Author Topic: New Map: ParanoiD  (Read 3163 times)

Scratch

• PGP
New Map: ParanoiD
« on: March 07, 2008, 01:40:50 PM »
Hey guys,
i created a map which looks like Propaint and Airtime (Fusion). I wanted to call it ProTime but i called it ParanoiD
(paranoid_b1.bsp)
Downloadlink: http://uploaded.to/?id=plop66
The Map has some bugs, but they will fixed when i have time.
Have Fun!

Scratch

• PGP
Re: New Map: ParanoiD
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
I forgot the Screens  :-X

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 01:51:11 PM »
1. Basically you've ripped-off airtime.
2. Your map is unlit

I'm sure there will be others that are more critical....

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 01:52:24 PM »
I noticed in blue hibd there is a barrel which has blue and red on it? I think you should fix it. Also every blue barrel in low route you need to add the dots on the face of the barrels and r_speeds were 5000+. And light the map!!

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »
Ugh, here we go. (Edit: notice I only comment on the gameplay of the map, because aesthetically it's not so bad, it's just not good gameplay wise)

1) Unlit and unvis'd, these tie for #1 problem.
2) also might be leaked, didn't even check until after I posted this.
3) you wrecked all of propaint1's jumps
3.a) can't get on the barrel in low to line flag anymore, that excrement wasn't just decoration
3.b) mid is longer, my timing is off for all the mid jumps on this map
3.c) no hibd from grass, no bueno
3.d) etc
4) the jumps you did keep are all dead easy airtime 3 jumps, not the smartest idea.
5) clutterfest
6) spawn room would be confusing to new players, it's a spawn room that goes to another spawn room that finally takes you to the map. Yeah that would be fun to do every round for 30 or so rounds in a match plus respawns.
7) I can't even get into the rest of the map, I didn't even look at low besides the fact that I can't get on top of the barrels to line flag anymore.
8+) loads of misalignments, untransparent ice, and messed up barrel tops. Not to mention the clashing use of textures all over the place

Listen, you seem to have gotten somewhat of a grasp on how to make a map, but originality is key. Smashing your two favorite, overpubbed maps together and wiping away the blood does not make for a good map.

Those two maps are pubbed because people have fun playing them. By combining them you basically took two decent maps and made one sub-par map by keeping the theme from both but taking out all the things which make the maps fun.

I'm almost begging you not to finish this and do something original instead! We already HAVE airtime3 and propaint1, and they're overplayed as it is.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »
oh god not another one

Scratch

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 03:49:39 PM »
wow...
i know the most bugs before i published the map but not so many u told Deranged :-x . there are so many bugs because while i am mapping ill do other things too.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
Well my basic point was, the whole map is a bug. The whole idea is just wrong, do something original :)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 03:51:54 PM »
Propaint and airtime combined... delete this excrement.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »
Propaint and airtime combined... delete this excrement.

Agreed. Please remove this map from your PC and make a map from the top of your mind = Much much much better.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 04:45:34 PM »
Agreed. Please remove this map from your PC and make a map from the top of your mind = Much much much better.
All though I dislike the idea, I would have to say that the combination of the two maps is quite good.  Don't release this map though, the original creators of Airtime and Propaint will appreciate it.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 06:51:50 PM »
I dissagree. I think they could have been combined in a much less cluttered manner, and left most if not all of the propaint1 jumps in tact.

The fact is they are two maps each their own, trying to put two maps into one map is something that takes a careful, experienced hand, and lots of thinking through.

Your use of entities seems well done though, maybe next time you'll give us something we can truely appreciate :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 02:30:55 AM »
Did you decompile propaint1?  From the screenshots it looks like the barrels are even misaligned in the same way.

Also, due to the leak and lack of vis and lighting information, this map isn't suitable as a beta yet.

ril3s16

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 08:30:51 PM »
ok the mapis a great idea..
but lighting is bad, the jumps are really bad, and it needs a more AIRTIME feel.
PLEASE PLEaSE PLEASE upgrade this map

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 12:30:54 AM »
The map is a terrible idea.  It's not an idea it's a rip off.  Make your own map don't take other maps and put them together and claim it as your own.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 01:21:47 AM »
Aww i was going to put Carpathian and pbcup_pforest together.....*jokes*