Poll

How long should somebody be banned for assisting another player in finding cheats?

No ban
25 (32.5%)
8 day ban
4 (5.2%)
16 day ban
4 (5.2%)
32 day ban
19 (24.7%)
64+ day ban
25 (32.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Ban Time for Assisting Players in Obtaining Cheats  (Read 18121 times)

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: Ban Time for Assisting Players in Obtaining Cheats
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 10:08:17 PM »
There are legitimate uses for wallhacks.  Why ban someone for giving someone something that they know is detectable?  Unless the person is sending everyone penix and telling them it is undetected to get people banned, I see nothing wrong with it.
How would you be able to review a demo with out having a wall hack enabled in game?

MaDMaN

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 10:50:30 PM »
simply. Just make a new destination for paintball. like eh. c:/games1. and use it on that one.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 01:19:22 PM »
I really don't think it should be punishable.  Everything is detected right now so what's wrong with giving someone a cheat when the only thing they can do with them is watch demos or play bots?
Perhaps, but that may not always be the case.  What happens when somebody finds or creates a cheat that isn't currently detectable.  Should people be free to tell others about it with no consequence?

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 05:18:48 PM »
Perhaps, but that may not always be the case.  What happens when somebody finds or creates a cheat that isn't currently detectable.  Should people be free to tell others about it with no consequence?
No

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 05:57:12 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:00:44 AM by P!nk »

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 11:37:33 AM »
No ban.
If the person helping the person obtain cheats isn't using them themself. If your foolish enough to cheat then you deserve a ban, not for helping fools. =]

~MT

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 11:41:11 AM »
No ban.
If the person helping the person obtain cheats isn't using them themself. If your foolish enough to cheat then you deserve a ban, not for helping fools. =]

Same.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 12:07:53 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:00:33 AM by P!nk »

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2008, 12:18:22 PM »
Cheating is cheating to me, weather you help someone to get cheats, make them, or use them.  If you know how to get them, chances are (but not always) you used them before.
Not trying to disrespect anyone. 

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »
You going to blame a car salesmen that sold you a car you wrecked?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2008, 01:47:44 AM »
It's sort of hard to vote for this. You have mass distribution vs. giving it to a few friends, direct vs. indirect giving, etc. Ban times should depend on the magnitude/form of distribution, meaning, not the same ban time for all of them.
This poll is for assisting players in obtaining cheats, not distributing them.  Like if somebody says, "Where can I get cheats for this game?" and somebody else says, "Download X or Y."

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 02:50:02 PM »
^^  I say they get the same ban time as distributing cheats....    If the makers are the distributers, then they are the resellers... They're just as liable for giving out cheats as much as the distributing them, but instead of giving files, they provide links...

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 03:36:20 PM »
Ok, my own analogy:

If you buy guns and bullets for someone when you KNOW that he is going to use it to shoot the president, you shall be punished.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:00:21 AM by P!nk »

MuFFDiVeR

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2008, 11:32:39 PM »
I decided to read about this post because of all the talk on irc that has been going around. Yes, I do agree if someone is involved with or with the intent of a crime they should be punished. (this means braking the rules.. ).  So put a ban on those that need this type of special treatment because it is not fair to the other players who look up to these so called pro’s. I also find it funny how most of these people commenting on this topic have been caught in the past for haxing. It is clear to me that not much in interest has changed in these players attitude towards the game and for more reason this shows they are fully aware of their actions and should man up to the consequences.  As for the time placed on the banned I feel this should be left in the hands of the community since it is there job to come to such decisions. Personally speaking the quality of advice you are seeking for from this selected group of responses is weak and should not be taken into consideration considering their previous records and lack of character. This is how I feel and frankly, tired of it so I highly doubt I’ll be reading on from this point. I am sure the community will do a great job with this.

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »
I think it should be multiplied by the amount of people assisted. As if cheating by itself is bad, it's even more damaging to the community to assist in these aquisitions. Theres a thick line between simply getting bored, or trying to beat your arch nemesis and purposefully damaging the integrity of the game by releasing such information. There's no reason to assist in cheating other than to spite the developer/community, especially if the ones you assist are'nt even your friends.

And whats with all these irrelevant and meaningless analogies? Seems like some sort of method of self defense.

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 11:47:21 AM »
I really don't think it should be punishable.  Everything is detected right now so what's wrong with giving someone a cheat when the only thing they can do with them is watch demos or play bots?

ROFL

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »
I can't remember who said this but why would a person helping to get someone hacks get a longer ban than the person who actually hacked. Honestly that's just plain dumb.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2008, 01:51:30 PM »
You going to blame a car salesmen that sold you a car you wrecked?

um.. no.

if the car salesmen knew there was something wrong with the car and sold it anyways, then he would be to blame. kinda like what's going on here.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
We need to all stop with the analogies, srsly. Half of them don't make sense, like at all.