addon, I imported the textures and everything. The only thing I cannot get is the entities to show up.

It creates a Paintball entity icon but when I click it (it should drop down a list of entities) it says pball\.osfolder

I cannot get past this point, some have told me that I need to rename all the entities and put them in a folder but they did not elaborate on it anymore than that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... (I hate BSP, and WC so don't recommend those) :p

Thanks!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Quark files for Pb2
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 04:38:29 PM »
I've never used Quark, so I can't help you much other than give you the file FourthX made: http://dpball.com/files/mapmaking/dp2.qrk

meegosh

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:50:52 PM »
Yeah, that is the file I am having problems with. Hopefully FourthX will return my e-mail at some point. Thanks for the reply though jits..

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:56:37 AM »
I have the other one that sinni made a few years back if i can find it ill give it to you. Its realy basic.

meegosh

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 07:22:25 AM »
I have the other one that sinni made a few years back if i can find it ill give it to you. Its realy basic.

That would be awesome if you could find it. I am still working with FourthX's trying to get it to work.

meegosh

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:01:18 AM »
I have gotten to the point where I imported the textures out of the C:\Games\Paintball2\pball\textures\pball folder into Quark, they show up fine. Whenever I build the map though, it launches with regular Quake 2, the textures show up but very distorted.

When I copy the .bsp over to C:\Games\Paintball2\pball\maps all my entities show up but the textures do not. It says it cannot find them.

Any tips? I know how to build basic maps as of now, I just don't know how to do things like textures when they are not already preset, I know... I'm lame.

If someone could help me get this straightened out I think I will have all my problems solved.

UPDATE: When I import the .jpg's from pball\textures dir they show up in Quark but will not show up once the game is compiled. Does it have to compiled+run in Paintball 2.0 ? Right now it compilies it and opens it up in Quake 2... the textures are there but are distorted and not really high res. The only texture it seems that stays and shows up when I test in Paintball 2.0 is the water textures and sky textures.

Any ideas? Thanks
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 11:17:16 AM by meegosh »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:26:54 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:40:10 AM by Dirty_Taco »

DrDaPoo

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 11:10:42 AM »
Hey guys im having a similar problem. I have everything setup exactly the way its been explained but no dice. But I was wondering, does quark support jpeg?