Author Topic: Suggestions for a computer?  (Read 3497 times)

flamer

• 68 Carbine
Suggestions for a computer?
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:14:21 PM »
Hi,

I am thinking about buying a new computer good enough to be able to play games like Dp2 without too much lags.

I wanna spend a maximum of $ 850 Canadian.

What are your suggestions, what would contain the computer and where can i buy it.

Thanks

-Flamer

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: Suggestions for a computer?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »
Have no lag depends on the internet connection too.  If you have a fast computer but horrible internet, you are just wasting your money.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 06:14:47 PM »
ok thanks... I was talking a lil bit more about Graphic Card

but any computer suggestions?

Thanks for replies

-Flamer

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »
What type of computer do you currently have?
What type of internet do you have?  how fast?

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:19:27 PM »
ima ask this to my Brother lol... but i currently dont have any computer...

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 12:28:48 AM »
What ever you do, DO NOT BUY A PREBUILT!!!!!!!! You will be wasting so much money just for the fact that everything is assembled at the factory. You will be able to get a better bang for the buck if you build your own computer, and it isn't hard at all.

Start making a list of everything you need ie, motherboard, CPU, PSU, HDD, DVD Drive, case, graphics card, etc.

If you don't know what you need to build yourself a computer, google is a really good place to start, but if you need opinions on what to get then go here:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2757436 , or you can ask us here.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 01:28:51 PM »
... I suggest buying a prebuilt, seeing as he has to ask his brother just what kind of internet connection he has... Most likley he has little knowledge of computers/components and troubleshooting if anything went wrong.

Sorry but I don't know about computer prices or canadian money. But if you tried to build one yourself, if anything goes wrong putting it together, you'd have to know exactly what part went bad, or you'd be stuck. If you buy one from a store prebuilt, if its bad or messes up within (90) days or however long, you can return it and they'd take care of everything. Safer for computer illiterate.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 06:09:37 PM »
ok thanks ima think about all this

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 06:42:40 PM »
... I suggest buying a prebuilt, seeing as he has to ask his brother just what kind of internet connection he has... Most likley he has little knowledge of computers/components and troubleshooting if anything went wrong.

Sorry but I don't know about computer prices or canadian money. But if you tried to build one yourself, if anything goes wrong putting it together, you'd have to know exactly what part went bad, or you'd be stuck. If you buy one from a store prebuilt, if its bad or messes up within (90) days or however long, you can return it and they'd take care of everything. Safer for computer illiterate.

+1

Great advice. Whenever I have a relative that wants a new pc, I steer them towards Dell or Gateway as they both have tech support.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 02:19:32 AM »
and dont forget acer or toshiba (although toshiba doesnt make desktop pcs).

i dont know anything about the reliability of acer's desktops, but i've had good luck with the laptops i've bought from them. also their tech support was exceptional the first and only time i had to use it (hard drive crash under warranty). not only did i get a native english speaker, but the service center is in Temple, TX. got my new hd in 2 days flat after putting the old one in the mail.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »
my acer laptop is TEH SUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 12:15:01 PM »
lol why? mine is teh awesome.

edit: cola whats the deal? supposedly you've been making replies but i can't see them.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:14:36 PM by webhead »

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 06:42:41 PM »
Nah. If you get a refurbished computer or a computer that's on sale, it will be considerably cheaper than building your own. You also don't incur the cost of time. Then again, I live down here in SoCal, where there are computer stores (including several Fry's) everywhere (and everything else).

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 12:37:23 PM »
Nah. If you get a refurbished computer or a computer that's on sale, it will be considerably cheaper than building your own. You also don't incur the cost of time. Then again, I live down here in SoCal, where there are computer stores (including several Fry's) everywhere (and everything else).

Hmm, I never thought about that.