Author Topic: Looking for a clan  (Read 2084 times)

sif

• PGP
Looking for a clan
« on: August 31, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
Hi guys.

I appreciate that there are at least a dozen 'i need a clan' threads but i don't recognize and of the clans that are recruiting.

I've been on DP2 for over a year and i play mainly on the OTB Speed server against the likes of Xavi, The Emulator, Loony and such like.

I want to join  clan as i play at least 2 hours a day and competative matches are the only other thing that's going to further my game. That, and i don't want to join some looser like 1meankiller who is starting all the threads on here and looking like some sad, desperate loser kid.

I'm on irc as well so if anybody wants to leave any messages on here telling me to meet them on their channel or telling me to intercourse off then please feel free to do so!

Thanks in advance

Sif/SifEllis

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Looking for a clan
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:07:43 AM »
team_uti

showstopper

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:54:58 AM »
Hey man. You looking for a clan, well I got an offer, if you're interested. The clan is The United, [UNT]. We've been on DP2 for about 2 years  now, and are interested on having new members join. I can't say you'll get accepted because we are going to have to try you out, but other than that, if you're interested please contact me.
Email: TheNewKid578@aol.com
Screen Name: TheNewKid578

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 01:06:10 PM »
#team_flawless is lookin for some members

8bit

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »
"That, and i don't want to join some looser like 1meankiller who is starting all the threads on here and looking like some sad, desperate loser kid."

Comments like that make you look bad to clan leaders. If you changed your attitude a little you might get more interest. If you want people to give you tryouts you should show them demos of you playing, screenshots of your score in previous clan matches/public matches, and most importantly-show good sportsmanship. Dedication, skill, clean record, and good sportsmanship is generally what a clan looks for in players they recruit. [I know there are many clans out there that let everyone in who wants to be in but those usually are unorganized and have issues. Often clans like that are like a "flavor of the week" so I'm taking in the idea that you aren't looking for a clan like that.]

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:26:14 AM »
"That, and i don't want to join some looser like 1meankiller who is starting all the threads on here and looking like some sad, desperate loser kid."

Comments like that make you look bad to clan leaders. If you changed your attitude a little you might get more interest. If you want people to give you tryouts you should show them demos of you playing, screenshots of your score in previous clan matches/public matches, and most importantly-show good sportsmanship. Dedication, skill, clean record, and good sportsmanship is generally what a clan looks for in players they recruit. [I know there are many clans out there that let everyone in who wants to be in but those usually are unorganized and have issues. Often clans like that are like a "flavor of the week" so I'm taking in the idea that you aren't looking for a clan like that.]

Comment like that made him look good in my eyes.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »
Comment like that made him look good in my eyes.
+1

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 11:42:54 AM »
ya, leaders don't care about demo's or seeing screenshots. And if you've been on some team's IRC channels you'd see their "sportsmanship" :P    I's say if they're fun, skilled, and not annoying are top 3, not annoying being a major part :P

Everyone's worried about numbers to recruit falling, so they're not too picky.

d245470k

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:18:27 PM »
Thankyou blaa, flip & Justin.

I'm glad you sensed the humour there. Although it is nice to receive a lecture from the 3 post proffessor further up the page, i wholeheartidly endorse Justin's way of thinking. A bit of banter, a good laugh and skillfull members are what i'm looking for. I'm not trying to work my way up the British monarchy with sportsmanship and elecution lessons.

Should have something sorted with Baz clan pretty soon.