Author Topic: Computer freezes while playing PB  (Read 2779 times)

Alpha

• Stingray
Computer freezes while playing PB
« on: January 19, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »
Hey there,
I've got the problem,that,when I'm playing paintball,my Computer completely freezes after some minutes.

Sometimes two,sometimes ten minutes playing,the picture suddenly doesn't move anymore,I can't get to the desktop,even my keyboard isn't working anymore (Capslock isn't working)

Reinstalled PB like 3 times,deleted all files and reinstalled again...still same problem.

Deleted X-Fire from the Computer,closed all Instant Messengers before playing Paintball,still the same problem.

My computer isn't getting too warm,tried to figure the mistake out by starting another game with much higher requirements than PB..no problems there,even after an hour..

checked the computer for malware and stuff,computer is clean...

So I installed PB tonight on the account of my mother,and there it was working,more than 15 minutes without crashing,I hope it will stay this way..

But I'm asking for a solution,because I'd like to have all my files from my Account when I play PB...

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Computer freezes while playing PB
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »
Did you use another computer that your mom uses or was it the same pc?

A lot of issue with dp freezing after playing for a few minutes can be related to video cards overheating.  You might want to check to make sure that the dust bunnies aren't doing the wild thang inside your pc case.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 01:58:19 AM »
Well, I have nearly the same problem.. I'm playing 5-10 minutes and then I got terrible lags.. But these lags aren't because of Ping or fps.. The time down on the right side freezes, too and it's abnormally slow. A minute later or so it's ok again, but in 15-30 minutes it comes again..
I checked my pc, but it's ok..

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 03:10:58 AM »
Did you use another computer that your mom uses or was it the same pc?

No,we've go two accounts on my computer...

A lot of issue with dp freezing after playing for a few minutes can be related to video cards overheating.  You might want to check to make sure that the dust bunnies aren't doing the wild thang inside your pc case.

but why is for example pro evolution soccer 08 working without ANY problems?The requirements for my video card should be much higher for that game than for PB...
But thanks for your help,I'm going to hoover up my pc case to eliminate the possibility of "dust bunnies " ;)

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »
after hoovering my computer up and playing PB on my mothers account,there are still the same problems...
I've got no clue of the matter,I've been playing DPB four years on that computer without ANY problems EVER...

wxcept of PB my computer is still working perfectly...

Any ideas?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:48:11 AM »
I had the same problem, where I got my new motherboard and cpu. Updated and all worked fine

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 11:31:51 PM »
Install any windows updates or driver updates lately?

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 03:15:07 AM »
Should I?
Install any windows updates or driver updates lately?

No I can't remember I did so.

I mean,of course I installed the automatic windows update once a week,but for my vid I didn't in the last 6 months...

maybe I'll try to update the vid card..

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
Try typing "set cl_sleep 1" at the console.