Author Topic: How Do You Play DP?  (Read 15031 times)

Dukky

• Stingray
Re: How Do You Play DP?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2008, 09:32:19 AM »
I play windowed so I can do other stuff as well, like talk on msn etc.

The annoying thing with windowed is that when you open it and go on something else, and it loads, your mouse gets stuck and so you have to task manager > switch program to change

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »
i don't have any recent shots of my desktop. so here is an old one. still looks the same, aside from a few misc stickers here and there.

^^^ my gaming slippers. also, i don't have that keyboard anymore. excrement crapped out in like 2 weeks. i have a saitek eclipse 2 now.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 12:18:16 PM »
You know those are surround sound speakers, right? =] I have them too.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2008, 03:24:49 PM »
yah. i had them like that for a bit. but i finally got around to mounting them onto the walls.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2008, 04:23:44 PM »
I play windowed so I can do other stuff as well, like talk on msn etc.

The annoying thing with windowed is that when you open it and go on something else, and it loads, your mouse gets stuck and so you have to task manager > switch program to change
If it gets stuck Alt-Tab to Paintball or the app you want to go to.  Or hit the Windows button and the start menu will pop up and it will take you out of the game.  Also thats another reason its windowed.  Mines 640x480.

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »
It just does.  I can't stare at it for more than 5 minutes.  Nothing I play is full screen.

You're probably playing at 60Hz. 75Hz is pretty standard and causes me no eye strain. However, I can see 60Hz "flickering" and it quickly begins straining my eyes and typically gives me a headache. You've probably got your desktop resolution/bit-depth set up with 75 or higher, but in-game, it's going back to 60. Your monitor usually shows the current refresh rate in the settings somewhere; it is typically different for each resolution.

You can change the refresh rate under your windows monitor settings, and if you have trouble with that, can try something like ReForce to set it (although ReForce does small things like causing Battlefield 2 to not start up).

edit: Yes, windowed does have its advantages. I play all my Source games windowed just because it gives me a few more FPS (I play them at widescreen so the task bar just fits in perfectly) and I can easily open up firefox or something while a map is downloading.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2008, 10:55:28 PM »
Well, I think its at 75Hz and 1152x768 or something.  Can't exactly check right now.  Umm, also why would it change in Paintball?  1152x768 is default with 75Hz so how would that affect Paintball when I play it at that?

XaneX

• Stingray
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »
i play at a library downtown, they dont allow flash photography.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2008, 01:06:49 AM »
Rofl, don't you have internet at home?  Wow...  Does anyone else do the same?  Or do u have a excrement computer in your room like I have. 

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2008, 01:28:55 AM »
i play at a library downtown, they dont allow flash photography.
Turn the flash off and hold the camera very still.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2008, 01:42:38 AM »
Turn the flash off and hold the camera very still.
Doesn't that mean photography all together though?  I tried that once at some school thing that I thought was really funny and got my phone taken off me.  There was a sign outside saying "No Flash Photography".  I was surprised by it as well.

XaneX

• Stingray
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 01:45:17 AM »
i was kidding about the library thing, but my alienware crashed and im waiting on a new hard drive and stuff, so in the meantime im playing at my grandparents, where i get about 50 fps's.. :/

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2008, 02:15:09 AM »
Anything below 200fps I hate :P.  At least you don't play at a library, their internet connections are shiittttttttttttty.  I remember using one and took about 2 minutes to load google, let alone a game... or a page like this.

Laged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2008, 03:50:19 AM »
Cameron: The 2 first years I played digital paintball I had a 33k modem. It doesn't affect that much.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »
i used to play at an internet cafe that is behind my house. the owner has some nice built computers there specifically for gaming.