Author Topic: LAPTOPGUN  (Read 1548 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
LAPTOPGUN
« on: November 23, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »
Hey icemen, I have an old Sony Vaio (p4/xp) that will not turn on...

When I hit the power button 1 or more fans kick on, the power LED turns blue for 15 seconds, all the while the fan starts powering down, and nothing else turns on.  LCD stays blank the entire time.

I figure it's the mobo, any other ideas?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: LAPTOPGUN
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 05:13:35 PM »
1. does it beep?
2. are you sure its the power button and not the sleep/hibernate button?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »
1. does it beep?
2. are you sure its the power button and not the sleep/hibernate button?

Thanks for the response :D No beeps, and yeah, it's the power button.  By the way the battery is fine, and I keep it plugged in anyway,

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 05:47:25 PM »
have you tried removing the power cable AND the battery and leave it like that for about 30 sends, then try to power it back up?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
I've had me and my sisters lcd screens mess up on the laptops, not completely black, but its similar. It could be the monitor cable inside the laptop itself, because some laptops are known for loose connections of the cable and it will mess up the screen. Does the power button LED stay on the whole time, or do all the lights go off?

HadeZ

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »
have you tried removing the power cable AND the battery and leave it like that for about 30 sends, then try to power it back up?

Have you done this?  Also what is the exact model you may just need to re-sodder the 2 points also sony vaio is trash, same with e-machine, toshiba.