Author Topic: [feature] New weapons, Diving, and Sprint  (Read 5078 times)

WEK

• PGP
[feature] New weapons, Diving, and Sprint
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:53:14 AM »
Hi. I only just started playing Digital Paintball yesterday, and I'm extremely happy with it. Very fast paced, and extremely fun to play. However, I find that it lacks a varying amount of weapons, all the different weapons seem to do, is shoot faster, or slower. So, I thought of a few ideas for new weapons.

Sniper: Not really a long range weapon, but it would have a different cross-hair to improve accuracy, and it's paintballs, would go longer before dipping down. And maybe it's paintballs would travel faster.

Shotgun: Close range, as it shoots, it fires 4-5 paintballs spread out in the genral direction the person is facing. It's shoots would dip to the floor after around three feet.

Paint Grenade Launcher: Allows you to hold more paint grenades and aim the paint grenades better.

Plus: Diving, which would be something like double tapping space bar would make your charcter dive in the direction you're holding, making them travel faster, but then taking away to ability to jump for around 1 second. Kind of like fatigue.

Sprint: Would allow a person to run faster in a controllable way, but without being able to shoot.

A little more information. All I'm hoping for is a discussion, and then maybe putting it up for vote.

Also about the guns. If it gets implemented, I would like for them to be new models.

iced

• 68 Carbine
Re: [feature] New weapons, Diving, and Sprint
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 11:03:29 AM »
dude remember this is paintball...there arent sniper's and shotguns and paint grenade launchers in paintball...diving as already been discussed and wont make it into this game...and there already is a feature for sprinting...you can find it in the move section under controls (its called always run)

WEK

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
Yes, I know that this is paintballl, but this is digital paintball, and shouldn't be what everyone has wanted paintball to be? Being able to shoot your friends from far away, or really messing them up up close in the face with 5 bullets at the same time. I understand why diving wouldn't be added, it could make it alot more difficult to hit people.

And thanks for telling me about that always run. :D

Holo

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:07:56 AM »
No one aims in this game anyways....

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 11:10:13 AM »
thats what YOU want paintball to be...oh and also its not bullets...they're called paintballs

and np

WEK

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:17:34 AM »
Okay, yes, it is just what I want paintball to be, but still the shotgun is a possible idea.

wallpainter08

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:44:22 AM »
Well I for starters I have a couple of things...

1.  change your crosshairs...itll make it feel like a different gun the command "sv_crosshairs" and then a number between 1 and 13  (correct me if the commands are wrong)
2.  To put more guns would mean all maps would have to implement the new ones first of all.  Maybe if you started playing a couple of years early it would have changed.
3.  Third, people would have to like them and I dont think Jitsope would add them any time soon.
4.  Paintball grenade launchers are available in gwars and if more people want them they would be in more maps.
5.  I already suggested diving/sliding whatever you want to call it...check it out its one of my threads.
6.  You can add tripping which works like your plan to make people stop strafing

These are my comments and if I made a mistake someone please point it out.

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »
also jitspoe dosent even have enough time to keep up with the bans let alone create new guns to be put into this game

and no there will never be shotguns or sniper rifles in this game

wallpainter08

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 01:12:09 PM »
yeah we really got to get someone on those bans...we should have a forum topic dedicated to choosing maybe a couple of people to help jitspoe with the bans...I mean not like the committee but someone who can actually ban someone.

I am real sorry WEK but this stuff is not happening.

WEK

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »
It's okay. I was just opening them up for discussion. And I understand why he is so busy. Creating a game must be difficult, and getting rid of bugs, and making sure everything on this site, and in-game runs smoothly, is top priority.

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 02:56:11 PM »
i dont think hes busy working on this game...hes prob busy with his red storm job

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
I had no idea that Jits had a spokesperson.....

Sammich

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 03:25:52 PM »
Hey wek.
Great ideas, but still you have to realize this is a game based off of paintball. You're not going to see a lot of these because people just want an arcadey experience, also how the game's paintguns are real markers, and I haven't heard of a paintball shotgun (lest you mean a pump action.)

Also, tripping is already implemented, at least up in build 21.

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
I had no idea that Jits had a spokesperson.....

now you know...

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 05:32:12 PM »
I have an idea!

Go play quake 2.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 06:04:32 AM »
ooh, the sarcasm is killing me.

I had an idea, and was looking for a topic like this to put it in as it really doesnt need another topic. I was thinking of stun grenades. You can get them in real life paintball, and they would add a new dimension to the game, and would help to stop maps like shazam33 being repetative. The only problem that I can see is that in normal stun grenades, it only affects you when you can see it. Now, different fov settings ean that you can see more/less. This would make it unfair on people that can cope with higher fovs and don't want to have to change to the regular 90 to stop themselves from getting stunned as much.

I really hope that i don't get flamed for this, but I'm opening it up for discussion.

wallpainter08

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 06:37:40 AM »
It is not a bad idea but I dont know how the rest of the community will take it.  But maybe it would be like a paint gernade that stuns up to a certain area even if you cannot see it.  But I would have to try it out before I can give youa final answer.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 11:39:47 AM »
This game needs more conc jumping.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 09:29:11 PM »
You can't use stun grenades in paintball.  Where would you get such an outlandish idea?

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 12:39:02 AM »
You can't use stun grenades in paintball.  Where would you get such an outlandish idea?

They worked fine in TFC, man.