Author Topic: Hacking  (Read 13014 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: Hacking
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2005, 06:35:57 PM »
Small community of DPBers means not very much hack protection is required.. So why dont you just make something to assign us DPB Identification and ban when you see someone hacking..? Then when hack protection is implemented its not just "Kick".. but a huge reason not to hack.

Please outline a consistent method of IDing players that couldn't be exploited with relative ease by most of the people here.

Hardware bans such as punkbuster or Database of IPs that stores unique ids.. :)
Somethign is better than nuthing.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 11:47:23 PM »
The problem isn't that somtimes someone hacks, i can understand that i would be fun to do some time just too see how it works, th problem is that at this moment clans are using hack too.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 12:59:31 AM »
The problem isn't that somtimes someone hacks, i can understand that i would be fun to do some time just too see how it works, th problem is that at this moment clans are using hack too.

thanks captain obvious.  8)

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 05:23:02 AM »
Your welcome, sidekick smartypants. :P

thanks captain obvious. 8)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 07:02:45 AM »
Burn.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 07:43:23 AM »
pinobot...hehe
After your post, http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=1247.0 , I made it a point to give a nice warm hello to you when I saw you in play.

It went something like this:

S8N was eliminated
S8N: PINOBOT...from the forums...hi mate!!!
pinobot: HACK
pinobot was eliminated
pinobot: CHEAT
pinobot was eliminated
pinobot was eliminated
pinobot was eliminated
pinobot was eliminated
pinobot was eliminated
S8N: pinobot all you ever say is CHEAT and HACK

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 08:13:09 AM »
LIES

I don't say cheat ALL the time, that wouldn't be normal. Just now and then when i feel like saying cheat i just say cheat, just like some of you feel like cheating some times. What's wrong with that?
And i only say cheat if i feel like someone's cheating, like if someone's running around like a headless chicken not hitting anything and the next moment he owns like Bruce Lee in a retirement home for the disabled.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 09:21:03 AM »
no, pinobot, everytime i see you on a pub, you keep going like "CHEAT" and "HACKS" all the time, even if i tell you to shut up, so you might consider stopping that, for the pleasure of the rest of us. Its not like many people cheat/hack on a public server i think, but most people are just better than you, think about that. learn the game, learn to aim and move, then talk about hacks.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 09:34:59 AM »
maaaaaybe he is realty MYGOT...YES that's it.
I can see him sitting at his PC now... "rrRReeeeeeeeeee....CHEAT....rrRReeeeeeeeeeeee....HACK"

"i'M gOnNa 0wN u cigaretteoTS"

pinobot...don't get all defensive and shizzle...just making an observation...and the observation has been supported.
You can ignore it and go about your business, or you can listen to it and continue if you hate us, or chill out a bit cause you want to be a part of this community in a peaceful manner.

s'up to you mate.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 11:55:01 AM »
Just let me do my crying about cheating and dead enemys watching and giving directions to their teammates and you clans can cry about my camping.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 12:12:43 PM »
* S8NSSON humps penisbot's leg

Skater`

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2005, 01:49:31 PM »
PinoBot you say it every single time you play in a pub, its quite annoying. You suck, so you  think everyone is hacking.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2005, 02:14:51 PM »
Just let me do my crying about cheating and dead enemys watching and giving directions to their teammates and you clans can cry about my camping.

you're a newbie. just live with it.

Jimmy Nohands

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2005, 03:59:42 PM »
HACKS!

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2005, 04:04:28 PM »
Couldn't get out of the water on 2fort5 map and this cheating guy REZ said that jitspoe did that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 04:38:02 PM by pinobot »

BSoD

• Stingray
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2005, 04:32:59 PM »
Hardware bans such as punkbuster or Database of IPs that stores unique ids.. :)

So what I do is start fiddling with clock speeds or other hardware configuration, including swapping out drivers to ruin my ID, then go into the open source and just remove the IDing logic all together?
Storing IPs is equally as useless since the few with a static IP can just call their ISP.

The only reason a scheme like that works is when you've got something like Steam that basically forces you to give valve more money to get a new unbanned login. it

Reason a scheme like this works is that most users arent smart enough to do it and even with cheat protection you wont be able to stop the best of hackers.

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2005, 04:55:05 PM »
  Pinobot, I finally played in a pub with you, Boomer was in there (I was on your team). As said, everytime Boomer shot you, you cried Cheat!  I thought this was strange, why call someone a cheat when you're so new?  I played against Boomer for weeks before calling him a cheat. :)

(Sorry, I said that on the server that day... just thought it was funny so I'd repeat it here....)

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2005, 05:00:45 PM »
  By the pinobot, 2fort5 has underwater passages to get out of the water to some stairs, (and rez ownz).

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2005, 05:49:10 PM »
Reason a scheme like this works is that most users arent smart enough to do it and even with cheat protection you wont be able to stop the best of hackers.

It only takes CERTAIN PEOPLE COUGH COUGH to show others how to continue cheating. peenix isn't easy to use, but somebody took the time to modify DP for it (I have no idea where it came from, obviously something ported from Q2), making it just easy enough for most people.

Theoretically, you couldn't stop anybody. However, I'm fairly sure a solution could be created to effectively deal with pretty much everyone here - sadly, I'm not quite up to the task as much as I used to think I was.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2005, 06:01:10 PM »
By the pinobot, 2fort5 has underwater passages to get out of the water to some stairs, (and rez ownz).
I know that much, i played it before, but when i got to the end i couldn't get out, at first REZ said that he made me not get out of the water, later he said jitspoe made it so. I had to stand on the head of my teammate to get out of the water, my teammate couldn't get out either.