Author Topic: Dedicated Server Problem  (Read 1578 times)

Lost_Freak

• PGP
Dedicated Server Problem
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »
Ok, if anyone could help me with this, that would be great.

Ok I made a dedicated server for my clan ]xV[, and I did exactly what the guide said to do, and even checked over it 2 times. So, after I do all of this stuff to get my server up, I click the shortcut to the game and a black box comes up like this http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff258/Lost_Bobby/HELPME.jpg

And then I can't play the game, I reclicked the shortcut and stuff, but I just don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME!!

skitzo

• Autococker
Re: Dedicated Server Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »
did you make 2 shortcuts? if you just made one it's just continuously going to restart your server. you have to make a second regular shortcut without the edited properties.

Lost_Freak

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 05:47:08 PM »
Yes, I did that, it works now.

But now I have to get my server past my firewall

hehe lol fun stuff

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:04:26 PM »
I swear Im going to start banning people for making posts about server problems before they start searching for answers first.....

Lost_Freak

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 04:54:54 PM »
umm sorry I am not perfect like you, this is my first try, and I did look for answers but I am not exactly tech savvy, so I wanted to ask for help, but whatever...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 07:29:57 PM »
Perfect isn't the word for it.  Lazy is.

Al you had to do was click here and read the most recent posts of others having problems.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »
I don't think anyone else has recently made Lost_Freak's mistake of screwing up his shortcut, KnacK.

Lost_Freak

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 07:15:49 PM »
Thank you sk89q, but I am not going to make a big deal of this, and please don't call me lazy, I have a life, I wanted to make a quick post and then I had to go to a party.