Author Topic: LOL. My menu's look like a little kid threw cake at the ground. (No joke)  (Read 2036 times)

dukeisdog

• PGP
Ok. So yesterday I took my computer out of my room, and brought it downstairs. For some reason, it restet everything to my old default settings, which is weird. I wasn't able to go into fullscreen, which really ticked me off, because when I'm not in FS, i lag LOTS. I eventually figured it out, and was happy again.

So earlier today, at about 4:00 my time, which is right after I get home from school, I open up paintball to go play a game of Syncmasters Cable UB Cliff, and the whole menu and everything is smeared. I can't click on anything, because there aren't even any links to "Join Game" or go to adjust my "Settings".

I'd love to take a Screenie so that it'd be a bit more easier for you guys to somehow fix this problem, but there isn't a default screenshot setting, and I didn't need to take a S.S earlier, so I didn't set it to my normal button.

I REALLY wanna play paintball tonight, or tomorrow, but I'm to computer stupid to figure it out myself. I've tried everything. I couldn't find a console command or anything, so if someone can somehow help me, please post.

Thanks.  ;D

Edit -- Before anybody asks, yes I've re-installed Build 21, AND the update, and still nothing.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
F12 is the default binding for a screenshot (I believe).

eMo

• VM-68
F12 is the default binding for a screenshot (I believe).
or, hit your print screen button and paste it into 'paint' and save it

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
That works too.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Are you sure you just don't need to clean your monitor??

;D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Sounds like something is screwed up on your video card (or monitor, as KnacK suggested).

dukeisdog

• PGP
Ok. I got a picture.

I'd also like to say that I was trying to fix the screen size in paintball, so it would be a little bit bigger, and easier to play.

Here's the pic.

As you can clearly see, I put the game too big to fit my screen. As soon as I accepted the changes, this happened. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Looks more like a bar code than cake.

Type "gl_mode 3" at the console (hit ~ to get to the console).

dukeisdog

• PGP
LOL.

Well either or.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

dukeisdog

• PGP
Yeah. Sorry for double post.

It did work. I can now select going into games and fixing settings, and all of that stuff.

I was just about to play a game of UB cliff (Syncmasters Cable),  and now this is happening with my screen. It's not a HUGE problem, but I'd much prefer that I can play in fullscreen, because it reduces lag.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
That's actually supposed to make the game run faster, but it's kind of pointless when you can just set the screen size smaller.  Try these:

Hit the + key.
"sizeup" at the console
"viewsize 100" at the console

dukeisdog

• PGP
Well when I play FS, it seems to run much better.

So something like this?

+ sizeup viewsize 100 ?

Like all in one?

Edit: Nvm. Figured it out. Thanks a lot Jitspoe.  ;D