_
« on: October 21, 2005, 04:25:56 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:11:05 AM by Dirty_Taco »

digi___

Re: A petition to end impact grenades.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:31:49 PM »
EXACTLY. 'no one cares'

perfect example is ganja.. he would ADMIT to hacking, and NO ONE would ban him from anything. NOBODY cares. hacking is completely accepted in this community and that's about all there is to it.

DP = Counterstrike. (hack wise)

that is all.

oh and as for the impact grenades.. no one will agree to take that off either because newbies out number good players by A LOT. and they love these grenades because you get free kills basically.

the grens will never be removed.. its just another aspect of dp that is now ruined.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:11:02 AM by Dirty_Taco »

digi___

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 04:35:04 PM »
don't worry.. I still love you.
we can go play ruined DP together.

gwb

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 04:35:59 PM »
yeah what dirtytaco said, he's right.

jitspoe seriously, take a look at your dp con pics and realize why no one wants to go. no one cares about dp you've screwed up, notice how more people went to cals cons than yours? thats right, extract the homosexuality out of dp or you'll just be left with people of the same sexual nature.

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 04:37:34 PM »
the fact that people nonchalantly admit they hack means nothing. nothing is done to stop them. no anti-cheat will ever be implemented. the only good thing about the newbies out-numbering the vets is that most of the newbies don't go on the forums, so they really don't voice their opinions. i don't care if impact grenades stay in the game, but just make it serverside like it was before.

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 04:41:46 PM »
signed

P!nk

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 05:01:16 PM »
+1
For those that disagree, you might consider having them turned off for matches only.

As for neo, I never thought you'd slink a little hack in your pack, but theres a first time for everything. I am fairly disappointed at you for doing it during a match. You may be disheartened to realize your worse than Iron, because you were caught. Enough being mean, good luck getting into the servers now  :).

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 05:01:59 PM »
Dirty_taco got owned by a noob and now he's crying.

hacking is completely accepted in this community and that's about all there is to it.
In real-life paintball cheating is also very common, i read about guys making it look like the paintstains got on their cloths by accidentally rubbing against a wall.  

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 05:35:14 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:10:53 AM by Dirty_Taco »

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 05:42:01 PM »
Well smartass, if you can't get rid of wallhacks you can even the odds by playing in those glass levels.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 06:04:53 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:10:50 AM by Dirty_Taco »

digi___

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 06:37:06 PM »
Ah, so now my claim is proven. You didnt read my post. I'm not trying to get rid of wallhacks. I'm trying to get rid of one of the two advantages clans can now use in matches. I explicitly stated that its impossible to get rid of wallhacks, therefore im trying to get rid of impact grenades.

You're going to do real well on the reading comprehension portion of the SATs 6 years from now when you're a senior in high school.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 06:39:44 PM »
Taco, Anger leads to hate and hate leads to the dark side, help you I will not, so kiss my ... and hope i don't blowdry your hair.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:10:47 AM by Dirty_Taco »

MeRL

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 07:15:27 PM »
Well i'm adding to this thread for two reasons.
1- I found out no more than a week ago that one could actually bind impact grenades.
2- Crossbones was mentioned in the intial post and most people know i lead that clan.

As stated in my first reason, i just just found out about those darn impact grenades when my team and i were getting smoked by team TNL. Our grenades wouldn't explode on impact, yet theirs would in a match and beeeeelieve you me we were getting pissed in the match. (YES we kept everything to mm2) So after asking TNL about it, they explained to us it was a bind and showed us how to use it. In all honesty, kills come a lot easier on those bottle neck maps but it indeed does take away a lot of the teamplay that i am used to in a match. I don't mind seeing those used in a pub server because i do get SOME enjoyment out of it however, IF for any reason these grenades don't get removed, perhaps as an un-written rule, we can just all agree to not use them in a match. (yes yes yes i know some people wont like that and wont agree to it so it's only a suggestion)
As for the players mentioned in DT's post, the one's that are accused of hacking, (accused, caught..whatever the case) I haven't personally seen any of this proof and i won't back up that claim unless i do see this proof. There are some kills that do see fishy but sometimes i kill people and they say i hack...which i hope everyone knows i dont. Therefore i take my ass whoopings and play again, do note that i don't usually learn from my ass whooping because crossbone's record went from 3-2 to 3-5 thanks to TNL.

In any case, if there's voting to be done, i vote that Impact nades get removed from at LEAST matches.
- MeRL

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 07:43:02 PM »
I have heard rumors about nearly everyone cheating at one time or another. So I just think everyone and noone is always cheating all the time. In other words I essentially pay cheating no serious mind. If you cheat, you know you do, and I know I don't, so in our souls we know. I get MY ass kicked honestly!!!

I vote:
Be gone with impact grenades and all traces of them!!!

PS:
There were a few comments about neo cheating during a match, or disabling those impact grens during matches. How on earth can any of you practice or play pubs with certain settings and then match with other settings.

Shouldn't non-serious play be preparation for serious play, and thereby be done with the same settings and whatnot?

I REALLY vote for permanently making the settings: FFire = ON, Freeze = ON, and Impact Grens  removed and destroyed permanently. And these setting enforced and FORCED on everyone!

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 07:49:01 PM »
I never liked impact grenades..to me it is for noobs. As DT said and as others restated it destroys the game and any real team work, not to mention it gives noobs some easy kills. If people could place non impact grenades in smart spots where it would kill me or someone i wouldnt mind it. But trying to rush someone say on a 2 on 1 is useless with them on. I would like them taken out of dp, but as everyone knows that wont happen so i would agree with Merl about getting them taken out of matches.

neo3000

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 07:51:01 PM »

DT im sorry to hear you think I hack.  I have better things to do than hack on a game played over the internet.  I have played this game for six years and I know how to play it.

As for the impact grenades, I think they should be gone, they require no skill and any newbie can pick one up and toss and get kills.  Hell I think the game would be better without grenades im general.

P!nk

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 09:07:58 PM »
Neo, to avoid flamefests with DT, I suggest you ask him to post the demo in another thread. So that then you both don't waste valuable arguments on circumstantial evidence. And, to your credit, you will have defeated DT on the forums by putting aside his charges and letting your peers be the judge of hack or not and restore your reputation. Which hencefar has been clean and respectable.