Author Topic: Is there anyone out there?  (Read 5110 times)

eagle

• Stingray
Is there anyone out there?
« on: November 03, 2007, 10:49:19 AM »
Alright I should have done this a lot sooner, but are there any clans out their that i can tryout for? Before you reply keep in mind:

- I dont have vent, only IRC.
- I am looking for a clan that doesnt have vent or any other type of communication as a requirement
- Hopefully the clan will have IRC.

coLa

• Autococker
Re: Is there anyone out there?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »
why don't you get vent? only clan you will be able to get in without vent or teamspeak is some pub clan.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:39:13 AM »
You're gonna need vent.  Just get it.  If you don't have a mic, go buy a cheap headset.  I got mine for $15 and it works perfectly.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 12:15:45 PM »
or if you're THAT poor, use a webcam or some other integrated mic with push-to-talk(on TS at least), like I used to.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 02:38:49 PM »
There have been a number of folks that tried out for us but did not have a mic for one reason or another. The most common is that their parents would not allow it.

Perhaps you will find some others in your boat who you can team up with and form a new clan that uses irc and text recon.

7mau

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 02:44:18 PM »
í already offer you to join my clan (W.A.R.N.) but i you really don't want to accept my offer than good luck for finding better clans for you.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »
or if you're THAT poor, use a webcam or some other integrated mic with push-to-talk(on TS at least), like I used to.

If hes that poor he's not likely to have a webcam :D

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 05:22:08 PM »
If hes that poor he's not likely to have a webcam :D

WELL lol my first computer was a sony packaged vaio II and it had a mic built into the crt monitor, i meant anything like that.

REALLY I think he might just be one of those people that doesn't want his voice heard on dp for one reason or another ;)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 07:46:27 PM »
WELL lol my first computer was a sony packaged vaio II and it had a mic built into the crt monitor, i meant anything like that.

REALLY I think he might just be one of those people that doesn't want his voice heard on dp for one reason or another ;)

Im one of those peoples =P But, sometimes i use vent. I dont care that I sound like a 14 yr old kid cos i am =P

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 07:53:06 PM »
There are plenty of reasons why he may not use vent that may be unrelated to being poor or being shy

BuLLzEyE

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 10:48:14 PM »
Dudes, I don't even know what Vent is. ;D

eagle

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 01:47:08 PM »
There have been a number of folks that tried out for us but did not have a mic for one reason or another. The most common is that their parents would not allow it.

Perhaps you will find some others in your boat who you can team up with and form a new clan that uses irc and text recon.

Well that practically sums it up. I might just start up my own clan but obviously I dont have enough pull to attract other members.

7mau

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »
My offer is still on. You can always join my clan if you want to

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »
Linux doesn't support vent D:

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 06:55:02 PM »

Vent's linux client is in "development."  I doubt it will ever come out.  And unfortunately, I haven't gotten it to work with Wine yet.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 07:08:18 PM »
well eagle....

after talking with M7, i'm thinking of leaving InT to start a new clan similar to InT. Only to help people learn the basics in-game and on matching. if you want to help let me know.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »

A member of our clan named "friendly" made it work, ask him how to do it.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 01:31:29 AM »
well eagle....

after talking with M7, i'm thinking of leaving InT to start a new clan similar to InT. Only to help people learn the basics in-game and on matching. if you want to help let me know.

We need more clans,  that is for sure. We would hate to see you go fl1p, but it would be for a good cause.

With UE going under in a night and SI and V merging, that is two less clans in a couple days.

Not many stable clans are springing up to replace them.

Eagle,  you might consider those left in UE pickings after Atmays' recruiting frenzy. I understand a few of them did not have mics.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 08:10:55 AM »
Good idea. The ones that did not follow into the.. I guess you could call it a merge with uR weren't exactly our A squad, but they were good enough to keep ue's record 4:1 over the 100 win mark ;). If you're gonna make a clan they should definately be in your consideration.

m7: Meh. Now me and capo are gonna make uR the stable clan, since it isn't exactly 100% organized yet ;) Hopefully another decent clan will spring out of things like this though, with all the uE, sI, and v members that did not make the cut in their respective merges.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 06:50:25 PM »
A member of our clan named "friendly" made it work, ask him how to do it.
Probably with Wine and I looked it up on google saw something about how horrible it works on wine.
well eagle....

If you do give me a call and I'll join.