Author Topic: 2v2 ff  (Read 6653 times)

Prime24

• VM-68
2v2 ff
« on: May 01, 2008, 04:22:15 PM »
I was playing unpro in a 2v2 that i had asked for earlier and during the first map (their map) a member of unpro had to eat dinner. the member whom stayed didnt want to give up and wanted to continue 1v2. i didnt want to waste my time playing him 1v2 and from what i know he would have to forfeit because he can not carry out the 2v2. Any opinions on this matter?

also here are the links of the snapshots i took after he left.

http://i28.tinypic.com/oqf67t.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2afad50.jpg

eMo

• VM-68
Re: 2v2 ff
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »
One opinion would be my dinner was very good.
One fact is that we both agreed on that the 2v2 wasn't a match but a scrim.

So this bring me to why are you bringing this to the forum like a little kid.

And yes, cade probably could of took you 2v1 on that map, grow up it's a game

P.S. Your cute taking screen shots of a scrim..

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 04:29:34 PM »
"One fact is that we both agreed on that the 2v2 wasn't a match but a scrim."

Point out to me when and where i said it was a match? and also i could be wrong about this so posted it on the forums to get some insight.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 04:31:38 PM »

i could be wrong about this so posted it on the forums to get some insight.

Wrong about what, it was your choice not to carry on 2v1, I really don't see the problem here kiddo.

If you got problems with my clan talk to me, instead of brining this nonsense to the forums to get attention..

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »
If you got problems with my clan talk to me, instead of brining this nonsense to the forums to get attention..
When did i say i had problems with your clan?

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »
.....Then why would you bring this here man.
I don't get what the whole problem is.

- It was a scrim worth nothing...
- I left leaving it 2v1
- Cade wanted to 2v1, you didn't so you left the server.

soo.. whats the problem?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »
Nobody here cares about your game.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
Nobody here cares about your game.

true

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »
In my opinion, beating some one 2v1 wouldn't take very long (unless u blow)  i would finish to win instead of being a whiny female dog about it.

unless u felt like u couldn't handle Cade and his Pr0-n3ss (still, grow a pair)

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 05:47:37 PM »
who cares?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 06:31:28 PM »
true
then why the intercourse are you writing about it?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »
ok, i'll officially make it a ff, and I just put it on the record... thnx gg done

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 09:36:46 PM »
The one scrim does not matter. But the larger question does.

If it had been a match does a team lose by dropping below the initial number agreed to? Or can the person play on short-handed?

Are there any current guidelines or is it just up to the teams?

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 11:50:26 PM »
then why the intercourse are you writing about it?
im not specifically writing about the game. i am writing about the bigger picture here

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 11:50:56 PM »

If it had been a match does a team lose by dropping below the initial number agreed to? Or can the person play on short-handed?

this is what i mean

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 12:57:05 AM »

Personally i would say it was a Forfeit. I remember playing dream in a 2vs2 and Zit[Slicky] dropped out until the end of that map then came back after the map had finished and rejoined, i think it is really unfair if you are able to do this.
Is there a match guideline?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 04:02:18 AM »
the point is:  who cares.  Because there are no official rules that anyone has to agree to before starting a match, and while your matches or scrims are not part of any kind of organized competition (league, tournament), there's no point whining about the other team's actions. They left, you didnt want to play, alright. game over, nothing happened. if you care about your record (although it was a scrim, right?), then be sure that most if not any clans have fake or boosted records. who cares.

m7feettall:  organized competition usually has rules about the minimum player count and forfeits. but this is just a scrim.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 09:50:57 AM »

m7feettall:  organized competition usually has rules about the minimum player count and forfeits. but this is just a scrim.

The one scrim does not matter

Personally i would say it was a Forfeit. I remember playing dream in a 2vs2 and Zit[Slicky] dropped out until the end of that map then came back after the map had finished and rejoined, i think it is really unfair if you are able to do this.
Is there a match guideline?

If there is not then it may just be something that you have to stipulate at the beginning.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
     This shouldn't be such a brain teaser. The forfeit is on whomever abandons or is unable to play the match/scrim. The basic fact is that you made a decision for Cade that he is unable to even attempt finishing the match, despite his wiliness to do so. Thats just not your choice to make regardless of how justified you feel by knowing he general skill level.

Hopefully you're not so enthralled with your own playing that you couldn't imagine a situation where a solo player, either through luck or raw skill, could beat your partner and you (or any two players for sake of argument). What you did was to make some fairly large assumptions about Cade's skill, and even worse all the possible ways of the match unfolding, and decided their is no chance of him winning. I would say its plain prejudice and even discrimination.

A few other simplistic points;

1.) You agreed to play a match/scrim, and you probably assumed you'd spend a certain amount of time playing it. You're
not "wasting time" by continuing to play for what would most likely be a shorter match. If its easier then it would probably take less time than originally planned for and you would "gain time".

1.) There are many situations in sports where a team can be down a significant portion of their team and still carry on the game. As long as the remaining team members can still fulfill the postions or basic gameplay then it should be seen as nothing but a strong disadvantage. Since DP doesn't have positions, and more important has a very loose, flowing gameplay, its impossible to say that any player couldn't perform the duties of the game. A few "nob skills" alone like camping, hiding, and flag lining would allow for a pretty close game.

Although it seems like most people would simply forfeit in a situation like this, he didn't, and there is no substantial reason to make him quit besides your own perception of how he plays and how the match will progress. Bottom line, if you can picture just one incredible player being able to take you and your teammate on in a 2v1, than you have to allow Cade the same unbiased chance. The choice just isn't yours to make for him. 

mewa.rules

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »
     This shouldn't be such a brain teaser. The forfeit is on whomever abandons or is unable to play the match/scrim. The basic fact is that you made a decision for Cade that he is unable to even attempt finishing the match, despite his wiliness to do so. Thats just not your choice to make regardless of how justified you feel by knowing he general skill level.

Hopefully you're not so enthralled with your own playing that you couldn't imagine a situation where a solo player, either through luck or raw skill, could beat your partner and you (or any two players for sake of argument). What you did was to make some fairly large assumptions about Cade's skill, and even worse all the possible ways of the match unfolding, and decided their is no chance of him winning. I would say its plain prejudice and even discrimination.

A few other simplistic points;

1.) You agreed to play a match/scrim, and you probably assumed you'd spend a certain amount of time playing it. You're
not "wasting time" by continuing to play for what would most likely be a shorter match. If its easier then it would probably take less time than originally planned for and you would "gain time".

1.) There are many situations in sports where a team can be down a significant portion of their team and still carry on the game. As long as the remaining team members can still fulfill the postions or basic gameplay then it should be seen as nothing but a strong disadvantage. Since DP doesn't have positions, and more important has a very loose, flowing gameplay, its impossible to say that any player couldn't perform the duties of the game. A few "nob skills" alone like camping, hiding, and flag lining would allow for a pretty close game.

Although it seems like most people would simply forfeit in a situation like this, he didn't, and there is no substantial reason to make him quit besides your own perception of how he plays and how the match will progress. Bottom line, if you can picture just one incredible player being able to take you and your teammate on in a 2v1, than you have to allow Cade the same unbiased chance. The choice just isn't yours to make for him. 

mewa.rules

mewa u missed the whole point. no1 cares about the game itself but what should be done in this situation. also i would be wasting time becuase i could have got another scrim/match instead of doing a 1v2. Also i was not saying cade can not beat us i was saying he could not carry a 2v2.