Author Topic: Players Joining Mid Match  (Read 5233 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Players Joining Mid Match
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »
Actually its not your decision to add another player to the match.  If you or they requested a 3v3, you will play a 3v3 unless BOTH teams agree on adding another player.  Some teams like to have smaller numbers playing, some like bigger numbers.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 08:25:05 PM »
I understand some teams might not want to add players.  But is it really necessary to have 6+ people in a server for a 3v3 when they won't even sub?  Let alone have the extras sit there and talk crap to the other team. 

I'm not saying they have to play I'm just saying keep the numbers of subs down if they aren't going to play them and definitely keep them quiet.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 08:40:05 PM »
You just have to /ignore them.  It doesn't matter how many people are in the server watching, if they don't want to sub because they are winning, fine.  They will sub when there is a need to, eg when one of the players is slacking off.

memi

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 03:10:33 AM »
Well i was in a clan idk which but theres was a player of us he did let them win and asked to join their clan ( he left our clan ) they sed no that guy wanted to join back so we sed no tho cus he made us losse

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »
I think memi's example is something else, really nothing to do with players joining mid match.

RazAN

• Stingray
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
did the guy join in mid of match have a clan for the match?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 09:00:51 PM »
did the guy join in mid of match have a clan for the match?

Have you read the entire thread?

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »
Once upon a time I wrote out a "match rule guide" if you will. It was fairly detailed but I never posted it. At the time I thought it wouldn't be received well and it probably wouldn't be received well now. Players continue to post threads such as this and nothing ever comes out of it. Maybe this is something we as a community could work on together. It would establish set guidleines (that could vary upon agreement of the teams matching) that had to be followed. At the same time it would weed out the weekend warrior clans and strengthen the clan community. The clan hoppers wouldn't be as numerous because they would need to have more than a three member squad. In my draft of rules it went as far as each team having a spokesperson to address the other team in an effort to clean up the blatant harassment in matches. For those of you who love to spit venom you could still do it in pubs. If anyone might be interested in something like this hit me up in irc. For something like this to work it would need the support of almost all the more established clans. It would take a ruling body, such as the committee, to review the guide lines and make rulings when there is a problem. This in itself would allow for a more regulated clan record. I don't even know why I'm trying to help. More than likely people will not take the time or effort to make something like this happen. Instead they will spend the time they could be helping thrashing the concept.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »
Instead they will spend the time they could be helping thrashing the concept.

THRASH! THRASH! THRASH!
I admire your intentions, but I honestly think in this community, it won't work as well as you think.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
The structure is there so it would work. On the flip side, I know what it will take to make it worth the effort. I thought my statements above showed that I didn't think it would ever happen. This community for the most part are to set in their ways.