Author Topic: Bannin People  (Read 3909 times)

M3YGG --DN--

Bannin People
« on: December 20, 2005, 12:18:44 PM »
1. if you ever see ubapenguin or similar on a server where you admin rights kick them.

2. ubapenguin and newbie came on to my server (PBDN Pub 1) and hacked the remote admin sction making thmselves lvl 50 admins. They then played away to their hearts content kicking both me and my lvl 150 admin assistant.

3. how do you permently ban someone from a server?

Thx.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Bannin People
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 09:23:40 PM »
Type "addip <ip address>" then type "writeip".  Actually, both of these commands don't work quite right in the current version and will be fixed for the next release.  For some reason addip is looking for the second parameter, so just type the ip address twice.  Writeip creates a "listip.cfg" in the root directory instead of the configs directory, so you'll need to move it over and I think add "exec listip.cfg" to your server.cfg.

DRAGON NET

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 06:48:42 AM »
THX JITSPOE

DRAGON NET

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 02:28:43 PM »
I found  out uba penguin is the alexmo from PbDc jitspoe bann him plz!!

M3YGG

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 11:32:59 AM »
where do you add exec listip.cfg, in the file server.cfg?

MosheD

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 11:55:07 AM »
type it in the console

addip /iphere\

u dont need a cfg for it..

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 12:18:03 PM »
Just put it at the end.  It doesn't really matter.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »
First of all, you can't kick people with lvl 50 admin...you can only change maps and forcejoin.

Also, if its a home server wont the ban be lifted once the server is closed ten restarted?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 12:40:47 PM »
That's the whole point of listip.cfg -- to save bans after a server restart.

Dragon Net

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 10:04:05 AM »

ok u lost me there lol

m2ygg

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 10:23:31 AM »
on my server you can kick at lvl 10,

so if i open the console and type writeip [ip address] hit enter and the person will be banned?

or am i wrong, bring it back to basics please

and also how do you temp ban?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 11:43:43 AM »
No, you use "addip <address> <address>" (because it's broken, in the next version you'll only need the address once) then writeip.  Writeip saves it to a file called listip.cfg (which is also broken, because it should save it in the configs directory, but doesn't, so you have to manually copy it over and execute it if you want to keep the bans).

The command for temp ban is tban, I think.  I can't remember if it's tban <address> <time> or the other way around.  WARNING: There's currently no way to unban a temp ban.  It either has to expire or the server has to be restarted.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »
Type "players" in console, look fo rthe player u want to tempban, and get his player id ( # )

Then type "tban # minutes"

DN

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 04:01:23 AM »
oh so thats how you temp-ban thx man. 8)

TM>>>

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 04:08:12 AM »
Alexmo is not Uberpenguin, I saw both f them on the same server several times so be quiet. Also, how would they hack in a to a server without anypaswords. Through the DP game, yeah right, there is a way to get some files but it is extremly hard and I am sure that probably no-one, not even Jitspoe can do this. So shut up and stop blaming PBDc for everything. Another thing, stop saying our clan ripped yours. We were around way before you and lets look at what your current name it, PBDN, were PBDC, RIP!!! Man your so sad, stop trying to get other people banned from a free game. Just cause you cant control your temper and get lairy all the time. Face it, you got kicked from our caln for being an idiot and insulting clan members. Now stop trying to get them all banned just because we don't like you and don't want you in our clan. I don't start flaming you pointlessly unless you start it. Notice how whenever I go on a server an you are there I don't start insulting you. I only do it when you start saing dumb things about me, my friends, my clan or being a detective in general. Which is nearly all the time. So shut up!

Dragon Net

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 03:21:50 PM »
shut up alexmo admited it u fool!

TM>>>

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 02:58:36 AM »
piss of, you just flame these fools and act like a detective on the game. Seriously, I would enjoy the game so much more if evertime i go on the forums or log on I get, waaa waaaa, please kick alexmo, i think he hack, waaa waaaa. or mabey, I hate oscar, hes a loser, waaaa waaaa ban him please waaaaa waaaaa. Just shut up.

How do you find out the peoples IP address'?

Dragon Net

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 03:33:08 AM »
you idiot you comnplete idiot you just dont get it do you.....
 you find peoples ip address bye when you go on to that serevr you are connecting to that ip address and when you get in the game you open console go up and it should say the number

e.g. connecting to: 159.168.9.200:27910

MosheD

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 05:17:11 AM »
omfg... wtf is going on with the forums?
A month ago there wasnt that kind of newbie spam... y must u try to solve your problems in a open forum? y cant u use msn icq mirc or whatever? It seems like dragon net replyed every single post in this forum... o_O plz stop that.
In this threath u got a question we answered ur question and now u can ignore the post.. and u dont have to use it for personal problem...
thx a lot :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 06:15:44 AM »