Author Topic: Maps Don't Work On Server  (Read 1484 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Maps Don't Work On Server
« on: July 25, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
A couple days ago I started a server and when I started it I got an error that map info files are missing for nml, pbcup_pbsanctuary, pbcup_pforest, and rugged country . In nml I also noticed the elevator when used goes out of the sky and doesn't come back until I levae that map and come back to it again. I don't think that map info files would effect this any idea why this happens I'm guessing I need a .ent to fix it. If anyone has a .ent or knows another way to fix it it would be great if you'd reply with it.
Thanks, Apoc

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Maps Don't Work On Server
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:40:52 PM »
The mapinfo files aren't necessary - the elevator problem is an old one caused by the map being up for a long time.  It's pretty rare, though.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »
The mapinfo files aren't necessary - the elevator problem is an old one caused by the map being up for a long time.  It's pretty rare, though.
I said in my post I didn't think that was what caused it but it is always best to be sure. Do you have any idea how to fix that jits?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 02:21:42 PM »
The only cause I'm aware of is the map running for an exceptionally long period of time.  Usually maps get cycled through, so it's very rare that the issue is seen.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 07:48:17 AM »
Well it should work now but I have to fix up my server a bit before I re host it.