Author Topic: Need another OTB Speed Server  (Read 11975 times)

stabbs

• Stingray
Need another OTB Speed Server
« on: January 15, 2009, 01:44:43 PM »
Whoever started the OTB servers, we need another speed one.   The OTB Speed is very popular.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
Re: Need another OTB Speed Server
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »
Or they can make real servers with 60 second respawn time and teach new people the correct way to play the game.

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »
Or not.  60 second respawn games are so boring, because you are always waiting.  I'm out to play, not wait.  You could spend 1 hour playing this game with only 10 minutes of actual playing, and 50 mins of waiting. 

I'm not saying that no one should be allowed to play a 60 second respawn game, I'm just saying that the speed respawn is very popular, and whoever created it should create another, because it's hard to join the one when it is always full.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:53:55 PM by stabbs »

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 02:08:26 PM »
just don't die, then you dont need to wait on regular servers.

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 02:23:43 PM »
everyone is going to die someday.

No, but really, everyone has to die, or else the round would never end.  We all know that it is inevitable that you are going to die a lot in this game, unless you are cheating, or you are just really really good, which takes practice, which you don't get playing 10 minutes out of every hour of game play.  The speed servers help us "noobs" practice.  So, if we are not to die, as you suggested, then let us practice.  Then we will come play on your non-noob servers with 60 second respawns.

(I think I have a pretty good argument on this one.  Don't think anyone can top that.)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 02:23:53 PM »
Or they can make real servers with 60 second respawn time and teach new people the correct way to play the game.

just don't die, then you dont need to wait on regular servers.

Or, make your own server....

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
Tried doing that, but I don't have access to the technology that the OTB creator has.  I can't keep mine running all the time like he/she can.  Also, the router that I'm running off of doesn't allow for my server to be seen publicly, and I don't have access to the router to open the ports that are needed.  Believe me, though, if I could create a server that was visible to the public, and could be running all the time, I would.

Homie

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »
Arctic^Servers ftw! ;)

Should Arctic create a speed server?
Start a poll^^

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »
We have servers with different elim (respawn) times too:

20 seconds: [OTB] Pub 1 - otb-server.de:23585
40 seconds: [OTB] Pub 2 - otb-server.de:11088
60 seconds: [OTB] Pub 3 - otb-server.de:24783

Homie

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 03:02:03 PM »
Our servers ( Pub ) just got 30 seconds, i think its the best respawn Time :P

paintwaster

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
Start a poll^^I second that notion

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »
30 is not bad, but here in the forum was another discussion about "low elim servers" a few month before. Many peoples said, we need some servers with a higher elim time. So we changed it to different elim times on that servers.
Each one can play what he like.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 03:17:46 PM »
We all know that it is inevitable that you are going to die a lot in this game, unless you are cheating, or you are just really really good, which takes practice, which you don't get playing 10 minutes out of every hour of game play.  The speed servers help us "noobs" practice.  So, if we are not to die, as you suggested, then let us practice.  Then we will come play on your non-noob servers with 60 second respawns.

(I think I have a pretty good argument on this one.  Don't think anyone can top that.)

so you actually believe sitting in a corner, spraying 200 balls of paint and killing 100 guys in 10 minutes will improve your skill. Amazing.

Homie

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 03:21:34 PM »
30 is not bad, but here in the forum was another discussion about "low elim servers" a few month before. Many peoples said, we need some servers with a higher elim time. So we changed it to different elim times on that servers.
Each one can play what he like.

Exactly.

Homie

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 03:26:05 PM »
Start a poll^^I second that notion

Well, I'll talk to Ic3y

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »
so you actually believe sitting in a corner, spraying 200 balls of paint and killing 100 guys in 10 minutes will improve your skill. Amazing.

I  understand that some maps can be that way.  But yes, I believe that I can get more skill by doing that than sitting there invisible to everyone, waiting for a 60 second count down.  It does take practice to get into the position to sit in the corner and do that.  It takes more practice to not get hit.  Some are impossible to get hit, but most maps aren't, so I do get practice because I am constantly out there doing one on one battles, and trying to watch my back and everything at the same time.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 04:28:24 PM »
You will never get better by playing on those servers. You're going to suck all your dp career because you won't get a decent clan in a speed server, you will not get match experience. Frankly, speed servers are a horrible idea in the first place, learn to play the game as it was meant to be played.

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »
That may be true.  I guess it depends on what you are trying to get experienced in.  I want to get it in speed.  I enjoy speed servers more, and only want to play on them, and I don't ever want to join a clan because I don't have the time or schedule, or, the desire for that matter.  I just want to get on and randomly play.  But when I play, I want to play, not wait.  I don't care to get better in match situations, I just want to play.  Apparently most people feel the same way since they are joining the speed servers.  So, like I said in the beginning, can the owner of OTB Speed create another Speed server.   Those that don't want to play on speed servers, I suggest one thing.  Don't play on them.  Those that do, go ahead.   There are plenty of non-speed servers, so there shouldn't be any complaints there.  But there are very few speed servers that aren't password protected and that are popular.

Everyone is going to have different likes and dislikes, so to force everyone to one way would be very limiting to this game and would make me look for another game.  I can see others doing the same.  So I wouldn't go the route of forcing them to all be a certain respawn time.   I wouldn't force them to be 6 seconds like the speed servers are.  I would do just what is being done.   But, I am asking if another 6 second server could be created because I have had many times when I can't get on because it is full.  That means others are trying to get on it too, because it stays full.  So it would be great to have another.  That's all I'm saying.  I'm not trying to have an argument about which type of playing is better.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 04:45:46 PM »
you will get better by playing the 60 sec servers. the speed servers are too fast paced compared to things like clan matches

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 04:47:07 PM »
you will get better by playing the 60 sec servers. the speed servers are too fast paced compared to things like clan matches

Refer to my lengthy description above your post that says that I don't care to get better at the 60 second servers.  I only care to get better at playing the speed servers.  I like the fast paced.  I'm a video gamer.  A fast paced video gamer.