Author Topic: Very Questionable Question...  (Read 1085 times)

SgtFlufflz

• PGP
Very Questionable Question...
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:16:37 AM »
Ok, well I've wanted to start mapping but I don't like the mapping tools they give you to use... (BSP) and I was wondering if you can possibly use Gtk Radiant 1.5.0 which is another software but it doesn't include the game on there but it process's maps to be .map form. I've already converted a few of my maps from Enemy Territory onto the other one but I can't apply any textures too it. What I want to know is can I load textures into Gtk Radiant from Paint ball by possibly converting or using my own ones from the game. I would need to know the format of what type of images Paint ball takes and stuff. If this is possible I would be very grateful and make a whole shiz load of maps :3

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: Very Questionable Question...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:51:19 AM »
I remember reading about Gtk radiant 1.5.0 on this forum, some where.  Give it a search.
If you want to replace the textures of the map you have with Pb textures, copy the pball texture folder from the bsp directory and part the folder in the spot where radiant's texture directories are.  As I have said before, search Gtk radiant a search on these forums and see what you come up with.

Not doing anything important in programming so I gave it a search.
This topic looks like it has some usefull information.  I am unable to view the links though, due to the schools filter.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:21:14 AM »
GTKRadiant has a Quake 2 config, just use that. For the entities, you'll have to change the classnames by hand.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:28:33 AM »
 Or just do the entity in bsp..

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »
I think the entity file used for BSP might be compatible with Radiant.  I haven't tested it.