Author Topic: Prime Grenades  (Read 8080 times)

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
Prime Grenades
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:50:58 PM »
Can you start a vote, or just take these out?  They're a complete waste and ruining the game.  All a person has to do is sit in his base wait for people to move in prime it and let go and the rounds over.  Also, people do that suicide excrement to make sure they don't get grabbed on or capped on.  I can live with this ball speed excrement but please but the nades back to timed only.  Make it a more fun game please, unless your intent on ruining this game even more.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Prime Grenades
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 10:07:50 PM »
Try not to stand together so much? I'm surprised you weren't this outraged over impact nades. At least primed grenades take some planning ahead.
And the suicide should be going away. I agree with you there.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 11:12:56 PM »
If possible, match servers should have primed nades turned off.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:15:15 AM »
Also, people do that suicide excrement to make sure they don't get grabbed on or capped on.
You can't suicide to prevent a cap.  While you could suicide to prevent a grab, you're guaranteeing the other team a point.  And what kind of crappy maps are you playing that 1 grenade would end the round?  Spawninabox?

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
When you're trying to play maps with those narrow entrances to base for example: roundup, midnight, and others it gets VERY annoying.  It really doesn't take any planning by the way.  Its the same thing as an impact nade except for the simple fact they need to hold the button in for a second or two.  Also, yes you can jits ive seen it done.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 10:28:18 AM »
You can't suicide to prevent a cap.  While you could suicide to prevent a grab, you're guaranteeing the other team a point.  And what kind of crappy maps are you playing that 1 grenade would end the round?  Spawninabox?

Lol you're such a newbie. He's not saying he's doing it and killing himself, he's saying the other team is doing when they have a 3v1 advantage and they want to grab the flag. So now say the other teams is up and you guys have a chance to grab the flags but the other guy just kills himself so that chance is gone. EXPERT PLANNING? I'd like to think so. Just another justification of why primed/impact grenades were a stupid idea in the first place.

Also you can tell how clueless you are because you don't even know how big of a joke grenades are and how strong they are. I should compile every gren death I have and atleast half of them are through walls or from 100 feet away.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »
Also, yes you can jits ive seen it done.
Could you post a demo?  If you're the last person alive and the other team has the flag, you shouldn't be able to suicide.

Primed grenades and timed grenades both take the same amount of time to go off, so you'd have to time them right either way.  If you prime a grenade and throw it at an entrance, or just throw it at an entrance, it still takes ~ 2 seconds to go off.  Either way, you have to anticipate when a player is going to be there.  Also, maps like midnight and roundup have multiple paths, so unless you're all lining up like lemmings, one grenade shouldn't be able to take out your entire team.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »
^^I've seen people try. It's funny watching someone try prime nade themselves and just seeing paaint fly all around them... especially if they're by themselves on the other side of the map. lol

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 11:41:14 AM »
People prime it so it acts like an impact nade.  Its apparently not hard since ive seen noobs do it.  If you dont want to take it out completely just add a function for match servers so they can make it timed only.

Since you dont match much i can understand why you are trying to say you have to anticipate people being in a certain place, even though i thought it was common sense..., my response to that is Recon.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 11:56:20 AM »
People prime it so it acts like an impact nade.  Its apparently not hard since ive seen noobs do it.  If you dont want to take it out completely just add a function for match servers so they can make it timed only.

Since you dont match much i can understand why you are trying to say you have to anticipate people being in a certain place, even though i thought it was common sense..., my response to that is Recon.
Request 'server side nade options'

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »
Err, if you take off just primed grenades, it will make no difference because all you have to do is chase your self-thrown timed grenade and wait for it to explode and wa-hey you're dead.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 12:46:23 PM »
Recon.
I think that's the bigger problem here.  I'm sure I'll catch some flak for this, but I still feel that ghosting or dead-man recon is effectively a form of wall hacking.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 12:50:39 PM »
I think that's the bigger problem here.  I'm sure I'll catch some flak for this, but I still feel that ghosting or dead-man recon is effectively a form of wall hacking.

This is the first game I'v played where I have been able to give away another players position while being dead. It doesn't happen in real paintball, but i guess theres nothing you can do to avoid it.

and ZL suck it up.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »
ZL catches all nades. this is pathetic. lock this.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 04:56:25 PM »
This is the first game I'v played where I have been able to give away another players position while being dead. It doesn't happen in real paintball, but i guess theres nothing you can do to avoid it.
Actually, there's a setting to lock the chasecam to your teammates.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 05:26:24 PM »
Obsblackout!

Or, even better, a 3-5 second delay for observers. And chasecam teamlock. :D
The whole clan-matches-based-on-recon thing is icky. :<

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »
First of all you cant die from chasing a timed nade and sitting on it.  Second,  even if you change it so they cant recon the point is if youre smart and you know the general area of the person all you have to do is prime and release.

I catch all the nades?  Sorry kinda hard to avoid them when they are in a narrow hall and explode right next to me before i have a chance to move, unlike timed. =/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:25:40 AM by ZeroLegend »

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 10:04:45 PM »
Can you start a vote, or just take these out?  They're a complete waste and ruining the game.  All a person has to do is sit in his base wait for people to move in prime it and let go and the rounds over.  Also, people do that suicide excrement to make sure they don't get grabbed on or capped on.  I can live with this ball speed excrement but please but the nades back to timed only.  Make it a more fun game please, unless your intent on ruining this game even more.

Well if you know that people can prime grenades, change your little ima rush strategy.

I say dont do something that will leave you exposed.

Think when you play.

Lol you're such a newbie. He's not saying he's doing it and killing himself, he's saying the other team is doing when they have a 3v1 advantage and they want to grab the flag. So now say the other teams is up and you guys have a chance to grab the flags but the other guy just kills himself so that chance is gone. EXPERT PLANNING? I'd like to think so. Just another justification of why primed/impact grenades were a stupid idea in the first place.

Also you can tell how clueless you are because you don't even know how big of a joke grenades are and how strong they are. I should compile every gren death I have and atleast half of them are through walls or from 100 feet away.

Dont get behind. Then you won't have to be put in that situation.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:46:54 PM by atmays »

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
Dont get behind. Then you won't have to be put in that situation.

Lol? Is this a serious statement?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 04:46:21 PM »
:O don't get behind..... excrement and my strategy for the past 3 years was to try and get behind first :(