Author Topic: Bad-ish Guide thing!  (Read 2052 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Bad-ish Guide thing!
« on: October 24, 2005, 07:39:57 PM »
Okay, I don't actually remember writing this, so spare me.

"Some People" were complaining about there not being enough console command documentation. So, I decided to write this, both to quiet them and to practice typing using DVORAK. So, on with this.

--VERY BEGINNING--

Well, when you first start up the game, you'll want to set your settings (hence the name), but that's not what this tutorial's for. Just click on the 'settings' button and set stuff.
   Now you should set your more basic settings. But first, you should get rid of all the default key settings, called 'binds'. To do this, bring the console down by pressing '~'. Then, type in 'unbindall' (no spaces). Then, go to 'Settings' -> 'Layout'. There, set the main keys. You don't have to do all of them, but you can choose.

Once you've gotten those set, you should test them out.  To do that, bring down the console and type 'map midnight'. This will load up 'midnight.bsp' for you to jump around in. You may notice that you're only an observer. This is because there are no other players in the game. Luckily, Paintball has a useful feature that makes the game think there are other people. To do this, bring down the console and type 'debug1 1'. The game should start a countdown. Then, you'll finally be able to test your key settings.
   When you're finally done jumping the hell out of midnight, you`ll probably want to save those settings. So, go to 'Settings' -> 'Save Configuration', then choose a name for your config. To load it, go to 'Settings' -> 'Load Configuration', and choose your config.

Notes:
-To bind things from the console, type 'bind (key) (command)'
-'Map' will load up a client side map, for a server use 'newmap'

--MIDDLE--

Now, time to learn about alises. Alises are commands that you create that are actually a series of binds that you create. To assign an alias, type 'alias (alias name) (commands)'.

EX: You can choose to toss either a timed or impact grenade by using either 'tossgren impact' or 'tossgren timed'. I want my shift key to toggle between those two options when I press 'z'.  So, I would make these alises:

alias gren1 "echo Impact Grenades ; bind z gren2 ; bind shift tossgren impact"
alias gren2 "echo Timed Grenades ; bind z gren1 ; bind shift tossgren timed"

Now, we just need to bind gren1 to z. You should know how to do that.

loial21

• Autococker
Re: Bad-ish Guide thing!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »

"Some People" were complaining about there not being enough console command documentation. So, I decided to write this, both to quiet them and to practice typing using DVORAK. So, on with this.

--VERY BEGINNING--

Well, when you first start up the game, you'll want to set your settings (hence the name), but that's not what this tutorial's for. Just click on the 'settings' button and set stuff.
   Now you should set your more basic settings. But first, you should get rid of all the default key settings, called 'binds'. To do this, bring the console down by pressing '~'. Then, type in 'unbindall' (no spaces). Then, go to 'Settings' -> 'Layout'. There, set the main keys. You don't have to do all of them, but you can choose.

Once you've gotten those set, you should test them out. To do that, bring down the console and type 'map midnight'. This will load up 'midnight.bsp' for you to jump around in. You may notice that you're only an observer. This is because there are no other players in the game. Luckily, Paintball has a useful feature that makes the game think there are other people. To do this, bring down the console and type 'debug1 1'. The game should start a countdown. Then, you'll finally be able to test your key settings.
   When you're finally done jumping the hell out of midnight, you`ll probably want to save those settings. So, go to 'Settings' -> 'Save Configuration', then choose a name for your config. To load it, go to 'Settings' -> 'Load Configuration', and choose your config.

Notes:

--MIDDLE--

Now, time to learn about alises. Alises are commands that you create that are actually a series of binds that you create. To assign an alias, type 'alias (alias name) (commands)'.

EX: You can choose to toss either a timed or impact grenade by using either 'tossgren impact' or 'tossgren timed'. I want my shift key to toggle between those two options when I press 'z'. So, I would make these alises:

--VERY BEGINNING--

Once you've gotten those set, you should test them out. To do that, bring down the console and type 'map midnight'. This will load up 'midnight.bsp' for you to jump around in. You may notice that you're only an observer. This is because there are no other players in the game. Luckily, Paintball has a useful feature that makes the game think there are other people. To do this, bring down the console and type 'debug1 1'. The game should start a countdown. Then, you'll finally be able to test your key settings.

Notes:

--MIDDLE--

EX: You can choose to toss either a timed or impact grenade by using either 'tossgren impact' or 'tossgren timed'. I want my shift key to toggle between those two options when I press 'z'. So, I would make these alises:

Now with that said, any chance of making this more newb friendly . by having said cmds via gui menu?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 10:39:31 PM »
I don't understand at all what you're saying. And you somehow screwed up in pressing the 'Quote' button.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 05:32:42 PM »
They're already in the menu for the next version.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 06:15:25 PM »
EIO teach dont taunt !!

cmds = game commands

via = usign

gui= graphic user interfance

menu= menu

Bah!!!! your smarter  than that.  Now go away or I shall taunt you more, you smell english kaanigits

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 07:30:37 PM »
I'm not writing a guide for someone who's never used a computer before.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 08:37:39 PM »
I'm not writing a guide for someone who's never used a computer before.
Im not asking for that.

I would like a phat menu interface.

UHH pulls hair and bangs head on piano.!!!!

[GT]Snipen

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 04:03:31 AM »

easy on the pubs there and thats my organ loial

everyone

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 07:18:51 AM »
**** off Snipen you ****

CainAssassin

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 08:40:48 AM »
you have to post your actual name if you dont want to get arrested.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 09:44:21 AM »
That's actually true now, but I think it'll be a long time until someone does get in trouble with that.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 12:23:40 PM »
* jitspoe calls the Internet Police.

(IP for short.  Combine them with The City Police and you get TCP/IP)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 06:18:41 PM »

easy on the pubs there and thats my organ loial
Lol pervert.
*Slaps organ on your pate.