Author Topic: I can't think of a name for this topic.  (Read 3187 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
I can't think of a name for this topic.
« on: January 20, 2008, 12:22:19 AM »
So anyway, I'm on my friend's laptop since he's playing COD4 on my computer. On his desktop (which is cluttered as hell, btw) there's a text file called 'Bawk.txt'. It's the only one that looks out of place, and I'm bored (and really curious), so I opened it. Here are it's contents:

Code: [Select]
tiger cow sheep horse pig - Pride Career love family money
loyal screechy scoundrel hot  flowing - Myself partner enemy interpreation_of_sex own life
Father Ben  [no one]  Ariel Forrest- never_forget true_friend True_love Twin_soul Remeber_forever
3.141592653589 tuesday

...yeeeeeeeeah. What?

Spook

• Autococker
Re: I can't think of a name for this topic.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 12:44:24 AM »
passwords?

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 12:57:19 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:01:13 AM by P!nk »

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:18:16 AM »
Code: [Select]
tiger cow sheep horse pig - Pride Career love family money

Some of you may have seen this email before; supposedly, it’s got the wisdom of the Dalai Lama in it & what-not, and part of it is organising a list of animals “by your preference”. If you’ve ever been asked a question which is more random or left-field than that, let me know.

The idea is that these animals reflect your priorities in life. Somehow. Let’s go through this list. If you don’t want to be spoilt for when this email pops in your inbox, look away now.

Ok now the freaks are gone, we can get on with things.

* Cow: represents Career. I dunno, cows never represented much to me. Some might consider cows “food”, or perhaps “milk”, or even “environment”, but Career? I’m noticing something with these animals - they’re all from the chinese zodiac (aren’t they? Tiger throws out “common domestic animals”). Maybe this email was written in 3000 BC when cows were pretty integral to careers in ye olde China. Wild guess here.
    * Tiger: represents Pride. Hmm, maybe. If you’re a hunter, having a tiger’s head over your hearth is one of those matters of pride, but quite clearly over the years has had an effect on the tigers themselves. And if you’re going to say pride, why not say Lion? King of the jungle et al? Feeds back into that idea of the Chinese zodiac, y’see? Either way, I don’t buy how a tiger is somehow linked to your perception of pride, especially in the era of emails
    * Sheep: represents Love. If there was one animal I had to say did not represent love in any way shape or form, sheep would pretty much have to be it. I don’t know about you, but an animal which is reknowned for its uncanny ability to look like all the other animals of its species doesn’t exactly put me the romancing frame of mind. Maybe something in the Chinese zodiac suggests sheep are particularly associated with love & all that, but it’d have to be a bit of a curveball. To say the least.
    * Horse: represents Family. See, sheep I might have bought here. Cow, even, what with the whole herds. But Horse? Family? That’s illegal practically everywhere you go, my friend. That Chinese Zodiac has got something to answer for.
    * Pig: represents Money. Greed, gluttony, piggy banks… ok, this one I can kinda buy. But since I can’t make a joke about the chinese zodiac here, I’m just going to say: what happend to the other 7 animals?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 01:19:13 AM »
Ban y00tz for pagestretching! D;

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 01:25:33 AM »
Quite an interesting friend.  Did you ask him about it?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 01:31:22 AM »
Nah. He'd kill me if he thought I was looking at any of his stuff.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 01:46:50 AM »
So you're going behind your friend's back.  Nice.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 02:08:43 AM »
He's just overly secretive and stuff. It's not like I'm digging deep into his personal files.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 02:11:58 AM »
If someone read my bawk.txt... Wow, I can't even imagine the wrath.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 06:53:02 AM »
Nah. He'd kill me if he thought I was looking at any of his stuff.

He's just overly secretive and stuff. It's not like I'm digging deep into his personal files.

So you post it on the internet :D

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 12:00:16 PM »
So you post it on the internet :D
I'm waiting for him to google the file contents, I can already see this topic at the top of the results.

MaDMaN

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 05:19:25 AM »
hahaha, good one Eiii, Your a true friend. =)

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 01:30:18 AM »
thats messed up eiii. as a friend its your personal responsability to be nosing in your friends business and being like WTH are you doing you ****ing weirdo! you got half of the job done. FOLLOW UP DONT BE SUCH A GIRL! if he gets like seriously pissed off then he is fail =]

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 02:15:21 PM »
Reviving because I'm on his computer again and there's a NEW text file. This time, it's "Quickly click me before its too late.txt".

the clock's pendulum swings from two to ten. Colors a dancing cacophanous pang  still fast slithering the forgotten pen wrote time in truest form, before it sprang

Mhm.

EDIT: Bawk.txt is still there, too.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »
its his poetry

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 09:32:30 PM »
It's a good thing you clicked it before it was too late.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 09:34:52 PM »
I'm probably going to die in seven days or something.