Author Topic: Signatures  (Read 18080 times)

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
Re: Signatures
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2007, 06:05:05 PM »
That's bad how...?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2007, 09:00:47 PM »
As long as the default is to NOT show image sigs (and show non-image sigs), what do i care :D

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 09:10:26 PM »
IMAGE SIGS WORDS ARE NOT SIGS GET IT RIGHT NOOBLET gawd u guys are slow. no graphix person would ever call useing words in ur sig box a sig ITS NOT WHAT IT IS FOR :P

The original oldbies of the Internet made the word signature mean what it means. The graphics people nowadays are the n00bs. Most of them are pretty bad at graphics anyway, and have no clue about theory as well (reminds me of a tutorial by a gfxer I recently read... rule of thirds for text... now that's a joke). The worst part is, most of them think they're all that. Ahem, reality check!

But ahem, 200px is pretty huge already. It's 200px max on my forum, but not many people come close to that. Not only is it annoying, it tends to look ugly.

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2007, 01:09:25 AM »
Then dont have it showin :P

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2007, 01:11:49 PM »

That's larger than 200px and isn't ugly... :P

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2007, 02:12:35 PM »
That's 115px in height, which is NOT bigger than 200px... I understand you're talking about width, but we're all talking height...

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
my bad
:P

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 03:13:52 PM »
Code: [Select]
,--^----------,--------,-----,-------^--,
  | |||||||||   `--------'     |          O
  `+---------------------------^----------|
    `\_,-------, _________________________|
      / XXXXXX /`|     /
     / XXXXXX /  `\   /
    / XXXXXX /\______(
   / XXXXXX /
  / XXXXXX /
 (________(
  `------'   

ASCII FTW!

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2007, 03:28:16 PM »
We don't even have enough characters for an ASCII sig. :P

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »
Queeni u on clantemplates?? cause that same sig was form there in a contest.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »
Wow

If it is, thats my own sig.

I have the .psd

If someone ripped that from me...

I'll murder them.

Link me to their page.

And no, I'm not on clantemplates

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2007, 07:49:38 PM »
http://www.clantemplates.com

Was a few months ago 5-7

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2007, 08:29:46 PM »

That's larger than 200px and isn't ugly... :P
It's also larger than the average post, which means people have to scroll through twice as much, and what does seeing the same picture over and over again add to discussion?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2007, 08:49:48 PM »
IRON MAN is added. I think this is obvious, as are the benefits of allowing image sigs. How else will people be able to show off their filter-applying image-copying photoshop skills?
Sarcasm!

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2007, 12:47:38 AM »
It's also larger than the average post, which means people have to scroll through twice as much, and what does seeing the same picture over and over again add to discussion?

Nothing. Signatures, themselves, don't add anything at all. Since this isn't USENET, you can just click on a person's name to find out more information. It's just cool.

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »
either way ppl have wrighting in there sigs so ud half to scroll that lil extra anyways. either way itll add up.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2007, 09:23:31 AM »
Every other forum I've been in has pictures aloud sigs, and it doesn't make anything worse, in fact, it adds more appeal to the forums.  Makes it look prettier.  Anyways, maybe you could *try* the pictures in sigs, and if it doesn't go well, remove them.  Just talking about what you think will happen won't solve anything.  Actions speak louder than words.

And also Eiii, if you had any photoshop talent whatsoever, you would know that that image is not just copy + paste and filters.  Maybe when you can make something nearly as good, you can talk.  Until then, keep those comments to yourself.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:14 AM »
It has been tried before:
It's not file size that was the issue, it was content.

I actually want images as signatures, just not bad enough to sit in here arguing about it when the chances of it happening are very slim, which is the size we would want them, by the way.  ;)

Also, it adds to the discussion by allowing us to know a little bit more about that person so that we can adjust our responses accordingly. Avatars serve the same purpose. If they are turned off by default, then the only ones assaulting their sense of sight will be those that wish to.

And to respond to the quote I put above, how long ago was that? People change. And I am incredibly bored right now, being stuck in bed for days isn't very fun.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2007, 11:31:02 AM »
activate picture sigs KTHX /thread

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »
And also Eiii, if you had any photoshop talent whatsoever, you would know that that image is not just copy + paste and filters.  Maybe when you can make something nearly as good, you can talk.  Until then, keep those comments to yourself.

I wasn't necessarily talking about yours. I was talking about the inevitable flood of crappy sigs that would follow. Also, I just might have to take you up on that photoshop thing.