Author Topic: Improving the Community  (Read 15632 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Improving the Community
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2006, 09:22:17 AM »
OK lets take that one step further.

Have an official DP map review team. Anyone wanting their map released wit hthe next build needs to get their map reviewed, and if it passes muster, combine it with the next release.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2006, 09:25:03 AM »
200mb downloads :(

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2006, 12:55:29 PM »
Maybe there should be a full-download for new players and an update version, like it's the way at the moment.
Including the newly released maps in the updated version as well would keep the file size low (at least lower than 200mb ;)).

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2006, 02:55:19 PM »
OK lets take that one step further.

Have an official DP map review team. Anyone wanting their map released wit hthe next build needs to get their map reviewed, and if it passes muster, combine it with the next release.

Sounds a little like communism

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2006, 03:11:05 PM »
Everything is communism, its a scare tactic.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2006, 11:50:43 PM »
I think the best solution for maps would be to just implement fast in-game downloading.  If it only takes a couple seconds to download a new map then it's really a non-issue.  Having a 200mb install, however, might intimidate some people from getting the game.  Hopefully people will vote for fast in-game downloads for the next build.  I might throw propaint1 in there, given Crash's permission, of course, but I don't think that type of thing is going to make or break the community.  Most of the crappy maps that newbies love aren't included with the download anyway.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2006, 04:54:14 AM »
Step by step, we try. :P

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2006, 01:40:19 PM »
I think the best solution for maps would be to just implement fast in-game downloading.  If it only takes a couple seconds to download a new map then it's really a non-issue.  Having a 200mb install, however, might intimidate some people from getting the game.  Hopefully people will vote for fast in-game downloads for the next build.  I might throw propaint1 in there, given Crash's permission, of course, but I don't think that type of thing is going to make or break the community.  Most of the crappy maps that newbies love aren't included with the download anyway.
As his manager i grant you that permission.
ZipZilla sends his love.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2006, 07:42:01 PM »
Having a 200mb install, however, might intimidate some people from getting the game.
More than you could possible imagine caring forum reader. That is just another beauty of the game and yes faster ingame downloads now sounds like a must.

Knack I do agree that maps should be reviewed and critiqued. A select few? Perhaps something better should be done.